Yes another Curry thread | The Boneyard

Yes another Curry thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Has 5 threes in the first quarter with 3:50 left. Maybe he breaks the record today?

Reaction Score
They're not cheap ones either. Should pay postage on some of those.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
7-8 from 3, 25 pts after 1 quarter. Curry currently has the best player efficiency rating ever. In other words, no one has ever played at this high of a level, statistically.

Also averages 5 reb per game. And 4th in the NBA in steals. He good.

Reaction Score
Still baffles me that people on here really think Ray is the better 3 point shooter.

Curry been doing this for over 2 seasons now and he wasn't a slouch in his years prior either

Reaction Score
He plays the way I used to have my created players play on video games. And those dudes would have boosted superhuman skills (and gigantic afros) that allowed them to do ridiculous things. It's insane just how good he has become.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Still baffles me that people on here really think Ray is the better 3 point shooter.

Curry been doing this for over 2 seasons now and he wasn't a slouch in his years prior either
I don't agree with them, but their main point is that there is a different set of rules now, meant, specifically, to make it a run and gun game and open up 3 point shooting, which it has.

Reaction Score
I don't agree with them, but their main point is that there is a different set of rules now, meant, specifically, to make it a run and gun game and open up 3 point shooting, which it has.

But many of his threes are based on unbelievable range and incredible ballhandling and pure basketball skill. I've seen I think 4 or 5 of his threes this half and almost all of them have been him just using a defender.

Reaction Score
But many of his threes are based on unbelievable range and incredible ballhandling and pure basketball skill. I've seen I think 4 or 5 of his threes this half and almost all of them have been him just using a defender.
Dude - no doubt. I agree with you. It's alien. It simply looks impossible, and anybody who has ever shot ball knows it. I was just pointing out that his game, while awesome, is certainly helped out by the current rules. If he could be beat up like they beat up Nash back in the day, he wouldn't be nearly as good.

Reaction Score
Donyell Marshalls record is getting broken tonight. 8/9 on 3s at half with 17 minutes. Shouldnt be a question if Steph is the greatest shooter of all time

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score

Ray had the best 3-point shooting career ever. If his health holds up, Curry will easily eclipse Ray. But a lot of things can happen in the next decade plus. What if Bird didn't develop back problems? Dwight Howard is 30 but if you look at his stats it seems like he peaked 5 years ago. You never know.

Reaction Score
Ray had the best 3-point shooting career ever. If his health holds up, Curry will easily eclipse Ray. But a lot of things can happen in the next decade plus. What if Bird didn't develop back problems? Dwight Howard is 30 but if you look at his stats it seems like he peaked 5 years ago. You never know.

And Pete Rose is the greatest hitter of all time:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Dude - no doubt. I agree with you. It's alien. It simply looks impossible, and anybody who has ever shot ball knows it. I was just pointing out that his game, while awesome, is certainly helped out by the current rules. If he could be beat up like they beat up Nash back in the day, he wouldn't be nearly as good.
Nash's first MVP year coincided with the elimination of the hand check and the allowance of zone defenses, not sure why you're acting as if Nash played under a completely different era.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Seth Curry has improved his game so much since he entered the league
What impresses me most is his movement with the ball and how so easily and at times stealthily creates space and how quickly he puts the shot up.
His passing is pinpoint and with a purpose
Love how they used him as a screen late in the game and at most times he was screening guys weighing 60 lbs more than him and he held his ground.
He is a complete player and should be repeat MVP

Reaction Score
This board is seriously the only place on the planet where you have people saying Curry isn't the best shooter ever, not even Ray Allen's household would go along with this. This board is also one of the only places where people are saying Curry isn't the best player on the planet right now.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
This board is seriously the only place on the planet where you have people saying Curry isn't the best shooter ever, not even Ray Allen's household would go along with this. This board is also one of the only places where people are saying Curry isn't the best player on the planet right now.

Deep down, some folks don't want to relinquish the clout Ray's status as "best 3 point shooter of all time" lent UConn basketball.

Reaction Score
The Warriors have created the ultimate YMCA rec league team where they're better than the some of their parts and all those parts are pretty damn great. I think they all realize it and I don't see egos being a problem in the future. I just hope management doesn't think they will get better by getting Durant, you literally can't get any better than a team that's on pace to have the best record ever.

Reaction Score
Nash's first MVP year coincided with the elimination of the hand check and the allowance of zone defenses, not sure why you're acting as if Nash played under a completely different era.
Nash isn't the best example. But Curry has both helped made the league change and also been a product of its rule changes.

caw

Reaction Score
Nash isn't the best example. But Curry has both helped made the league change and also been a product of its rule changes.

Seems Nash winning MVP after the rule changes actually shows how the rule changes have helped players like Nash and Curry?

I still think Curry is the best I've ever seen but Rays stats would be better then they were in the current league.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

He is better than Bird at shooting. That makes me very sad to have to say....

Reaction Score
The Warriors have created the ultimate YMCA rec league team where they're better than the some of their parts and all those parts are pretty damn great. I think they all realize it and I don't see egos being a problem in the future. I just hope management doesn't think they will get better by getting Durant, you literally can't get any better than a team that's on pace to have the best record ever.

If you can get Durant, you get Durant...so long as you don't have to cut too much.

I don't see it happening, though. It won't be perceived well if Durant goes to Golden State. Maybe he doesn't care, I don't know, but I'm not sure the competitor in him allows it to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom