Youth Olympics 3x3 - (Boston, Bueckers, Brunelle, Van Lith) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Youth Olympics 3x3 - (Boston, Bueckers, Brunelle, Van Lith)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I got to watch the 2 games today. I agree that Boston is the key. Teams couldn't get a good shot inside the arc. She's a shot blocker, rebounder, passer, and scorer.

Bueckers is smooth and versatile.

Brunelle has size and versatility, though does look awkward at times.

Van Lith is Badass. I want to see her and Kia Nurse defend each other. I hope we get to see Hailey Van Lith in Storrs for 4 full seasons.
Milford, it sounds like you’re ready for a glass of I’m having, a “Boston“ ice tea on the rocks with a twist of Van Lith, :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
They are?
We'll see about Boston in less than a month. In addition to the playing time available and great coaching, UConn has a distinct geographic advantage. Her parents are in the Virgin Islands, and her aunt lives in Massachusetts. Storrs is within driving distance, while South Bend is not. This is not a guarantee, but I think Aliyah will choose UConn. Regarding Hailey Van Lith, we've heard that she has loved UConn for years, may have narrowed her choices to UConn and Oregon State, and could be the first 2020 UConn recruit to verbal. There is lots of positive news about Hailey.

HGN

Reaction Score
We'll see about Boston in less than a month. In addition to the playing time available and great coaching, UConn has a distinct geographic advantage. Her parents are in the Virgin Islands, and her aunt lives in Massachusetts. Storrs is within driving distance, while South Bend is not. This is not a guarantee, but I think Aliyah will choose UConn. Regarding Hailey Van Lith, we've heard that she has loved UConn for years, may have narrowed her choices to UConn and Oregon State, and could be the first 2020 UConn recruit to verbal. There is lots of positive news about Hailey.
Milford , I like your enthusiasm and positive attitude, I'm just not as confident. However , I'm keeping my hooves crossed for Boston , Jones , and Hailey Van Lith. I can just imagine what Geno could do with talent like that on one squad. Even just for 3years...... Reminds me of the Stewie, Tuck , Mo era. (Sorry, I drifted off into dreamland and wishful thinking).

But for now I say that Boston is a needed piece. Just her talent , size , and toughness in the middle is something we haven't had perhaps since Steph. So if the Huskies can reel her in , and get Jones to see that playing across the country is fully worth it , then The Huskies will have 2/3 of the 'era' I dreamed of earlier.
And that Stewie/Tuck/Mo time is stuff that dreams are truly made of.

HGN

Reaction Score
There was a big time scorer that was left handed that was A LOT closer to Cashmere, WA than Columbus, OH. A Plum of a player if you will. Why isn't she on Hailey's list of favorite players?
Simple answer is , she just isn't. Probably nothing against Plum . She just liked other players better.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Totally OT, but after a long day of hiking I had a really late dinner last night in Coles Corner, about 25 miles west of Cashmere, WA. Couldn't help but think of Hailey Van Lith.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Paige Bueckers and Samantha Brunelle are competing in the shootout contest tomorrow.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Paige Bueckers profile:

Bueckers, a junior at Hopkins High School, is capable of playing both guard positions. She sees herself as a combination guard, even if others label her as a point guard.

“I don’t consider myself just a point guard,” said Bueckers, who also won a FIBA Americas U16 title in 2017. “The label kind of puts me to where I can only be a point guard. I would consider myself more of a combo guard where I play both, just not strictly the point guard spot.”

Paige Bueckers Stays Humble Even as a National Champion and Youth Olympian

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Paige Bueckers profile:

Bueckers, a junior at Hopkins High School, is capable of playing both guard positions. She sees herself as a combination guard, even if others label her as a point guard.

“I don’t consider myself just a point guard,” said Bueckers, who also won a FIBA Americas U16 title in 2017. “The label kind of puts me to where I can only be a point guard. I would consider myself more of a combo guard where I play both, just not strictly the point guard spot.”

Paige Bueckers Stays Humble Even as a National Champion and Youth Olympian

Taurasi

Reaction Score
Don’t be shocked to see Van Lith Head to Oregon State, while Stanford makes a big push as well.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Bueckers finished 4th place in the shoot-out contest. She had the 2nd highest score in qualifying but finished 4th out of 4 in the finals to miss the medals.

Brunelle finished 7th in qualifying (out of 36).

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
USA beat Netherlands 18-14 to advance to the semi-finals. Here's the USA box score in Boston-Brunelle-Bueckers-Van Lith order, top to bottom:

1539716308483.png

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
USA beat Netherlands 18-14 to advance to the semi-finals. Here's the USA box score in Boston-Brunelle-Bueckers-Van Lith order, top to bottom:

View attachment 35300

Thanks for posting. This tourney will conclude tomorrow with semifinals being played before noon and the 3rd place game/finals after.

- France will play Australia in the first semifinal at 11:00 a.m. (10:00 a.m. EDT)
- U.S. will play China at 11:25 a.m. (10:25 EDT)
- The semifinal osers play in the third place game at 12:40 p.m. (11:40 a.m. EDT)
- The semifinal winners play in the Championship game at 1:30 p.m. (12:30 p.m. EDT)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The quarterfinal against the Dutch was extremely physical. Just about everyone would've fouled out under college rules. Thought Bueckers struggled with the physical nature while Van Lith was the best American player. Bueckers did have one tremendous finish and a couple of big blocks.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Van Lith in UConn white schooling TN in puke orange. :rolleyes:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
USA defeated China 21-9 in the semifinals. USA will play France for the gold medal.

France defeated Australia 20-19 in OT. It was quite a dramatic finish. France led 18-14 with 45 seconds left but Australia made back-to-back 2s to tie it.

It was a bit more routine for the US. Bueckers was exceptional and Boston was as commanding as ever on the inside.

Brunelle had a lovely over the shoulder almost-no-look flip to a cutting Bueckers for a layup. Not a good shooting day for her but she put in her work in the trenches pulling down 6 boards and drawing 3 fouls (2/2 FT).

Box score (order top-to-bottom is Boston, Brunelle, Bueckers, Van Lith)

1539788076018.png

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA wins 18-4. No Contest. Too much USA Defense. Perhaps with this Gold Medal, Kara Lawson will coach the U16/U17 teams in the future.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom