You can scout the Florida Gators tonight! | The Boneyard

You can scout the Florida Gators tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
7:30 pm on ESPN2 v. Florida State. They are 5-1 having lost to Wisconsin.

Guys to watch are 6' 6" senior Casey Prather...playing lethal. And sharpshooter Michael Frazier...can't afford to let him go nuts from outside. And Scottie Wilbekin is back.

8 guys average 20+ minutes/ game. Last game 7 guys played more than 16 and I see Kasey Hill didn't play. Not sure why.

Should be fun to watch.

Reaction Score
I'm worried about DD matchup vs. Patric Young. Pat Young is a "Jeff Adrien-type" player but taller.

caw

Reaction Score
I'm worried about DD matchup vs. Patric Young. Pat Young is a "Jeff Adrien-type" player but taller.

Smaller heart though. Kid looks like a stud, but never consistently puts up numbers. People were talking about him jumping after his freshman year, then his sophomore year but he never was able to dominate consistently, even with his size/strength.

Reaction Score

Daniels won't be matching up with Young. Will Yeguete plays power forward for Florida, who will be a tough match-up in his own right. But Florida's big men aren't the type of skilled post players who feast on smaller front lines. They're more energetic, defensive-oriented players - UConn's primary focus should be eliminating the dump down drop-offs from the guards that killed us against Louisville last season.

Reaction Score
Can the board collectively send its insights to the coaching staff to assist them with their game planning for Monday?

7:30 pm on ESPN2 v. Florida State. They are 5-1 having lost to Wisconsin.

Guys to watch are 6' 6" senior Casey Prather...playing lethal. And sharpshooter Michael Frazier...can't afford to let him go nuts from outside. And Scottie Wilbekin is back.

8 guys average 20+ minutes/ game. Last game 7 guys played more than 16 and I see Kasey Hill didn't play. Not sure why.

Should be fun to watch.

Reaction Score
husky91 said:
Can the board collectively send its insights to the coaching staff to assist them with their game planning for Monday?

God your posts are strange.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Florida has not impressed me so far. Florida State looks better to me. UConn can handle them most definitely.

Reaction Score
Haha, thx for the well wishes around the holidays. I enjoy reading your insights and observations.

I think I'm going to scout the 2nd half of Zona-Duke to be ready come tourney time.

He's consistently the most obnoxious poster on the board.

caw

Reaction Score
If Florida plays like this against UConn, the Champion Center may be done quicker than planned.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
The play by play guy is Mike Crispino? He was a local (ct) sportcaster a long time ago. Channel 30 I think

Reaction Score
husky91 said:
Haha, thx for the well wishes around the holidays. I enjoy reading your insights and observations. I think I'm going to scout the 2nd half of Zona-Duke to be ready come tourney time.

Let's hear your list of teams that would beat Indiana by 20 again, then we can watch those teams struggle to beat mid majors.

Why'd you delete it? Embarrassed?

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Florida has a ton of muscle on that front line...rebounding will be another challenge.
That being said,both teams making really, really poor decisions with the basketball and Florida is repeatedly losing players directly under the rim. Of course, we are doomed, DOOMED for sure!

Reaction Score
You truly don't realize how awful our front court is until you watch some other teams. I've seen more tough rebounds in this game by both teams than we have gotten in the first 7 games.

Reaction Score
You truly don't realize how awful our front court is until you watch some other teams. I've seen more tough rebounds in this game by both teams than we have gotten in the first 7 games.

You probably felt the same way when you saw Indiana vs Washington. How did that work out for Indiana?

Reaction Score
Good thing I ignored husky91 ages ago. Also this rebounding narrative is getting hilarious, we've shown the ability to rebound at an acceptable rate. We do a lot of other things at an elite level, like three point shooting and rim protection .

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Florida having major trouble putting this game away. They're athletic and physical, with size, so it'll be interesting to see how they match up with our guards. I feel like Bazz will have a big game. We'll need someone to be a credible body in the paint.

Reaction Score

when the team has been presented with a challenge against a team that either is bigger than them(MD) or matches up with them physically(IU) they've responded. All the talk before both of those games was that UConn was going to be crushed on the boards and it didn't happen in either game. I would love to see them mollywhop Loyola and BU on the boards but why not save the tears for when it actually costs them against a relevant opponent?

Reaction Score
when the team has been presented with a challenge against a team that either is bigger than them(MD) or matches up with them physically(IU) they've responded. All the talk before both of those games was that UConn was going to be crushed on the boards and it didn't happen in either game. I would love to see them mollywhop Loyola and BU on the boards but why not save the tears for when it actually costs them against a relevant opponent?

never heard this before, mollywhop... love it.

caw

Reaction Score
I could have had 5 boards in the game between FSU and UF with all the bricks they were tossing up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom