Yahoo calls Ollie a liar. | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Yahoo calls Ollie a liar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Durant is only 26. At this point you've clearly just been pants'd.
I know how old Durant is, how have I been pants'd. Your argument is Durant had a historically good season last year, cool story bro. Davis had a historically good season this year, he just turned 22, is that a pants'ing?

Reaction Score
I don't think you realize how good Davis already is and how rapidly he's improving. Spurs win in OT, time for bed.

No, I just don't think you realize that the only guys who have ever put up comparable seasons from the perimeter as 13-14 Durant are essentially Bird, MJ, Lebron, and even those 3 never scored at the rate Durant did in 2014 with his %'s.

And you haven't even touched the fact that Davis has missed ~15-20 games every season. Durant went back to back 81 game seasons in 13-14.

Reaction Score
I know how old Durant is, how have I been pants'd. Your argument is Durant had a historically good season last year, cool story bro. Davis had a historically good season this year, he just turned 22, is that a pants'ing?

I would also be careful projecting with Davis. Big men tend to have their best seasons earlier in their career than perimeter players. Davis should still improve, but I suspect we're closer to what his peak represents than you realize.

Reaction Score
I would also be careful projecting with Davis. Big men tend to have their best seasons earlier in their career than perimeter players. Davis should still improve, but I suspect we're closer to what his peak represents than you realize.
This is just silly, Davis turned 22 last month and is just scratching the surface. There is also two sides of the court and you conveniently haven't brought up the defensive side.

Reaction Score
No, I just don't think you realize that the only guys who have ever put up comparable seasons from the perimeter as 13-14 Durant are essentially Bird, MJ, Lebron, and even those 3 never scored at the rate Durant did in 2014 with his %'s.

And you haven't even touched the fact that Davis has missed ~15-20 games every season. Durant went back to back 81 game seasons in 13-14.
You keep bringing up how Durant's season last year was historical without mentioning how Davis' season was historical this season. You seem to like stats, well Durant had the highest player efficiency rating in the league this year and one of the highest of all time. Only Wilt, Jordan and Lebron have had seasons with a higher PER.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
You keep bringing up how Durant's season last year was historical without mentioning how Davis' season was historical this season. You seem to like stats, well Durant had the highest player efficiency rating in the league this year and one of the highest of all time. Only Wilt, Jordan and Lebron have had seasons with a higher PER.
***Davis

Reaction Score
That's actually a the opposite of the truth - big men tend to develop a little later.

Reactions: caw

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Calhoun is much more than a "caretaker". It's unclear if recruits, like Hamilton and Miller would come back next year if Ollie was out. But Calhoun, a guy who has won 3 championships and spent decades at UConn would probably have the ability to convince guys to stay. If you bring in a new guy right away, it could be a little more chaotic. Calhoun could bridge the gap, and smooth into a predictable transition once they find the right guy longterm.

our comfort zone

I believe that's what would happen should KO leave (an unlikely event)

caw

Reaction Score
That's actually a the opposite of the truth - big men tend to develop a little later.

Yep, though it depends on what exactly you are talking about. Rebounding and blocks can come fairly early for a big man. Scoring usually doesn't come this fast.

Also, it's a bit of a different game now than the past so I wouldn't project too much based on the past.

Further, Davis and Durant are both very unique players and I think you would be hard pressed to find good comparisons for either from the past.

As good as Davis is, there are some things Durant does offensively that Davis never will. Of course the reverse is true of defense.

22 year old Durant vs a 22 year old Davis, I'm taking Durant bc at that time he had no injury issues where Davis has had quite a few.

willie99

Reaction Score
So because it worked for KO means it'll work for any other guy put in that situation?

Also, KO at least had two years of assisting a HOFer. None of the guys whose names are being thrown around have any experience at all.

where was it said it would work out like it did for KO? how does anyone know for sure?

and do you actually think it's such a bad plan? and bad course to take should KO leave?

I happen to think it's our ace on the hole, I'm happy he's still around, and I have no doubt he'd succeed

I'll also suggest JC will find another good coach, but there are only so many guys out there with the potential to be special

Reaction Score
where was it said it would work out like it did for KO? how does anyone know for sure?

and do you actually think it's such a bad plan? and bad course to take should KO leave?

I happen to think it's our ace on the hole, I'm happy he's still around, and I have no doubt he'd succeed

I'll also suggest JC will find another good coach, but there are only so many guys out there with the potential to be special

It is a bad plan. How you could have "no doubts" he'd succeed is beyond me.

willie99

Reaction Score
a lot of love for the Brow, and I concede he's a great player

I've even heard experts compare him favorably to LBJ, evidently forgetting LBJ already carried a lessor team to the championship

a center cannot carry a team in the modern era, he needs others more so than any other position

willie99

Reaction Score

it's called history, tradition, a track record

the fact that's all "beyond you" is "beyond me"

willie99

Reaction Score
What track record are you referring to? Rip has none as a coach.

I'm sorry, I was talking about JC taking over for a year or two or three while looking for another replacement

looks like the wires became crossed somewhere along the line

peace

Reaction Score

See the thing is Bruce, a lot of things seem to be "beyond you". We are similar in the fact that we seem to like our own positions on topics but sometimes you need to let people have fun. Rip or Ray is a "fun thought" not one that needs to be hammered down by you or anyone. I agree it's not going to happen but leave willie be.

Reaction Score
This is the Boneyard at its best.

We already have Ollie shipped off to OKC.

What really astounds me is that people think having JC back for 2 years is a good idea.
Well unfortunately due to the timing Hurley, Marshall and Miller might not want to move and I think most don't feel any of our current assistants are qualified to step up. I know JC is not a long term solution but it at least might give us some time to find the right person to take over. It is going to be tough no matter who we hire but I think JC at this point of the season would be our only option.

Reaction Score
Well unfortunately due to the timing Hurley, Marshall and Miller might not want to move and I think most don't feel any of our current assistants are qualified to step up. I know JC is not a long term solution but it at least might give us some time to find the right person to take over. It is going to be tough no matter who we hire but I think JC at this point of the season would be our only option.

Having an interim 2 year coach should do wonders for recruiting.

Reaction Score
"Trust me, we're gonna get the right guy, but we don't know who he is or when we're gonna get him, but you're gonna love him. Come play for that guy please."

Reaction Score
Hey I didn't say it would be the optimal choice but it might be our only option in almost May. Hopefully we can get over this hurdle and not have to worry about this going forward.

Also, you don't think the constant threat of KO always leaving is not affecting our recruiting?

Reaction Score
Hey I didn't say it would be the optimal choice but it might be our only option in almost May. Hopefully we can get over this hurdle and not have to worry about this going forward.

Also, you don't think the constant threat of KO always leaving is not affecting our recruiting?

First, I'm not sure what you think is so detrimental about the timing?

Second, there is no threat of KO leaving. This is one sleazebag (2 if you count Zags) trying to generate clicks. When OKC hires their coach and his name is not Kevin Ollie, there will be no repercussions again Wojnarowski because he's not making any definitive statements.

Kevin Ollie is not leaving. This story is coming from unnamed "sources" and is complete fiction.

Reaction Score
First, I'm not sure what you think is so detrimental about the timing?

Second, there is no threat of KO leaving. This is one sleazebag (2 if you count Zags) trying to generate clicks. When OKC hires their coach and his name is not Kevin Ollie, there will be no repercussions again Wojnarowski because he's not making any definitive statements.

Kevin Ollie is not leaving. This story is coming from unnamed "sources" and is complete fiction.
Well until KO stays and OKC hires another coach I'm like most on the BY worried about the chance he could be leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom