Yankee Stadium/Army Bus Trip & Tailgate | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Yankee Stadium/Army Bus Trip & Tailgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hey Ryan,

Hope all is well.

I bought a parking pass.

How do I find out where the parking lot is located?

How do I prove I already paid for a a parking pass?

BTW, how do I find the tailgate site?

Reaction Score
www.cfbtravel.com has the directions to the lot- it's actually located under the highway. Here's a google street view of the lot from the exit 5 offramp (if you take this exit, you've gone too far). The entrance just about right below where this picture is taken(https://www.google.com/maps/@40.826...m4!1e1!3m2!1sarvBEfmBcZ8H979-xLci1A!2e0?hl=en) Everything is together, meaning we're parking where the tailgate is- the parking passes will be mailed late next week. It'll be very well marked for those coming down the Deegan but be aware, as I say on the website, there's only one way in so you need to pay attention.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
So what you are saying is that the YC is useless if you want any chance to maximize the value for the Phalen tailgate.

Reaction Score
So what you are saying is that the YC is useless if you want any chance to maximize the value for the Phalen tailgate.

I might just get drunk on the train and wander around... maybe bring some grillable food and just ask if I can use someone's grill. I don't think it's that insane. Plus I live in New Haven so really there's no way I'm driving.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I might just get drunk on the train and wander around... maybe bring some grillable food and just ask if I can use someone's grill. I don't think it's that insane. Plus I live in New Haven so really there's no way I'm driving.
I agree. I'm not driving either, but I'm also not taking any of the Yankee Clipper trains, as I've already purchased my entrance to Ryan's tailgate.

We'll take an earlier train and get off at 125th Street and make our way back north. I thought the arrival times were important to note considering when the Caterers are scheduled to shut down food service.

Reaction Score
Purchased my ticket - will have my crew buy theirs as soon as possible. Is it in any danger of selling out before Monday? A buddy of mine in the Army is waiting to get paid but Ill buy his if there's not many spots left.

We will be taking the train in from Milford - not sure on times yet.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Purchased my ticket - will have my crew buy theirs as soon as possible. Is it in any danger of selling out before Monday? A buddy of mine in the Army is waiting to get paid but Ill buy his if there's not many spots left.

We will be taking the train in from Milford - not sure on times yet.
Ryan said last week that he has to get numbers to the caterer about a week in advance, but there may be limited walk up tickets sold at a premium. I wouldn't bank on the availability of the same day entry, personally.
Yes will still sell tailgates but I need a hard count to the caterer a week in advance- once I send that to him, anyone else joining will incur a higher cost.

Reaction Score
Ryan said last week that he has to get numbers to the caterer about a week in advance, but there may be limited walk up tickets sold at a premium. I wouldn't bank on the availability of the same day entry, personally.

Thanks - We plan to have tickets purchased before going to the tailgate - I was just curious if it was in danger of selling out this weekend.

Reaction Score
Parking passes are currently sold out- I'm inclined to just leave everything as-is for now and not sell any more. Worst case people driving down can park in the Harlem River North lot (same directions if you look on the website- that lot is on the right directly across from the entrance to our lot). Maximizes room for the tailgate.

I will be selling tailgates until Sunday night at the current price- please get the word out on Saturday at the game. We're up over 360 people right now (not including the group of 150+ that rented space in the lot for their own tailgate). Prices will increase late Sunday night and continue to increase as the week goes on. A very limited amount of tailgates will be sold once I give a final headcount to the caterer; once those are sold out, no one else will be allowed to join.

Reaction Score
Last day at current prices. Prices go up late tonight after I give the caterer a soft count and then again on Wednesday night once I give the caterer a final headcount. Over 400 people have already signed up for the tailgate.

Reaction Score
I just picked up 10 for the tailgate. Quick question on the byob. I think New York has an open container law correct? Pretty sure all you need is a solo cup and they won't harass but not sure if it's different sense we will be a private lot. Any info?

Reaction Score
Can't tell you on that one for sure, hadn't heard anything- I'd bring cups just to be safe

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I just picked up 10 for the tailgate. Quick question on the byob. I think New York has an open container law correct? Pretty sure all you need is a solo cup and they won't harass but not sure if it's different sense we will be a private lot. Any info?

Bring cups! I was tapped by the Bronx Junior Police Squad for carrying an open container inside the parking garage a few years ago. I had to mail in a fine (or I could have driven down to the Bronx to appear in court and dispute it). In a separate instance, my friend went to the "bowling alley" bar years ago and was sold a CL Smooth bottle from the bar. Because it was packed, they told him to just hang out close to the door. He too was tapped by the Bronx Junior Police Squad and had to pay a summons.

Bottom line: if you're bringing booze, BRING CUPS!

Reaction Score
www.cfbtravel.com has the directions to the lot- it's actually located under the highway. Here's a google street view of the lot from the exit 5 offramp (if you take this exit, you've gone too far). The entrance just about right below where this picture is taken(https://www.google.com/maps/@40.826...m4!1e1!3m2!1sarvBEfmBcZ8H979-xLci1A!2e0?hl=en) Everything is together, meaning we're parking where the tailgate is- the parking passes will be mailed late next week. It'll be very well marked for those coming down the Deegan but be aware, as I say on the website, there's only one way in so you need to pay attention.

Ryan, in speaking with the parking lot manager (I believe those lots are run by Quik Park), did they say that tailgating is OK in those Harlem River lots, like gas grill tailgating? I know its been OK in the past, but I am sure you have more recent intel.

Also, with regard to the cup question, just bring your standard red Solo cup, and no worries, but you cannot walk around with open beer cans or bottles at the tailgate.

Also, just as an FYI for people who are not familiar with the area, there is a supermarket on Gerard Avenue in case anyone forgets something for their tailgate, it is right next to the McDonalds across the street from the stadium.

Reaction Score
Wall Street- talking with the parking lot manager they don't officially allow any live cooking. You may be able to depending on the personnel in the lot and how much they care, but officially there is no tailgating in and of the QuikPark lots.

And bring your standard BLUE solo cup :)

Reaction Score
Recently spoke with HFD, and he wanted me to relay this message to all of you. We'd love your help if any of you are willing:

Hi everyone, the #HuskyUp movement has been in touch with Ryan and we are looking for a brave soul or a few to help us out. Ryan has approved this but we know he's going to be very busy that day so hopefully we can grab someone else or a few to step up and help.

What we are looking for are some cell phone(smart phone/iPhone) videos of the tailgate scene. We would like to get some footage for next years highlight video. We also would like to pull off a clip of the whole crowd doing a "HuskyUp" chant on video if possible.

Ryan is aware of this and wants to do it. If we can get a couple Yarders to take some footage instead of adding another thing to do on Ryan's list that would be great. Let us know please as we plan this weekend out. Thanks. Go huskies.

Reaction Score
Recently spoke with HFD, and he wanted me to relay this message to all of you. We'd love your help if any of you are willing:

Hi everyone, the #HuskyUp movement has been in touch with Ryan and we are looking for a brave soul or a few to help us out. Ryan has approved this but we know he's going to be very busy that day so hopefully we can grab someone else or a few to step up and help.

What we are looking for are some cell phone(smart phone/iPhone) videos of the tailgate scene. We would like to get some footage for next years highlight video. We also would like to pull off a clip of the whole crowd doing a "HuskyUp" chant on video if possible.

Ryan is aware of this and wants to do it. If we can get a couple Yarders to take some footage instead of adding another thing to do on Ryan's list that would be great. Let us know please as we plan this weekend out. Thanks. Go huskies.

We 'll certainly help in the chanting dept! I'll see if my buddy can bring his camera to capture the scene - anyone know the policy on camera's inside the stadium? If they are not allowed then he will not want to bring it with no where to keep it safe (we don't have a parking pass therefore no car to store it)

Husky25

Reaction Score

I don't plan on taking my video camera, but I'll keep this in mind with whatever videos I take with my phone.

Reaction Score
Group-
I've had an eventful past 24 hours. The bus company that was originally taking us on our trip (Premier) cancelled on me at 4:15pm yesterday. After a ton of scrambling, I was able to secure four buses (one Kelley bus and three Peter Pans) to get us to the game on Saturday.

This also creates an opportunity for people to join us- with the addition of the 4th bus, I have extra room if anyone needs seats- they are for sale on the website on a by-bus basis so once they sell out, they're gone. As of now, I have two seats on Bus 1, 13 on Bus 2, 19 on Bus 3, and three on Bus 4; anyone that would pick it up in Manchester can transfer to Bus 2 or 3 since they all stop at West Farms. Specific itineraries are on the website (www.cfbtravel.com).

I'm planning on sending out emails to the full tailgate group later tonight so please use this opportunity to get any questions out in the open so that I can answer everything in tonight's last and final email! Thanks for your support. Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday.

494 people have signed up so far...

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I can't even begin to imagine being in your situation when Premier cancelled on you (how?!), but kudos to you for lining up alternates so quickly!

Reaction Score
Group-
I've had an eventful past 24 hours. The bus company that was originally taking us on our trip (Premier) cancelled on me at 4:15pm yesterday. After a ton of scrambling, I was able to secure four buses (one Kelley bus and three Peter Pans) to get us to the game on Saturday.

This also creates an opportunity for people to join us- with the addition of the 4th bus, I have extra room if anyone needs seats- they are for sale on the website on a by-bus basis so once they sell out, they're gone. As of now, I have two seats on Bus 1, 13 on Bus 2, 19 on Bus 3, and three on Bus 4; anyone that would pick it up in Manchester can transfer to Bus 2 or 3 since they all stop at West Farms. Specific itineraries are on the website (www.cfbtravel.com).

I'm planning on sending out emails to the full tailgate group later tonight so please use this opportunity to get any questions out in the open so that I can answer everything in tonight's last and final email! Thanks for your support. Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday.

494 people have signed up so far...

wow, great work what a headache! If there are any extra parking passes or someone has to cancel please let me know! My crew is in need of one!

Again, thanks Ryan!

Reaction Score
Also, today at 5pm is the deadline for buying guaranteed tailgates. After that, only the number of tailgates the caterer tells me he's bringing as extra (be it 10, 15, whatever) will be sold at higher prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom