Your top 4...

What is your top 4 ranking come Monday?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Am I a bad person for thinking that you're whistling past the graveyard?

That's funny. I had to look up the meaning of that expression as I had never heard it before.

Nah, I truly think that this loss will have so much more value than a win would have provided....ASSUMING that it is used that way with the team. It sends a message that coaches can't drive home by just saying it in practice.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
If Sims is not healthy by the time Baylor plays Notre Dame, that will be a big test. Game is played at ND and that's not an easy place to play. Notre Dame can win with or without Sims playing but if Sims plays IMHO Baylor wins by 10+ points.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Ok, I will put Duke 5th for now. But Penn State and Louisville are close.
But by the end of next Sunday when UCLA would have beaten SD State, Okla., Notre Dame and Princeton(all NCAA Tournie teams from last year)and Duke will have wins over Presbyterian, Iona, Valparaiso, and Xavier let me know where you think Duke belongs vs UCLA.
Before the season starts you probably should be ranked ahead of UCLA.......but not now. Not until you beat someone respectable.
By the way, let me know the last time Duke beat a team
that is better than them or higher ranked than them. How about just getting in the same area code as UConn, for one game. I just dont give a lot of credit to paper tigers vs teams that do it on the court.

1) Beat Notre Dame first, its not a sure thing like you may think
2) Dec 2008, defeated a Final 4 Bound Stanford team. Dec 2010 defeated the eventual National Champion TAMU. Your jabs highlight two of the complaints from Duke fans during the McCallie is the lack of top tier wins away from Cameron Indoor, and thrashings at the hands of UCONN.

3) Hopefully by next year, under the senior leadership of Chelsea Gray, with the contributions of Chloe Wells, and with the added influx of talented freshman Oderah Chidom and Kendall Cooper, the Blue Devils will shed the paper tiger label... hopefully. :cool:

I find it a bit humorous that a UCLA fan (I suppose) is casting aspersions towards Duke in terms of lack of quality wins. :rolleyes:

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
[quote="triaddukefan, post: 397682, member: 378"
]1) Beat Notre Dame first, its not a sure thing like you may think--I agree, beat them first, Princeton too
2) Dec 2008--4 years is almost light years away and nobody on this current team was playing for you, defeated a Final 4 Bound Stanford team.
Dec 2010 defeated the eventual National Champion TAMU--TAMU was ranked 7th and Duke was ranked 5th, (on game day) so it wasnt beating a team higher ranked or "perceived better"--TAMU became a better team in conference and peaked in the NCAA tournament. Your jabs highlight two of the complaints from Duke fans during the McCallie is the lack of top tier wins away from Cameron Indoor, and thrashings at the hands of UCONN.

3) Hopefully by next year, under the senior leadership of Chelsea Gray(A California Girl)--->the most impressive player I saw at the Nike Nationals AAU tournament in Augusta the summer of 2009, with the contributions of Chloe Wells(A California Girl), and with the added influx of talented freshman Oderah Chidom and Kendall Cooper(2 California Girls), the Blue Devils will shed the paper tiger label... hopefully. :cool:

I find it a bit humorous that a UCLA fan--actually a Pac12 fan, but I root for USC and UCLA as my local teams, I also root for Gonzaga. (I suppose) is casting aspersions towards Duke in terms of lack of quality wins. :rolleyes:[/quote]

PS--I will be at both of Dukes games in LA next month.............Hope they split.........but I think they win both.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
[

2) Dec 2008--4 years is almost light years away and nobody on this current team was playing for you, defeated a Final 4 Bound Stanford team.
Dec 2010 defeated the eventual National Champion TAMU--TAMU was ranked 7th and Duke was ranked 5th, (on game day) so it wasnt beating a team higher ranked or "perceived better"--TAMU became a better team in conference and peaked in the NCAA tournament. Your jabs highlight two of the complaints from Duke fans during the McCallie is the lack of top tier wins away from Cameron Indoor, and thrashings at the hands of UCONN.

The thing is... since her first year as the Duke coach... Duke has pretty much been a top 5-6 team... so the only games we've played vs teams ahead of us have been the annual matchups with UCONN, the three games vs Stanford, and last year's controversial buzzer beater loss at the hands of ND.

3) Hopefully by next year, under the senior leadership of Chelsea Gray(A California Girl)--->the most impressive player I saw at the Nike Nationals AAU tournament in Augusta the summer of 2009, with the contributions of Chloe Wells(A California Girl), and with the added influx of talented freshman Oderah Chidom and Kendall Cooper(2 California Girls), the Blue Devils will shed the paper tiger label... hopefully. :cool:
Of course I put that in there because all 4 are california girls, and the last two had UCLA among their finalists. ;) I love it when Duke can go into distant states and take recruits away from the major in-state universities ... especially Alexis Jones last year.

I find it a bit humorous that a UCLA fan--actually a Pac12 fan, but I root for USC and UCLA as my local teams, I also root for Gonzaga. (I suppose) is casting aspersions towards Duke in terms of lack of quality wins. :rolleyes:

PS--I will be at both of Dukes games in LA next month.............Hope they split.........but I think they win both

Hopefully the Blue Devils can annihilate Cal and USC in the coming month. I'd settle for a 15 pts win vs Cal... a 25-30 pts win vs USC.[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom