Yeah, the Big 10 is great

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
manchester united GIF

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Well in a year when they had no good OOC wins and only played “good” teams like within the conference, I’d argue the results in a non-conference tournament are very telling. Based on the eye test, this conference was not good. Of course the computers and bobble heads at ESPN disagree, but they can be wrong sometimes.

Reaction Score
Well in a year when they had no good OOC wins and only played “good teams like within the conference, I’d argue the results in a non-conference tournament are very telling. Based on the eye test, this conference was not good. Of course the computers and bobble heads at ESPN disagree, but they can be wrong sometimes.
So does one game where a 2 losing to a 15 speak for the whole conference?

Because, again, I'd like to point out that the 2013 Big East would like to have a word with you.

I hate coming across as some Big Ten white knight because I do think they're overrated this year for much of the reason you're pointing out.

I just don't think a wild upset like this one means much. If Oral Roberts and Ohio State played 10 times, this is the one or two Oral Roberts would win. Congrats to them, screw off to Ohio State, and it's not worth drawing a ton of conclusions otherwise.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
So does one game where a 2 losing to a 15 speak for the whole conference?

Because, again, I'd like to point out that the 2013 Big East would like to have a word with you.

I hate coming across as some Big Ten white knight because I do think they're overrated this year for much of the reason you're pointing out.

I just don't think a wild upset like this one means much. If Oral Roberts and Ohio State played 10 times, this is the one or two Oral Roberts would win. Congrats to them, screw off to Ohio State, and it's not worth drawing a ton of conclusions otherwise.
Well when Ohio State is considered a “quality” opponent for other teams in the conference and their resumes, yea it is very important that they are overrated and can’t beat a team from the Summit league.

Reaction Score
Well when Ohio State is considered a “quality” opponent for other teams in the conference and their resumes, yea it is very important that they are overrated and can’t beat a team from the Summit league.
They can't, or didn't today?

You refuse to answer my question. Was the 2013 Big East overrated merely because 2 Georgetown lost to 15 Florida Gulf Coast? Were they not a quality win because of that upset?

This is silly hot take land. And you're jinxing us with your absurdity. Every time you post something as silly as this Maryland gets closer to winning and to the Sweet 16.

Reaction Score
Illinois won.

And I'm not sure what sort of lesson we're supposed to draw from an 11 losing to an 11 in OT other than the committee did a good job seeding.
Nobody was giving UCLA a chance, some nuts had Michigan State in their elite 8 and even final 4. The whole conference was ranked high in the preseason and then with this unique year nobody played out of conference so the media just pretended all the Big 10 teams are juggernauts. They're on all the time out here, some great individual big men but not impressed with any of the guards outside of Ayo. It was a strong conference this year but nowhere near what the media made it out to be.

Reaction Score
Nobody was giving UCLA a chance, some nuts had Michigan State in their elite 8 and even final 4. The whole conference was ranked high in the preseason and then with this unique year nobody played out of conference so the media just pretended all the Big 10 teams are juggernauts. They're on all the time out here, some great individual big men but not impressed with any of the guards outside of Ayo. It was a strong conference this year but nowhere near what the media made it out to be.
Nobody pretended. However it happened their metrics were what they were. And that has nothing to do with subjective rankings.

It's a strong conference. Maybe the best. That doesn't mean it will have a performance like the 1986 Big East, or 2009 Big East even. And a 2-15 matchup is just a fun game and not particularly indicative of anything beyond itself.

EDIT: I also did see people picking UCLA. But they did finish weak while Michigan State finished strong. That said, you can see me on here doubting Michigan State. Was never sold on some of the middling teams in the B1G.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
They can't, or didn't today?

You refuse to answer my question. Was the 2013 Big East overrated merely because 2 Georgetown lost to 15 Florida Gulf Coast? Were they not a quality win because of that upset?

This is silly hot take land. And you're jinxing us with your absurdity. Every time you post something as silly as this Maryland gets closer to winning and to the Sweet 16.
They didn’t today, when it counts. Choked on the big stage like all big 10 teams eventually do, as the past 2 decades have proven.

I have no idea about the 2013 Big East, but they had a full non-conference slate to prove their worth. I honestly have no idea how they did in OOC games TBH. But they didn’t need the ESPN hype machine to anointing them the best conference because they produced the National Champion. Something the Big 10 has proved they are incapable of doing the past 20 years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom