Yes another Curry thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Yes another Curry thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Steph Curry has improved his game so much since he entered the league
What impresses me most is his movement with the ball and how so easily and at times stealthily creates space and how quickly he puts the shot up.
His passing is pinpoint and with a purpose
Love how they used him as a screen late in the game and at most times he was screening guys weighing 60 lbs more than him and he held his ground.
He is a complete player and should be repeat MVP
Fixed. I don't follow the NBA that closely, but is Seth still in the league?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Curry puts up 51 tonight. Read the headline and it barely registered. He needs to get north of 65 for me to even raise an eyebrow.

He's pretty good.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Curry puts up 51 tonight. Read the headline and it barely registered. He needs to get north of 65 for me to even raise an eyebrow.

He's pretty good.
51 pts is 36 mins is pretty good, guy makes it look easy.

Reaction Score
The best compliment I can give Curry is that he is unstoppable.

If he keeps this up along with 4-5 more rings, he will be in MJ category.

Last edited:

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
And Pete Rose is the greatest hitter of all time:rolleyes:
Reading comprehension. I said nothing about Ray and "best shooter ever". Best career. Ray still has twice as many 3's as Curry and is #1, Curry's ranked #26 or so. Do you disagree with that?

Reaction Score
Ray had the best 3-point shooting career ever. If his health holds up, Curry will easily eclipse Ray. But a lot of things can happen in the next decade plus. What if Bird didn't develop back problems? Dwight Howard is 30 but if you look at his stats it seems like he peaked 5 years ago. You never know.
I'm just trying to understand your logic with the bird argument. Bird shot 37% from 3 for his career, and he actually shot a higher % than that his last couple years, despite back problems. He had 649 makes over 13 seasons. Curry is at over 44% over his first 6.5 seasons, with over 1400 makes already! Bird was a great player but not even in Curry's league overall from 3. What this kid is doing is absolutely mind blowing.

Reaction Score
Reading comprehension. I said nothing about Ray and "best shooter ever". Best career. Ray still has twice as many 3's as Curry and is #1, Curry's ranked #26 or so. Do you disagree with that?

You said quote "Ray had the best 3 point shooting career ever". That to me means you are saying he is the best 3 point shooter ever. That is not true. He was the most prolific 3 point shooter and made hte most 3s but that doesnt designate him as the best 3 point shooting career ever.

Pete Rose had the most hits in the MLB so I dont see how that isnt a good comparison. No one would ever in a million years say "Pete had the best hitting career ever".

There are many better 3 point shooters in NBA history who shot a lot better percentage from 3 than Ray. Ray just made the most 3s; he will always be mentioned among the elite but he dosnt stand at the top alone. Husky fans look at Ray as better than he might be because he donned a UConn uniform.

I prefer to look at stats and not be bias. Curry has shattered the most 3s made in a season for hte past 2 or 3 seasons and he is about to annihilate his previous records this year. There is no doubt in my mind and a majority of experts that Curry will ultimately break Rays record.

Reaction Score
You said quote "Ray had the best 3 point shooting career ever". That to me means you are saying he is the best 3 point shooter ever. That is not true. He was the most prolific 3 point shooter and made hte most 3s but that doesnt designate him as the best 3 point shooting career ever.

Pete Rose had the most hits in the MLB so I dont see how that isnt a good comparison. No one would ever in a million years say "Pete had the best hitting career ever".

There are many better 3 point shooters in NBA history who shot a lot better percentage from 3 than Ray. Ray just made the most 3s; he will always be mentioned among the elite but he dosnt stand at the top alone. Husky fans look at Ray as better than he might be because he donned a UConn uniform.

I prefer to look at stats and not be bias. Curry has shattered the most 3s made in a season for hte past 2 or 3 seasons and he is about to annihilate his previous records this year. There is no doubt in my mind and a majority of experts that Curry will ultimately break Rays record.
I think Pantz would choose a mulligan on this thread right now. We all post our share of dumb, poorly thought out posts, so I'll give him a pass on this thread.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
51 pts is 36 mins is pretty good, guy makes it look easy.

I'm aware of that. That was exactly my point. He's putting up such astronomical numbers, that a huge game doesn't even register with me anymore. When Kemba put up 52, I was like "holyy sh_t!!!!!". Curry does it in 36m, and I'm like, meh.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The best compliment I can give Curry is that he is unstoppable.

If he keeps this up along with 4-5 more rings, he will be in MJ category.

If they lure Durant in the offseason, and with the passing of the Duncan/Parker et al era, that should be doable.

Last edited:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I'm just trying to understand your logic with the bird argument. Bird shot 37% from 3 for his career, and he actually shot a higher % than that his last couple years, despite back problems. He had 649 makes over 13 seasons. Curry is at over 44% over his first 6.5 seasons, with over 1400 makes already! Bird was a great player but not even in Curry's league overall from 3. What this kid is doing is absolutely mind blowing.

I'm not saying Bird's a better 3pt shooter than Curry (he's not), but that was a different league back then. It was so, so much more physical. Curry's numbers would look different, and I'm certain his longevity (whatever it ends up at) would much shorter. Not taking away from Curry, just saying that comparing eras, including things like shooting percentages (harder to get off shots, more beat up, etc), is so damn difficult.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I'd argue the warriors get worse with Durant. I just don't see where Durant fits with that team on defense. Warriors are currently the #3 defensive team according to defensive efficiency. Warriors scoring more doesn't make them that much better in my opinion, they'd only get better if they were to become an even more dominate defensive team.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I'd argue the warriors get worse with Durant. I just don't see where Durant fits with that team on defense. Warriors are currently the #3 defensive team according to defensive efficiency. Warriors scoring more doesn't make them that much better in my opinion, they'd only get better if they were to become an even more dominate defensive team.

While I get what you are saying, that's a tough sell that the Warriors become worse with Durant. Anyway, we couldn't really judge until we see it in action.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
It was so, so much more physical.

The league was more physical but Steph is basically taking pull up 3's from a step or two inside of half court you aren't being guarded that far out...not to mention that they set much better screens since the league was more physical, Curry could potentially get more open looks than Ray allen considering that he's quicker and a much better ball handler.

Reaction Score
If they lure Durant in the offseason, that should be very doable.
Do they even need him though? If they can keep Curry, Thompson and Green together for another 8-10 years and surround them with the right role players they have a solid shot. I love Iguodala, hopefully they can keep him for the next 3 years or so through his age 35 season. Thompson and Green are signed through 2019, Steph through next year. Assuming he stays, it's not unrealistic that they can get 2 or 3 more over the next 4 years.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The league was more physical but Steph is basically taking pull up 3's from a step or two inside of half court you aren't being guarded that far out...not to mention that they set much better screens since the league was more physical, Curry could potentially get more open looks than Ray allen considering that he's quicker and a much better ball handler.

Yeah, but you are discounting the fact that if he went into the paint (where he does a lot of damage), he'd get beat up quick. That makes you more tired, more quickly, during a game and wears you down throughout a season as well. Both things make you miss more shots. To top it off, guys guarding you tighter on the perimeter as well. Perhaps more reluctance to drive, given increased tiredness and body wear and tear, allows guys to play up on you, with less fear of being beat. There's a whole ton of things going on here.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Do they even need him though? If they can keep Curry, Thompson and Green together for another 8-10 years and surround them with the right role players they have a solid shot. I love Iguodala, hopefully they can keep him for the next 3 years or so through his age 35 season. Thompson and Green are signed through 2019, Steph through next year. Assuming he stays, it's not unrealistic that they can get 2 or 3 more over the next 4 years.

Maybe not. I can't answer that. I'm definitely not an expert on the NBA. And I understand they are a very, very good team right now, and there are always chemistry concerns to be taken into account. But it's just a tough sell for me to believe that you add a top 5 NBA player and become a worse team. Especially one who has his head screwed on straight, ego in check, like Durant (as opposed to say a Howard, Cousins, or a young Carmelo).

Reaction Score
While I get what you are saying, that's a tough sell that the Warriors become worse with Durant. Anyway, we couldn't really judge until we see it in action.
Steph is a free agent after next season though as well. He'll obviously get a max contract, so between Green, Thompson and Steph, you're talking about over 50m per year. Unless Steph wants to take a Tom Brady type hometown discount, the chances of them getting another max contract guy are very slim.

Reaction Score
Maybe not. I can't answer that. I'm definitely not an expert on the NBA. And I understand they are a very, very good team right now, and there are always chemistry concerns to be taken into account. But it's just a tough sell for me to believe that you add a top 5 NBA player and become a worse team. Especially one who has his head screwed on straight, ego in check, like Durant (as opposed to say a Howard, Cousins, or a young Carmelo).
I think they would be a worse team with him. They are more than a very good team now, they are historically good. Curry, Klay, Draymond, Barnes and Iggy have basically the best plus minus ever. Chemistry is king in basketball and all these pieces fit perfectly, Durant while a star player will change that chemistry. I guess the worry is that Barnes will be offered some ridiculous max type deal from another team in the offseason that the Warriors won't match. Another reason they might want to make the deal is to just keep Durant from getting in the hands of one of their competitors. The problem with Durant on the Warriors is he's taking shots from Curry and Klay. If the Warriors just keep what they have I think they have a dynasty on their hands.

huskypantz

Reaction Score
You said quote "Ray had the best 3 point shooting career ever". That to me means you are saying he is the best 3 point shooter ever.
Well then that's your problem. A career requires longevity and performance over an extended period of time. Is Curry a better pure shooter? Yes. Is he a better all-around player? Yes. Barring injuries, will he blow away all of the records? Yes. But Ray has twice the threes that Curry has - so has he accomplished more as a three point shooter if you compare the two careers today? I say yes.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

. . . if his career stays on its current trajectory and isn't unexpectedly shortened.

huskypantz

Reaction Score
I think Pantz would choose a mulligan on this thread right now. We all post our share of dumb, poorly thought out posts, so I'll give him a pass on this thread.
Hell no, read my last post and tell me your argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom