Your 2017-2018 UConn Huskies | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Your 2017-2018 UConn Huskies

Reaction Score
Are we sleeping on AA? He's experienced and practicing daily with our 3 guards will help elevate his game higher. Throw in our NBA guard coach, he may be a difference maker, especially in critical foul situations.

I think he's gonna fit in really well with our guards Adams and Gilbert especially. If you look at his stats he's improved every year and he's obviously fearless and clutch when you look at his buzzer beaters. He's now gonna be surrounded with better players and coaches. UConn will have three guards next year that can handle the ball, make plays, create for their teammates and not only shoot but take the big shot and make it. That's not even counting Larrier and Vital who will be big-time contributors at the 2 and 3. If the chemistry is there which I think it will be the sky's the limit.

C

Chief00

Of course, the time we won it with Nolan we finished a number of games in the tourney with Daniels and Giffey combining to play the 4 and 5.

Yeah we were ahead and had ball handlers / foul shooters in there at end.

Reaction Score
Of course, the time we won it with Nolan we finished a number of games in the tourney with Daniels and Giffey combining to play the 4 and 5.

This. Our 2014 team isn't exactly a great counter case for Chief to make. This was by far our most effective lineup.

Reaction Score
Sophomore Nolan wouldn't see the floor next year? Are you kidding me? What on earth would lead you to believe our current frontcourt is good enough to keep any of our previous frontcourt players from playing?
His lack of actual basketball ability

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, our reputation on recently developing Bigs is bad enough and now we are saying we don't need a guy over 6-6! God help us.

C

Chief00

Go re-watch the Florida game.
That was all about Calhoun tweaking Daniels before the game - saying no one is talking about you - Daniels was 6-9 or 6-10. How does argue against tall dudes!

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Are we sleeping on AA? He's experienced and practicing daily with our 3 guards will help elevate his game higher. Throw in our NBA guard coach, he may be a difference maker, especially in critical foul situations.

The only "AA" folks around here are conversant with is Alcoholics Anonymous.

upload_2017-6-28_18-7-36.jpeg

Reaction Score
Looking at the roster we all know where the strengths and weaknesses are. Points from our front court will be at a premium but by committee can we get 20 ppg from Onuorah, Carlton, Cobb, Whaley, Diarra and Polley? That's what 3-4 ppg each? I'm betting that's possible as an average. Assuming health of course:
Adams had 14 ppg last year is he ready for 18?
Vital for 10?
Gilbert for 10?
Larrier for 14?
Anderson for 4?
If we can get 20 ppg from those 6 and this team can defend, rebound and score in the mid to high 70s can we win enough games given a pretty challenging OOC schedule?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
That was all about Calhoun tweaking Daniels before the game - saying no one is talking about you - Daniels was 6-9 or 6-10. How does argue against tall dudes!

You underrate the value of the length.

7-2 wingspan is just condor like.

It means his standing reach is similar to a guy a few inches taller.

If he was 6-8 would you really be complaining?

Reaction Score
I was away for 2 weeks without much internet so coming back to no roster committments or additions is disappointing but it looks like we really need Diarra with his shoulders and strength to rebound. He can't be mediocre. Our other forwards are UCONN skinny that we have been used to 6'8" 190. So when we go against muscle its Cobb and Diarra. Larrier is very skilled but can be take the punishment, is he fragile? The guards are our strength and and all questions on the front court remain. In fact I don't remember a more questionable front court but I'm sure somebody will point one out.

Reaction Score
You underrate the value of the length.

7-2 wingspan is just condor like.

It means his standing reach is similar to a guy a few inches taller.

If he was 6-8 would you really be complaining?

Assuming Mama didn't' grow since then, his 8'11" standing reach is only 2-4" from our most heralded bigs (other than Thabeet) Bigger question for me is whether he can regain his explosiveness. based on the game videos of him, he seemed to jump very quickly (hints of Elton brand fast) and dunk everything around the hoop, something that many of our 6'10" guys failed to do.

Not saying he will start or be great, but less worried about his height given the 8'11" reach

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is easy stuff. We have a frontocurt of 3 star recruits who haven't played a lick of D1 basketball. One or two of these guys might turn out to be servicable next year. We have people on this board saying Phil Nolan can't compare with this front court and Diarra is the next Adrien,,,we don't know. We have people saying Anderson could be huge for us, my guess is he will be a servicable 4th or 5th guard,,,he was the 4th leading scorer on a terrible Atlantic 10 team.

I get it's crazy season but people need to check themselves. The way we are good and relevant again is if Jalen is amazing and Gilbert and Larrier are healthy and really good. Need solid contributions from the guys inside but Nolan and any other "stiffs" from UConn's past would get minutes.

Reaction Score
We have 4 guys listed as 6' 9", 3 at 6' 8" and one at 6'7".

None listed as 6'6". Your Pont that they lie about their height but previous player didn't? Or just talking out of your hole?
Our best big man ever was probably a legit 6'8 "
He was also super strong

Reaction Score
This is easy stuff. We have a frontocurt of 3 star recruits.......
Pretty sure Diarra was a consensus 4 star, and technically ESPN has Carlton as a 4 star & had Cobb as a 4 star in 2015....and Polley although probably more a hybrid is a consensus 4 star ....for whatever it's all worth just to be accurate.

Last edited:

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Looking at the roster we all know where the strengths and weaknesses are. Points from our front court will be at a premium but by committee can we get 20 ppg from Onuorah, Carlton, Cobb, Whaley, Diarra and Polley? That's what 3-4 ppg each? I'm betting that's possible as an average. Assuming health of course:
Adams had 14 ppg last year is he ready for 18?
Vital for 10?
Gilbert for 10?
Larrier for 14?
Anderson for 4?
If we can get 20 ppg from those 6 and this team can defend, rebound and score in the mid to high 70s can we win enough games given a pretty challenging OOC schedule?
We need at least 50-55 ppg from Adams, Larrier, Gilbert and Vital.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Pretty sure Diarra was a consensus 4 star, and technically ESPN has Carlton as a 4 star & had Cobb as a 4 star in 2015....and Polley although probably more a hybrid is a consensus 4 star ....for whatever it's all worth just to be accurate.

It's just a lot easier to make blanket statements about how bad players are, even if one has never seen them play, than to actually look up facts and stuff... ;)

DALTX

People better get us now ... because it's coming
Reaction Score
Any insight on why Jalen changed to #4?

Reaction Score
Our best big man ever was probably a legit 6'8 "
He was also super strong

You have lost me on this one. Emeka was our best big man ever and he was 6'10". Who is the 6' 8" guy?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Homie must be talking Adrien?? I think he was actually like 6'5"

Reaction Score
You have lost me on this one. Emeka was our best big man ever and he was 6'10". Who is the 6' 8" guy?
Emeka was about 6'10 maybe 6'11 in shoes
I was using hyperbole
He did have length and incredible strength
My point was all of sudden our listed 6'10 guys are 6'7 or 6'8 , like this game hasn't been played in BB since Naismith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom