Yankee Stadium/Army Bus Trip & Tailgate | The Boneyard

Yankee Stadium/Army Bus Trip & Tailgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Everyone-
I’ve put together a bus for the UConn/Army game at Yankee Stadium on November 8th for $50/person.

UPDATED FOR THIRD BUS ADDED
Right now we have three buses (with 115 people confirmed):
Two buses will leave from Manchester at 8:30am, with one stoping at West Farms at approximately 9:00am. The other bus will leave from Manchester at 8:30am and stop in the Cromwell/Meriden area on 91 (Exit 21 or Exit 18), Milford (TBD), and a final stop in Norwalk on 95 (Exit 16). The third bus will leave from Torrington, stopping at West Farms then in Waterbury/Southington. As with all the bus trips I’ve done before, we’ll stop wherever we need to for a large enough group.

UPDATED FOR NEW TAILGATE INFORMATION
There will also be a tailgate that anyone can join- we’ve decided to outsource this one since RedSoloCup and I do enough of these big tailgates on our own and we want to enjoy this one without worrying about hauling the gear, buying food, etc. I’m working with a group that has done Yankee game tailgates before that FfldCntyFan referred me to- it will be $25/person for a menu that will include the basics (burgers, dogs), some additional mains (BBQ chicken, pulled pork), beer (Bud Light), side dishes (mac or potato salad and a garden salad) and desserts. The group I'm working with is developing a blog posting and setting up the payment system on their website so more info on that will come at a later date- you will pay the group directly since I don’t want to deal with the logistics. If you take the bus, you’ll get a $5/person discount on the tailgate. We are trying to get the private parking lot we had originally secured to allow tailgating there (making it an all-UConn lot), but have a back-up option secured in case that doesn't work out. Both lots are very close to the metro north stop and a short walk to the Stadium. We’ll keep you updated. Given how close the game is, we’re expecting over 400 people at this tailgate.

As of now, there are no group rates available through the Yankee ticket office- your best bet is buying directly through the school.

Email me at ryan.p.phalen@gmail.com if you are interested in joining the bus. Tailgate info will come later on this same thread so no need to email me if you want to join the tailgate- just keep checking back here.

Last edited:

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Lol after turning burgers in Michigan and Maryland, glad to take this one off!!!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Any interest in the tailgate? Hearing crickets so far people...
Been busy with a move the last few days but let me check in with my Yankee Stadium crew.

Reaction Score
I'm interested in the tailgate. Will probably take the train in though. I'll have a couple in my group.

Reaction Score
I too am interested in the tailgate and probably will take the train. No offense to buses, I just find train rides a lot more enjoyable.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Certainly interested in the tailgate. I don't know if we will car it, train it, or try to hook up a bus ride (7 in my party, 1 is already in an outer borough), but if we know where the Phalen crew is (and we make the drive), we can obviously try and get to the same lot. At the very least We'll at least know one lot open to tailgating.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'll be taking the train in to the game (it makes too much sense from where I live) but I absolutely want to be a part of the tailgate (thanks again for taking the lead on this Ryan!). At the moment my crew can be anywhere from eight to twenty (hoping for the latter). When I know more I will firm up the commitment.

I personally believe that between the Boneyard & the (Rentschler) tailgate that Ryan is in charge of we can get ~500 participants at this tailgate. Lets make it happen!

Reaction Score
Rich1122 and I would probably have 6-8 for just the tailgate.

Reaction Score
Reserved 3 seats on the bus and purchased 3 tickets in section 206 3rd row through Ticketmaster. Also doing the tailgate. Thank you to everyone organizing this.

Reaction Score
ScottBonz said:
Rich1122 and I would probably have 6-8 for just the tailgate.

I'm not even going to say it.

Reaction Score
Tailgate menu is good to go:
Mains-
Dogs/burgers with cheese and rolls
Grilled BBQ Chicken
BBQ Pulled Pork

Sides-
Sauerkraut, cooked onions, relish, pickles, and olive tray
BBQ Sauces
Potato salad
Tossed garden salad
Cookies and brownies

Drinks-
Bud light
Sodas/waters

Still finalizing location but have located back-up if primary (private lot) option won't allow tailgate.

Reaction Score
If I have 6-8, is that enough for a pick-up in Milford? Would be great but, if not, we'll take the train and find the 'gate.

Reaction Score
I'm interested in the tailgate. Will probably take the train in though. I'll have a couple in my group.

Do you know if there will be direct service to Yankee Stadium from CT like there is for most Yankees home games? If not, it's no big deal to transfer at Harlem since the Hudson Line serves Yankee Stadium as a local stop every day, but I'm just wondering if you've heard anything.

Reaction Score
Do you know if there will be direct service to Yankee Stadium from CT like there is for most Yankees home games? If not, it's no big deal to transfer at Harlem since the Hudson Line serves Yankee Stadium as a local stop every day, but I'm just wondering if you've heard anything.

No idea. Outside of buying tix I haven't even begun to prepare. Worst case I transfer to the subway at 125th like I used to for Yankee games.

Reaction Score
No idea. Outside of buying tix I haven't even begun to prepare. Worst case I transfer to the subway at 125th like I used to for Yankee games.

You can actually transfer to another Metro-North train now too without having to pay additional fare. It's also probably quicker since it doesn't make a ton of stops. The Hudson Line serves the Yankee Stadium stop as a local stop every day, so if you transfer to a Hudson Line local at Harlem, you can get there faster than the subway.

Reaction Score
You can actually transfer to another Metro-North train now too without having to pay additional fare. It's also probably quicker since it doesn't make a ton of stops. The Hudson Line serves the Yankee Stadium stop as a local stop every day, so if you transfer to a Hudson Line local at Harlem, you can get there faster than the subway.

Never tried that. Good to know.

Reaction Score
Everyone-
I’ve put together a bus for the UConn/Army game at Yankee Stadium on November 8th for $50/person.

Right now we have two buses (with 90 people confirmed):
One bus will leave from Manchester at 8:30am and stop at West Farms at approximately 9:00am- I’m close to adding a Southington or Waterbury stop. The other bus will leave from Manchester at 8:30am and stop in the Cromwell/Meriden area on 91 (Exit 21 or Exit 18) and a final stop in Norwalk on 95 (Exit 16) with a possible stop in North Haven area on 91 (likely exit 10 at Route 40) if there’s enough interest. As with all the bus trips I’ve done before, we’ll stop wherever we need to for a large enough group.

After we get 114 people paid on the buses, there will be a waiting list until we get to a level where it makes sense to add a third bus. I will let you know when I respond to your email if you are confirmed or if you are on the waiting list so the sooner you can fully confirm (aka cut me a check), the better for everyone.

There will also be a tailgate that anyone can join- I’ve decided to outsource this one since RedSoloCup and I do enough of these big tailgates on our own and we want to enjoy this one without worrying about hauling the gear, buying food, etc. I’m working with a group that has done Yankee game tailgates before that FfldCntyFan referred me to- right now it looks like it will be $25/person for a menu that will include the basics (burgers, dogs), some additional mains (BBQ chicken, pulled pork), beer (Bud Light) and side dishes (TBD but likely mac/potato salads and others). More info on that will come at a later date- I’ll have you pay the group directly since I don’t want to deal with the logistics. If you take the bus, you’ll get a $5/person discount on the tailgate. We had a parking lot scouted out near the metro north stop but I was told that they recently started prohibiting tailgating there so we’re searching for an alternative. We’ll keep you updated. Given how close the game is, we’re expecting over 400 people at this tailgate.

As of now, there are no group rates available through the Yankee ticket office- your best bet is buying directly through the school.

Email me at ryan.p.phalen@gmail.com if you are interested in joining the bus. Tailgate info will come later on this same thread so no need to email me if you want to join the tailgate- just keep checking back here.
When will you be doing a final head count for the tailgate? I am going with 8-10 people from NYC area who may be interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom