Your son plays ball & has offers everywhere | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Your son plays ball & has offers everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Cannot believe I am the first to say this but, Kansas. Great school, great tradition, great coach, and the best fans in the world.

But it's in Kansas.

caw

Reaction Score
If he has big hands and likes to play in altitude: SDSU
If he is scared of heights/flying and has big hands: ISU
If he is a lazy defender: SU
If he is a guard that likes to flop but loves hugs: Duke
If he is really interested in African American Studies but doesn't actually want to go to class: UNC
If he wants to complain constantly about East Coast bias: the Pac12 minus UCLA
If he doesn't like alcohol, sex or caffeine: BYU

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Lawrence is a very nice college town. Plenty to do there.

Indeed. I loved my 4 years in Storrs, but as a college town, Lawrence is fantastic. Way more to do. More bars, Free State Brewery, great downtown, tons of live music, and dare I say it...the girls are really an upgrade over those at UConn (in the aggregate). The Pi Phi House might as well be the Playboy Mansion. Had a great three years there.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
You don't want a BS tour yet you pick Florida and NC State?

I like both coaches and think they do a good job with their players. I prefer the order though with Butler, Michigan St and Stanford the most.

Plus NCST might be able to dethrone the big two in the ACC which would make me very happy. Same goes for Florida as my dislike for UK is huge.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
that's a hard question to answer, what coach best develops NBA players? as opposed to recruiting one and dones?

I think most of the good ones are in the same boat, so education becomes a differentiating factor. That would eliminate Squid, although I'd choose Squid if my son was a lock to be one and done.

I guess I'd choose KU, great school and Self seems to prepare kids for the NBA

Reaction Score
So he won't be taking after his father!:)

Are you two going to the football game Thursday night? I'd love to see the vicous debate the two of you get into over a beer or two while tailgating.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Are you two going to the football game Thursday night? I'd love to see the vicous debate the two of you get into over a beer or two while tailgating.

I don't think Clothy is old enough to drink

Reaction Score
1) UNC (F Dook)
2) UCLA (Love SoCal)
3) Michigan (Ann Arbor > Flint)
4) Indiana (F ND)
5) Louisville (F Kentucky)

Edit: how could I forget Kansas?

1) UNC
2) Kansas
3) UCLA
4) Michigan
5) IU
6) Louisville

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
All the big schools have offered. He wants to make the NBA & loves to travel, see new states, make new friends. He's not tied to any particular school or region. HE CANNOT ATTEND UCONN. You are a MAJOR influence in his Final decision. He starts school in 2013. Where do you want him to play & why? Make your case......

Duke. Can't argue against Coach K's resume in college and in the Olympics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Someone tell me why this insecure, mental case hasn't been banned yet......
Oh, stop your crying moron. It's not my fault you put a target on your own back. BTW, I think Izzo is a great choice but you do release he's fairly tight with your buddy "the Squid"?

Reaction Score
Personally, I don't care who thinks I put a target on my back or why. This is a UConn board, idiot, and no, Calhoun hating, umess fan should be allowed to post anything negative about a UConn fan or the UConn coach or the team or the program or the university on a UConn board. But that's irrelevant because we both know why you really are obsessed with me. My avatar bothers you so much that you have to make back-to-back posts from two of your aliases. That's why I keep it. To irritate the crap out of you. It is also why I will continue to bash and insult the squid. I know how to push people's buttons...annoy the crap out of them. And I am smart enough to manipulate your dumb . I am like a cat toying with his pet mouse.

Say, by the way, where did umess end up on that ESPN Top 50 list? Did you see where UConn ranks in the Calhoun era? Calhoun is a great coach, don't you think? And he did it with a fraction of the McD all-americans the squid has had. Now why do you suppose the squid was able to out-recruit Calhoun even when he was at Memphis? Calimari, not as accomplished as a coach. Memphis, the university, not as accomplished as a program. Memphis, the city, a dump. And Rose was found to have had someone take his SAT for him. And it happened in Detroit. And Detroit is the home of World Wide Wes. That's just a small piece of the big picture. Calhoun, not perfect but cleaner than the squid AND a better coach!

Reaction Score
Personally, I don't care who thinks I put a target on my back or why. This is a UConn board, idiot, and no, Calhoun hating, umess fan should be allowed to post anything negative about a UConn fan or the UConn coach or the team or the program or the university on a UConn board. But that's irrelevant because we both know why you really are obsessed with me. My avatar bothers you so much that you have to make back-to-back posts from two of your aliases. That's why I keep it. To irritate the crap out of you. It is also why I will continue to bash and insult the squid. I know how to push people's buttons...annoy the crap out of them. And I am smart enough to manipulate your dumb . I am like a cat toying with his pet mouse.

Say, by the way, where did umess end up on that ESPN Top 50 list? Did you see where UConn ranks in the Calhoun era? Calhoun is a great coach, don't you think? And he did it with a fraction of the McD all-americans the squid has had. Now why do you suppose the squid was able to out-recruit Calhoun even when he was at Memphis? Calimari, not as accomplished as a coach. Memphis, the university, not as accomplished as a program. Memphis, the city, a dump. And Rose was found to have had someone take his SAT for him. And it happened in Detroit. And Detroit is the home of World Wide Wes. That's just a small piece of the big picture. Calhoun, not perfect but cleaner than the squid AND a better coach!

I don't remember saying anything in my post about Calhoun. Why do you feel the need to defend him when I never brought him up. Just so you know "the Squid" hasn't coached at Umass in over 16 years. There have been 4 coaches since. Derek Kellogg is our current coach.

Your avatar doesn't bother me, either. But it is pretty pathetic, even your own peers think so. And you are right, Calhoun is a great coach and a man of outstanding character.

Reaction Score
Really depends on what type of player the kid is, his interests, personality and academic prowess. Hate to say it but Duke and Georgetown might be the choices.

Reaction Score
Clothy and HuskyManiac- go away. Every time one of you posts you both attempt to highjack a thread rehashing the same . Its been going on forever. Either you are both losers with nothing better to do (likely) or you are the same person with a multiple personality disorder (also likely).
Seriously, just trade email addresses and talk to each other via that. You will save everyone here a ton of time having to skim through your crap.

Reaction Score
BTW I tell my son to go UNC all day. I like Coach K, but MOST of his players that stay for longer than a year are rarely big time stars in the league. Georgetown runs the Princeton offense which is useless in the league and wont hone his game. At UNC you have great coaching, great talent around you, will hone your game towards the NBA, and Chapel Hill is a dope college town.

Reaction Score
Clothy and HuskyManiac- go away. Every time one of you posts you both attempt to highjack a thread rehashing the same . Its been going on forever. Either you are both losers with nothing better to do (likely) or you are the same person with a multiple personality disorder (also likely).
Seriously, just trade email addresses and talk to each other via that. You will save everyone here a ton of time having to skim through your crap.

I agree, Clothy should stay away from a UConn board since he can't come here without insulting either our program, our coach or our fans.

Reaction Score
This is the easiest decision. ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY HOME OF THE SUN DEVILS!!!!

I also think ASU for my SON. If we are talking the year 2005 no question my son would have learned alot from cheerleader Courtney Simpson. Those lessons could have been life changing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom