Your pick for biggest steal of the draft | The Boneyard

Your pick for biggest steal of the draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Im going with:

The New York Knicks getting Cleanthony Early Wichita State. I think this kid could be a really really good player for a long time. I see him as a poor mans D.Wade and thats pretty darn good. With Hardaway jr. looking like a very good young player and now Early having an opening now that Melo is gone for a lot of minutes it could be the perfect situation for him to develop.

Reaction Score
The Hornets with Vonleh and Dwight Powell. The Jazz also had great value picks with Hood and I'm especially high on Jarnell Stokes. The Spurs with Kyle Anderson and of course the Heat with Shabazz.

Reaction Score
My Knicks did a good job w their 2 picks. Charlotte's picks of PJ Hairston could be a sleeper if he ever matures off the court.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
PJ Hairston, Shabazz, Cleanthony Early. I like Johnny O'Bryant if he ever learns how to play defense. I guess you could consider Vonleh dropping to #9 as well. I think Lamar Patterson could be a poor man Lance Stephenson.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Cleanthony Early & Shabazz.

Reaction Score
I liked Early all along and thought the Celts should have gone that way……….like the C's 2nd pick better than Smart……….

Still wondering about the hype on Vonleh? Know there is potential there somewhere but it may take a while, if at all!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
PJ Hairston, Shabazz, Cleanthony Early. I like Johnny O'Bryant if he ever learns how to play defense. I guess you could consider Vonleh dropping to #9 as well. I think Lamar Patterson could be a poor man Lance Stephenson.

Hairston is good risk/reward at that spot. Early should be good, but it's the Knicks, so who knows. I think KJ McDaniels might be another steal. He was in the low 20s on many mocks, a mashup of Lamb/DD.

There's no "bust" thread here, but I'm going to predict Payne is going to be a bust for a mid-round pick. Nothing about the guy other than his size comparative to other college players impressed me. His slow reaction times and slow shot are going to be difficult for any coach to improve. Should be very easy to defend against.

Reaction Score
I liked Early all along and thought the Celts should have gone that way……….like the C's 2nd pick better than Smart……….

Still wondering about the hype on Vonleh? Know there is potential there somewhere but it may take a while, if at all!
The Celts will be trading Rondo and Smart was the best PG available but I like Early too.

Reaction Score
Kyle Andersen, gets drafted by who else the Spurs. Great replacement for Boris Diaw.

Reaction Score
Kyle Andersen, gets drafted by who else the Spurs. Great replacement for Boris Diaw.

I wish I was a Spurs fan. They draft the perfect guy seemingly every year. Anderson fits that team like a glove.

pj

Reaction Score
Smart is talented but dumb. Those guys have a way of underperforming. Whereas guys like Shabazz have a way of overperforming. The Celts did well to pick up James Young with their second pick but I see them still in rebuilding, I don't think Smart and Young are pieces of a championship team.

I think Sean Kilpatrick in free agency will be a good pickup. Surprised he wasn't drafted.

Reaction Score
Smart is talented but dumb. Those guys have a way of underperforming. Whereas guys like Shabazz have a way of overperforming. The Celts did well to pick up James Young with their second pick but I see them still in rebuilding, I don't think Smart and Young are pieces of a championship team.
I think Sean Kilpatrick in free agency will be a good pickup. Surprised he wasn't drafted.

I think Smart will be the biggest bust of the draft! His game is so one dimensional and he lacks the outside jumpshot to keep defenders honest. According to a stat they showed last night Smart shot under 30% from 8ft and out. That does not cut it the NBA. I was hoping that the Celts would trade down and grab the kid from Roxbury.

Reaction Score
If the Heat stay together add maybe another player if they can and Shabazz becomes a spark plug to them getting back to the finals, then it's him hands down. I see it happening second half of next season after a break in period.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I think Smart will be the biggest bust of the draft! His game is so one dimensional and he lacks the outside jumpshot to keep defenders honest. According to a stat they showed last night Smart shot under 30% from 8ft and out. That does not cut it the NBA. I was hoping that the Celts would trade down and grab the kid from Roxbury.

I think it's correctable. He was OK as a catch and shoot player, but he shot way too many contested jump shots and shot a low percentage on those. Interestingly, that's also something that Young needs to work on: cutting out the contested jumpers.

"Biggest bust of the draft" is an absolutely ridiculous statement because at the very least he will be a defensive stopper. He'll always be a rotational guy. The questions are whether he can develop a jump shot and develop starter-level PG skills. Defensively, he's already better than average.

Reaction Score
I'm shocked by all the raving the "experts" did abiut Smart, he's a less athletic Dion Waiters in my opinion.

Reaction Score
I think worst pick was at #18 with tyler ennis.. I can't imagine what they saw in him over bazz. Not that I'm upset, if the heat keep the big 3 and ray ray stays that's probably the best thing for bazz.

As far as sleeper, I think Early And Bazz dropping as far as they did were the real sleepers, those 2 guys have starter potential and fell almost to the second round

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I loved the James Young pick for Boston at 17. Kid could be an absolute steal

And also, just like his name, the kid is super young too. Youngest player in the draft? Talent per years, he's top shelf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom