You think this year is bad, wait til next year!!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

You think this year is bad, wait til next year!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
The collective improvement of Hamilton, Brimah, Purvis, Facey, Calhoun, Samuel and Cassell combined with the addition of JA and SE will offset the loss of Boatright. We will be a better team next year.
No improvement from Nolan expected...

Reaction Score
this team will be good next year... everyone will have a year of experience under their belt both playing wise and leadership wise(brimah), not just one player(boat) and everyone will improve, you can already see it this year with some of the players... starting line up of TSam/Adams, Omar, DHam, Facey/Enoch, Brimah... This team will be good
I hope Tsam isn't starting(I have no idea if he ever worked on his shooting this past summer) and I don't think Omar is really a 2 guard(better as a backup as his handle is horrible). I hope Purvis improves and can play the two or they can get one more really good recruit.

Reaction Score
I have no faith that anyone on this team has one ounce of leadership with maybe an exception for TSam's gritty play. Maybe OMar.. Not DH, Purv or Brimah.

If your one thing you take out of this team is TSam then maybe that's the beginning of your issues.

Reaction Score
I actually think they'll be very good next year. A sophomore Hamilton, junior Facey, and junior Brimah has the chance to be an elite college frontcourt, and UConn hasn't had a dominant frontcourt since the 08-09 season.

Purvis is a complete wildcard, but heck, he HAS to be better than he was this season. Calhoun and Samuel, meanwhile, are an excellent foundation to a bench.

And, while I know there's no guarantee with freshmen, I just think Adams is going to be special from day one. He's really, really, really good.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I hope Tsam isn't starting(I have no idea if he ever worked on his shooting this past summer) and I don't think Omar is really a 2 guard(better as a backup as his handle is horrible). I hope Purvis improves and can play the two or they can get one more really good recruit.
omars handle is much much better than it used to be, it's tighter and quicker.... tsam will work a lot over the summer bc he'll be forced to with adams coming in

Reaction Score
OP, I get it. You love UConn. You are terrified that what has been so good for so long will disappear. People will blast you, but fundamentally, I understand: you don't want something you love to die.

Try to remember that UConn won the National Championship 10 months ago. Remember that, although Ollie has had a tough year, he is a NBA-level coach. Remember that UConn's record after championship seasons has never been particularly good, even when we were loaded with Drummond-level talents. Remember that despite those "down" years, we came back and won more championships. Remember that every year is different; some teams have it, some don't. Remember that Adams, Hamilton, Brimah, Facey, Calhoun and Purvis is a pretty decent core, with some individual player improvements and the hope that Adams will be ready from Day 1. Remember that Ollie could still land Diamond Stone or some other difference-maker. Remember that conference affiliation can change, and UConn could be in a much more favorable position within a couple of years.

There is hope. It's one bad year, and it's not even over yet (AAC tourney is in Hartford, after all). The program isn't in great shape TODAY, but tomorrow is another day.

Reaction Score
I actually think they'll be very good next year. A sophomore Hamilton, junior Facey, and junior Brimah has the chance to be an elite college frontcourt, and UConn hasn't had a dominant frontcourt since the 08-09 season.

Purvis is a complete wildcard, but heck, he HAS to be better than he was this season. Calhoun and Samuel, meanwhile, are an excellent foundation to a bench.

And, while I know there's no guarantee with freshmen, I just think Adams is going to be special from day one. He's really, really, really good.

I haven't read the Sports Guy in awhile, but he used to have this "Ewing theory" - that sometimes a team can get better despite losing its best player. The theory was nothing against the best player - it was that the other guys relied too much on him as a crutch. When he left, multiple other guys stepped up and got better, and therefore the team as a whole got better. I think there's some potential for that next year.

Reaction Score
I haven't read the Sports Guy in awhile, but he used to have this "Ewing theory" - that sometimes a team can get better despite losing its best player. The theory was nothing against the best player - it was that the other guys relied too much on him as a crutch. When he left, multiple other guys stepped up and got better, and therefore the team as a whole got better. I think there's some potential for that next year.

interesting that you mention that. I see that in youth sports with my son, when one of the key players is not there, the other kids start playing like possessed men in his absence, it's like everyone's energy level is notched up.

Reaction Score
How do we know that the guy who started this thread isn't just a Rutgers/BCU fan trying to troll us?

Reaction Score
Just 9 months removed from a NC, UConn is already looking at becoming the next UMass.

Sad that this is becoming classic BY. Would love to see some of you morons as Indiana fans.

Reaction Score
omars handle is much much better than it used to be, it's tighter and quicker.... tsam will work a lot over the summer bc he'll be forced to with adams coming in
Omar's handle looks the same to me. The only reason he has had lanes was that is outside shot was falling. As soon as it stops falling watch how teams will play him and how many times he will turnover the ball or get completely rejected like he did in the Cincy game. TS should never be a starter on a UCONN Huskies team. Great backup player like last year but no true point guard skills and can't shoot to save his life. Sorry, we need another Pt guard in here for next year to be competitive and Ollie is working on that from all accounts.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
If your one thing you take out of this team is TSam then maybe that's the beginning of your issues.
If you read the post, it says TSam plays "Gritty" you know hard... maybe not the most talented but he gives it his all each time he is out there. That is way more than I can say for a lot of the current players, Boat, excluded..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom