Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
BOL Yarin, chase your dreams young man. Thanks for choosing UConn

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Does the coaching staff encourage some of these guys to transfer or outright tell them theres not enough room for them? Would seem like a real hard spot to be in breaking that news to a kid.

I think they're just honest about PT, and what it takes to earn more

I think kids believe they can win time when they sign, all of them. And when they realize they might not crack the rotation, they decide to move

Reaction Score
Dan is a player's coach.. He's energetic.. Honest.. A straight-shooter.. Passionate about the game.. Invested in his guys improving and meeting their goals/his goals for them.. At the conclusion of the season.. Player meetings are held about next steps.. areas of improvement in off season to focus on.. incoming classes and competition for minutes at their positions, etc. Should portal be an option??

A time for honest -straight communication .. Depending on the player's situation.. They are either easy or challenging discussions. Dan/staff will have those conversations with their guys out of respect for the commitment they've made to his Program.. Its the right thing to do..

We had a break through season this year.. Some guys hit it out of the park and earned the right to move on.. Have a Top 5 recruiting class coming in filled with alphas.. Portal adds to consider. We've come a long way in the Hurley Years.

Reaction Score
I think they're just honest about PT, and what it takes to earn more

I think kids believe they can win time when they sign, all of them. And when they realize they might not crack the rotation, they decide to move
And Im sure guys like Hasson are 1 year deals as others have mentioned. But other than that, Hurley isn’t forcing guys off the team, think a clear example of that has been Richie springs the past few years.

Reaction Score
That's a really solid list. Must have come with a solid recommendation from our coaching staff.

I was thinking about this yesterday. How much involvement does Hurley have when a player opts to transfer?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I was thinking about this yesterday. How much involvement does Hurley have when a player opts to transfer?
I would think as much as the player asks for. Most of the portal activity to date seems to be cordial. I see that list and all I can say is the brand looks strong right now.

Reaction Score
Congrats and best of luck to Yarin! If anybody can find a way to watch some USI games live next year, please do share

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Does the coaching staff encourage some of these guys to transfer or outright tell them theres not enough room for them? Would seem like a real hard spot to be in breaking that news to a kid.

First, kids know where they are in the pecking order. They practice or scrimmage all the time and like any other sports team, players know where they fit. It’s not hard for a guy like Springs to look at where he is in relation to getting playing time and knowing that he can either commit to being a practice guy or transfer. Most will transfer now.

Second, in this instance, I think this was understood to be a one year deal for both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom