Ya think Jana getting into this tourney winning? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ya think Jana getting into this tourney winning?

Reaction Score
I noticed that it didn't take long after she got here for Jana to be cheering on her teammates with intensity. I think it says a lot about the kids Geno recruits and how welcoming they are. Each of them seem happier when their teammates do well than they are for themselves. Love this team.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
B2A28BBF-723B-4858-9064-86D12D06FE7F.jpeg

Reaction Score
I wish that we could turn that outstanding enthusiasm into outstanding playing in the future for these players. In the meantime, this enthusiasm provides support and encouragement for those that go out and compete in this tournament. Maybe Jana will become the new Dorka or the new Aubrey?

Reaction Score
I'll be surprised if we don't play more four out than two bigs next year... Gonna be a crowded back court.
For sure, if everyone stays healthy (please God) we will see a lot of 3 guard offense next year (Deacon, that will include Nika). The bigs, who knows? It will be AE and.... (Something to talk about over the summer.)

Yo Deacon, I've done a fair amount of poking at you. Hope you don't take offense. You are entitled to your opinions, no matter how misguided :) (the smiley makes it alright)

Reaction Score
Ayanna is watching, committing and getting stronger and stronger and stronger. I think that she has three great years coming. She has watched Aubrey perform and has experienced Maddy Segreist of Nova in her first year. She has a taste of the BET and the NCAA's. I predict that her quiet domination is coming
Her ticket to more playing is whether she can better develop her offensive game. I think she can and will, and she can learn a lot from Aaliyah

Reaction Score
Jana 1.0, and what she becomes will only be limited by her own talent. I think Geno prizes playing within your abilities, which is why he keeps trying to expand them in practices.
uconnfan68 - it is so true--we are limited by our own talent. The dilemma is (on paper) Jana is considered MULTI-talented. Which of those talents will be recognized by Geno and which ones will be focused on FIRST. As uconn fan stated, Geno tries to expand everyone's abilities
in practice. Does Jana get on the floor first as a Big, as a point forward (Stewie style), or some UConn combination that Geno and Coach Dailey dreamed up during these last-- almost 40 years. I am having fun just thinking about it. IMHO, on paper, Jana will jump to the front of the line to get playing time. Starter-that's pushing it. First sub -- could be! If Jana has a nice inside fake and fade away left hook like Dorka has and she can rebound a bit or she can do her own "Stewie thing" . If she can produce like Caroline did as a freshman then she will get time. But remember what some smart man said about POTENTIAL--"It means you HAVE NOT done anything yet." I think she can walk the walk!! We shall see.

Reaction Score
Everything all of you said about Jana, getting into the swing of things, learning as shes watching, getting the UCONN spirit and absorbing how important she will be and focused she will need to be next year...all that goes for Ice as well. Ice is getting the same infusion into the UCONN mystique.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom