Yeah, the Big 10 is great | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Yeah, the Big 10 is great

Reaction Score
I'm partially with you with UNC, but there's no objective way to look at Clemson's resume and suggest they shouldn't be in.

You could make the argument with Syracuse, but there they are, in the second round again.
The circus trick of the nose picker (and eater) worked once again. I guess Buddy is also pretty decent too (GRUMBLE).

Reaction Score
I think it’s been so long since a tourney appearance that we turned over a fan base. Ordinarily the elders would try and teach the young padawan learners, but in yard tradition the old ones have zero patience ( speaking for myself), and even if we did, these idiots are seemingly unreachable.
Back in the day, this thread would be 16 pages long and filled with TB12 memes. shrugs

Reaction Score
Or, and here me out here, teams with the best resumes.

If it were as simple as you were saying, Duke would be in and not Clemson or Tech. Literally nobody turns on the TV to watch either of those teams. Yet they were in and Duke was not. Same with Louisville, a much much more well known brand.
My point was that the mid/minor majors get passed by in lieu of the P5 schools because of the associated fan bases. Resumes have to be worthy for the big boys but at the end of the day the "tiebreakers" so to speak get pushed by the $ that the tourney and networks make. It's not so glaring within the system but rather baked in.

Reaction Score

PS: Andy Katz wanted to add to the mojo.
It basically comes down to this:

Bouknight vs Morsell- The guy's all-encompassing mission is going to be to make Bouknight's life miserable. He's been presumably listening to the Bouknight hype all week and he's going to be locked in to shut him down. He's going to get physical with him and try to get in his head, put him on the deck at least a few times, put that mopey, frustrated look on his face. We've seen Bouknight mentally check out of games for long stretches in the past, particularly when things get physical. I hope he recognizes what's coming and is able to adjust and persevere, but we'll see.

Sanogo- If I'm Turgeon, I'm telling my guards to drive the ball down his throat to get UConn's best offensive weapon #2 in foul trouble ASAP. Similarly, will Sanogo be able to adjust?

Cole- Is UConn's best offensive weapon #3 fully recovered physically and mentally from the concussion? Will it throw off his game/shot?

Martin & Polley Unpredictability- If everyone above is taken out of the equation, will either of these two be able to step up? The tail end of the Creighton game (Cole out and Bouknight getting shut down defensively) was the perfect opportunity and neither did / could.

That's a lot of question marks there.

ElmCity40th

F…y’all talkin bout?
Reaction Score
I’m Str8 nervous...as crazy as this season has been with all the long pauses, injuries, and uncertainty. It’s been too slow and would be too fast to end now. Not enough games played this season to wait until November..

Reaction Score
Ohio St loses......Big Ten sucks
UNC loses......ACC sucks
Tennessee loses......SEC sucks

Must be March again.
I think I figured it out. Every conference sucks.

Except maybe the PAC 12? At least for today?

Reaction Score
Ohio St loses......Big Ten sucks
UNC loses......ACC sucks
Tennessee loses......SEC sucks

Must be March again.
I think this proves the point. There is no standout conference this year. So the hype around the B10 was not earned

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
manchester united GIF
Wait before you cast stones young man
The NBE so far looks very shaky
GTown was an embarrassment but not as much as Creighton - they almost lost and should have
Its nearly game time and UConn/Bouk better be ready

Reaction Score
Wait before you cast stones young man
The NBE so far looks very shaky
GTown was an embarrassment but not as much as Creighton - they almost lost and should have
Its nearly game time and UConn/Bouk better be ready
The Big East wasn’t billed as the best conference in America

Reaction Score
We’re getting beat be a s*itty B1G team. What does that say about us?
BTW, I called it.

Reaction Score
We’re getting beat be a s*itty B1G team. What does that say about us?
BTW, I called it.
Not just beat, on pace to lose by nearly 20.

But the Big Ten sucks.

This is why you shut your mouth until we're out.

Reaction Score
Seriously, this team is GARBAGE. You guys forgot what good basketball was. Seriously. This team sucks man.
I feel bad for whatever team take Bouk

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom