Your top 4...

What is your top 4 ranking come Monday?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Just for fun, assuming UCONN wins vs. aTm, what should the top 4 look like come Monday? Do you think the pollsters will take Simms' injury into account - thinking it's likely if she played the entire game, Baylor would have won?

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Stanford, Baylor, UConn, Duke is plausible. Voters simply argue that Stanford was undefeated, knocked off the #1 (not with home court advantage) and deserves the #1 ranking, then leave everyone else in same order.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I'll go with what I posted earlier. IMHO the voters may think this way due to the upset of Baylor by Stanford
#1 Stanford #2 UConn #3 Baylor #4 Duke. Baylor was/is such an over whelming favorite by many to go undefeated and win the National Championship that voters may think any team that beats Baylor deserves to be ranked #1.

Reaction Score
Only a 2 point win so Stanford moves up to #2 but Uconn remains #1. Stanford will get some votes for #1.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Given that A&M is 0-2, a convincing win isn't necessarily going to make a case that Uconn should be #1, but if the girls go down to College Station (on national TV, mind you- this is an important factor) and handle their business, especially without Bria, I think they'll get enough #1 votes to be the #1 ranked team.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
UCLA, UCONN, STanFORD, BAYLOR, LOL, wasn't our win against OK good enough!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Given that A&M is 0-2, a convincing win isn't necessarily going to make a case that Uconn should be #1, but if the girls go down to College Station (on national TV, mind you- this is an important factor) and handle their business, especially without Bria, I think they'll get enough #1 votes to be the #1 ranked team.

If TAMU loses, it will be interesting to see if they still will be ranked at 0-3. Might depend on the margin of the defeat.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
UCLA, UCONN, STanFORD, BAYLOR, LOL, wasn't our win against OK good enough!

LOL. Good one wallman. But the win in Norman was a good one.

BTW wallman, there's a discussion of Nikki Caldwell in the Hampton LSU thread. You may want to share your thoughts on Caldwell from a UCLA perspective.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Well... now ur just splitting hairs! Even without Bria, does anyone think aTm keeps the loss to under 20? Honestly, I'd not be surprised if we won by 30+.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Eric I think UConn has a very good chance of scoring over 90 pts, and 100+ is not out of the question. I keep thinking back to the Tina Renee Maya Kalana team. This team is better and we remember what they did. Most games were over at the half. This team puts up points faster and in bigger bunches and the defense is alot better.

Reaction Score
Eric I think UConn has a very good chance of scoring over 90 pts, and 100+ is not out of the question. I keep thinking back to the Tina Renee Maya Kalana team. This team is better and we remember what they did. Most games were over at the half. This team puts up points faster and in bigger bunches and the defense is alot better.

Eric as I stated/felt last night in the long thread lmy thoughts were
#1 UCONN
#2 ST
#3 BA
#4 DUKE
After conferring with Nate Silver this afternoon! He is crunching the #s and will have the inf up
late tonight on 538!

Reasons last night were BA even with the loss of AA PG Simms to a Strained Hamstring,they still had GRINER,Hayden,Madden,Williams,Pope 5 returning SRS who were an integral part of the NC!
This includes the BEST PLAYER IN COLLEGE WOMENS BB.

ST deserves to move up,UCONN is ranked #2 and has the pretige to be seen as assuming the ranking of
#1,BA does not move down more that 2 spots due to closeness of game,reigning Champs,42 game winning
streak,unanimous #1,Simms injury! You dont drop a #1 team that much with all of the above components!

YA Dont drop the consensus #2 team with the pedigree of UCONN,Duke drops as ST leap frogs over them.

The question is whether BA gets sufficient total to hold off ST for #2!
I voted the above order,but upon further reflection it could be close
for #2 and #3 If we beat Texas A&M big time on National TV we will make it easy
for the voters for #1

Not worried though We play ST,BA,DUKE,etal and time to be #1
Ira

Reaction Score
Just for fun, assuming UCONN wins vs. aTm, what should the top 4 look like come Monday? Do you think the pollsters will take Simms' injury into account - thinking it's likely if she played the entire game, Baylor would have won?

A loss is a loss. UCONN #1 for the next four years. You can continue to discuss the also rans ad nauseum.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Assuming that things go well for the good guys tomorrow, my ranking:

UConn--they were nearly unanimous #2 previously. And they won by ~80.

Stanford--jump over Baylor and also Duke with an impressive win.

Baylor--still better than Duke, whether at full strength or missing both Sims and E. Williams

Duke--not impressive enough to be ahead of Baylor.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
UConn -----will have beat TAM
Stanford--Beat Baylor
Baylor----Beat KY
UCLA----Beat Okla.

All would have beaten a Top 25 team.
What has Duke done?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
UConn -----will have beat TAM
Stanford--Beat Baylor
Baylor----Beat KY
UCLA----Beat Okla.

All would have beaten a Top 25 team.
What has Duke done?

Would you put Chattanooga ahead of Duke? They also beaten a Top 25 team.

1) UCONN
2)Stanford
3) Baylor
4) UCLA
5) ND
6) Penn State
7) Louisville
8) Texas
9) Chattanooga
10) Duke ????

All 9 teams in front of Duke have beaten a top 25 team.. and all except for Baylor are undefeated. Does that seem about right? Or is Duke too high @ 10 ?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm with Triad. I voted for UCONN, Duke, Stanford, Baylor. At this point, Baylor's "close" win over Tenn Martin did nothing to impress over Duke.

I suspect they will work it the same they do on the men's side - if you don't lose, you don't drop. That's why I think UCONN and Duke move up and Baylor drops. One can easily argue that Stanford's win was way more impressive than Duke's, but you might as well put STanford ahead of UCONN at this point as UCONN "only" beat Charleston while Stanford beat Baylor.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Would you put Chattanooga ahead of Duke? They also beaten a Top 25 team.

1) UCONN
2)Stanford
3) Baylor
4) UCLA
5) ND
6) Penn State
7) Louisville
8) Texas
9) Chattanooga
10) Duke ????

All 9 teams in front of Duke have beaten a top 25 team.. and all except for Baylor are undefeated. Does that seem about right? Or is Duke too high @ 10 ?

Ok, I will put Duke 5th for now. But Penn State and Louisville are close.
But by the end of next Sunday when UCLA would have beaten SD State, Okla., Notre Dame and Princeton(all NCAA Tournie teams from last year)and Duke will have wins over Presbyterian, Iona, Valparaiso, and Xavier let me know where you think Duke belongs vs UCLA.
Before the season starts you probably should be ranked ahead of UCLA.......but not now. Not until you beat someone respectable.
By the way, let me know the last time Duke beat a team that is better than them or higher ranked than them. How about just getting in the same area code as UConn, for one game. I just dont give a lot of credit to paper tigers vs teams that do it on the court.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
The best thing that could have happened to Baylor is this early season loss. I would rather see the team at 3 or even 4 rather than only dropping one spot. I think that being ranked behind Stanford is a perfect situation to light a fire under the team and put a little fire in their bellies. The complacency and pressure associated with the number 1 ranking are a thing of the past.

The next REALLY big test that Baylor will have comes against UCONN in February. That game will now be even bigger to the players than it was before the Stanford loss. They will look at it as an opportunity to take the number 1 ranking, whereas before it was going to be a game that could have cost them the number 1 ranking. It totally changes the dynamics of that game. The loss to Stanford will also be super motivating should they face Stanford again in April.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The best thing that could have happened to Baylor is this early season loss. I would rather see the team at 3 or even 4 than only dropping one spot. I think that being ranked behind Stanford is perfect to light a fire under the team and put a little fire in their bellies. The complacency and pressure associated with the number 1 ranking are a thing of the past.

The next REALLY big test that Baylor will have comes against UCONN in February. That game will now be even bigger to the players than it was before the Stanford loss. They will look at it as an opportunity to take the number 1 ranking, whereas before it was going to be a game that could have cost them the number 1 ranking. It totally changes the dynamics of that game. The loss to Stanford will also be super motivating should they face Stanford again in April.

The next best thing will be a mid season loss and a season ending loss in April. :D

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
The best thing that could have happened to Baylor is this early season loss. I would rather see the team at 3 or even 4 rather than only dropping one spot. I think that being ranked behind Stanford is a perfect situation to light a fire under the team and put a little fire in their bellies. The complacency and pressure associated with the number 1 ranking are a thing of the past.

The next really big test depends on how quickly Sims comes back.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

Am I a bad person for thinking that you're whistling past the graveyard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom