Your son plays ball & has offers everywhere | The Boneyard

Your son plays ball & has offers everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
All the big schools have offered. He wants to make the NBA & loves to travel, see new states, make new friends. He's not tied to any particular school or region. HE CANNOT ATTEND UCONN. You are a MAJOR influence in his Final decision. He starts school in 2013. Where do you want him to play & why? Make your case......

Reaction Score
Sounds like Michigan St., but backing out the stuff about travel & seeing new states, etc.:

Stanford, UCLA, Michigan would be top choices.

Reaction Score
How are his grades?? Does he care about education? If not, Kentucky or UNC. If so, Puke or Stanford.

Reaction Score
Ain't easy to answer. If your kid is a party animal send him to Idaho. If he's a stupid jock send him to UK. If he's a smart kid send him to Georgetown. If he's a playboy send him to Navy.

If he's an selfish aszhole send him to Chaminade.

Reaction Score
Kentucky - daddy needs a new porsche.

Also in the running:

Temple - grew up an owls fan and love Fran

WVU - IF he can't play under Calhoun, might as well play under Huggy who's likely closest to him personality wise.

Michgan State - reasons said already, plus Izzo seems like a good role model

SDSU - I'd love having an excuse to go on a cross country vacation to San Diego every weekend.

Reaction Score
1. Kentucky---Cal will provide spending money so I don't have to.

2. BC. We are very private people and nobody seeing him play would help preserve that privacy.

3. Duke. He could br drafted and be set for life even if he only scores 10ppg. Espn will make him look like the next Larry Bird even if he sucks.

4. Providence. I love Italian food and booing my own son when the Huskies come to town will toughen him up.

5. St John's. I will require that my seats be next to Lavin's wife. If I bring my A game she may notice I am better looking and much younger than he is.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If my son is that good I'll send him to Kentucky and collect 200k like Anthony Davis's dad did

That should be a chance card Sportsopoly. "Your son is a good as Anthony Davis. Send him to Kentucky and collect $200,000"

Reaction Score
I'm insane so I actually care about the character of the people that my son will be spending that much time with. Long after basketball ends, his choices will be driven by his character. Since I also care about him developing I want him to actually have a good coach. Given those two things, I would send him to Duke or Michigan State. In either case, he will travel, see new states and meet new people. And I have never bought that it is important to have a coach that supposedly "lets the kids showcase their talents by letting them play" or that coaches with an "NBA style". Calhoun supposedly does neither of those things and he doesn't recruit many "sure thing" recruits but he still manages to put a ton of kids into the NBA and most of them have long productive careers. The same could be said of Izzo and Coach K. If I had to pick one I would probably lean toward Izzo because he seems to do more with less. If Shaka Smart or the Butler coach ever end up at a team in a power conference, they would be high on the list as well.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
What are his real NBA odds? 95% of kids of think they might make it don't. Duke, Vanderbilt or Stanford tops, plus UNC, Michigan, Notre Dame or Texas, set him up pretty well if he doesn't get drafted and can get you to the NBA as well. If he's truly a star, then broaden the scope to include Kansas and Michigan State. Florida and Arizona have too many distractions.

Reaction Score
If you are an idiot send him to Providence or BC. If you are smart Arizona St.

Reaction Score
1. Ohio State (freak of nature athletes regardless of sport)

2. Georgetown (a BE team, Washington DC, education, and even great opportunity to play in the NBA)

3. Stanford (assuming my son wants a good education as well)

4. UNLV (great mid-major to play for and is always a surprise)

5. Syracuse (assuming UConn ever plays them again in basketball it would make any kid say it's awesome to play for a bitter rivalry) and I think he would have his eyes on Jim's wife ;) more than the game.

If I hate my son, I'll send him to Kentucky :).

Reaction Score
I'd send my son to Nebraska. They have arguably the best facilities in the nation and also will have a brand new arena for 2013. The kicker is? Nebraska fans have longed to be good at basketball, but have had no luck because the majority of their efforts are put into the football department. That has all changed and Ifa big time player decided to attend Nebraska for basketball he would immediately become a walking god on campus. If he elevated the program to a high tier he would forever be beloved by Husker fans everywhere.

Reaction Score
I would definitely be sending him to play under Billy Donovan at Florida.

H

Husk-E

Stanford, Cal, Duke, or wherever Brad Stevens is coaching. That guy is a hell of a coach. I want my kid going to a good academic school. I wouldn't want him being influenced by the wrong crowd, or pissing all of his money away when he's older.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
A place where he will get the coaching he needs to make him better. I don't want the BS tour either so that would knock out Kentucky, Texas, and a few other like St. John's.

Butler, Mich St., Stanford, NCST, and Florida would be my top 5.

Reaction Score
Stanford if he is reasonably smart. Kentucky if I was broke.

Reaction Score
Harvard. All their athletes go work in finance after and make as much money as anyone in the NBA by the time they're 35. The fact people are arguing otherwise is lunacy.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Stanford is the clear choice. Great school, good competition. Definitely not MSU. Izzo may be a good coach, but that student body is filled with bitter balloon knots.

Reaction Score
Cannot believe I am the first to say this but, Kansas. Great school, great tradition, great coach, and the best fans in the world.

Reaction Score
A place where he will get the coaching he needs to make him better. I don't want the BS tour either so that would knock out Kentucky, Texas, and a few other like St. John's.

Butler, Mich St., Stanford, NCST, and Florida would be my top 5.

You don't want a BS tour yet you pick Florida and NC State?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom