You think this year is bad, wait til next year!!! | The Boneyard

You think this year is bad, wait til next year!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Look a head to next year... What do you see? Who's the leading scorer? Who's #2 or 3 option? What's our identity ? We are looking at a meltdown in the making and UCONN falling into UMASS oblivion.

Reaction Score
I mean I know its fashionable to give in to the negativity, but is it so unrealistic to think that maybe with a bunch of games to go that we won't see some improvement from guys that are still gonna be here next year? That maybe Adams will couple with Samuel and Purvis in the backcourt and Hamilton/Calhoun at the 3 to create a slashing triple-bombing quintet to go along with a more assertive Facey and Brimah. Are we just gonna discount everything we've witnessed, i.e. the resiliency, work ethic, and determination of our beloved Huskies under KO's short reign just because we are facing a little adversity?

Reaction Score
Yup that sums up the season thus far!!

I just looked at your posting history, know what that sums up? A horrible, entitled "fan". Go find another team to root for, cause you don't root for this one.

Reaction Score
Look a head to next year... What do you see? Who's the leading scorer? Who's #2 or 3 option? What's our identity ? We are looking at a meltdown in the making and UCONN falling into UMASS oblivion.
Lay off meth dude! Dham will be good next year and Adams will be decent. If AB develops we will be alright. We still have a chance with diamond or the Greek guy and Ollie knows we need another ball handler badly. Wait until at least this year is over before making such a ridiculous statement.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
I have no faith that anyone on this team has one ounce of leadership with maybe an exception for TSam's gritty play. Maybe OMar.. Not DH, Purv or Brimah.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
I just looked at your posting history, know what that sums up? A horrible, entitled "fan". Go find another team to root for, cause you don't root for this one.
Suck it dude.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Lay off meth dude! Dham will be good next year and Adams will be decent. If AB develops we will be alright. We still have a chance with diamond or the Greek guy and Ollie knows we need another ball handler badly. Wait until at least this year is over before making such a ridiculous statement.
We will see. Next yeaR will be much the same. Yeah but I'm psyched.

Reaction Score
Honest answers to your questions, I see us being very good with a chance to be great. Leading scorer- Hamilton, #2 or #3 option-Adams, Purvis, What's our identity- defensive team that peaks in March/April and dominant guard play. We are playing like garbage but we've gone through this many times before. Coming off a disastrous year where we lost in the first round of the NIT. the sky was falling and all we had to look forward to was an inconsistent Kemba coming back for his senior year surrounded by a bunch of nobodies, well it worked out ok. You must be a newbie UConn fan if you think everything is always rosy after we win a championship, from my recollection the following year is always a very disappointing year.

Reaction Score
Aside from the OP, I do think scoring is a valid concern for next year.

Reaction Score
There will be more of these fair weather and bandwagon jumping so called fans. They will be coming out now for sure. We know when the going gets tough we have to deal with these folks.

Reaction Score
Some fans demand national championships every year. Every two years is simply not often enough.

Reaction Score
The collective improvement of Hamilton, Brimah, Purvis, Facey, Calhoun, Samuel and Cassell combined with the addition of JA and SE will offset the loss of Boatright. We will be a better team next year.

Reaction Score
Players do get better.
Well there is one player challenging this. I won't say who to be nice.

Secondly I would like to say 'Teams do get better' but even that is getting challenged. Or perhaps opponents are just getting better 'morer', if that's said right. LOL

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
this team will be good next year... everyone will have a year of experience under their belt both playing wise and leadership wise(brimah), not just one player(boat) and everyone will improve, you can already see it this year with some of the players... starting line up of TSam/Adams, Omar, DHam, Facey/Enoch, Brimah... This team will be good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom