Ya think Jana getting into this tourney winning? | The Boneyard

Ya think Jana getting into this tourney winning?

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I'm so happy for Jana that she gets to be part of this, even though she's not playing. What an incredible experience for her.
From a technical side, although she's not playing in games, the experience that she's getting in the tournament will be incredibly valuable for next season. She's practicing, going thru the game day prep, warmups, etc. She is watching each game from the bench, watching the coaching, absorbing the adjustments. She will now get to travel to Seattle with the team and be able to observe everything that both the individual players and the team are doing to prepare for this next 2 game "mini" tourney. When the team reaches the post season in 2024 (I can't believe I just typed that number!), she will have insight to both the BET and NCAAT. Yes, she hasn't played, but perhaps the emotions of it being her "first" tourney will be lessened by being there this year.

Reaction Score
If you took a globe and stuck a knitting needle in Egypt would it come out in Seattle?

Reaction Score
She is learning that this is a different mind set playing in the Dance. You have to perform if you are Huskie. Your teamates are counting on you. This should show her what a big can do in the UConn offense. She seems to have the skills we will need such as shooting from the outside driving to the hoop. I am sure they are working on her postup moves. Dorka when she spins left and shoots with her left she is unstopable. Until recently she would spin left and shoot with her right and get her shot blocked. Jana seems to have the fire but only time will tell. I am sure she will be part of the summer who is going to start discussion.

Reaction Score
Love the enthusiasm. Just wondering (in a very positive way) --will Geno shape Jana as a Stewie clone, a Dorka replacement, or a unique model of the developing women's game?
Jana 1.0, and what she becomes will only be limited by her own talent. I think Geno prizes playing within your abilities, which is why he keeps trying to expand them in practices.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Actually they are ALL into TEAM!!!!!!
1679409853874.png

Reaction Score
I think it will be so interesting as to who fills Dorka's role. Ice, Aubrey, Jana, Ayanna, or Amari... so many choices. My best guess is Ice but that does potentially bring some height challenges....

I think it's pretty clear that Paige will join Azzi and Nika amongst the guards. How does the size of those three impact who joins Aaliyah on the front line....

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I think it will be so interesting as to who fills Dorka's role. Ice, Aubrey, Jana, Ayanna, or Amari... so many choices. My best guess is Ice but that does potentially bring some height challenges....

I think it's pretty clear that Paige will join Azzi and Nika amongst the guards. How does the size of those three impact who joins Aaliyah on the front line....
I'll be surprised if we don't play more four out than two bigs next year... Gonna be a crowded back court.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score

I'll be surprised if we don't play more four out than two bigs next year... Gonna be a crowded back court.

Reaction Score
Yeah. That opens the door for Caroline and Aubrey and it is why I still think Ice has a chance. She already has a mid range to the arc shot in addition to her downlow game.

Reaction Score
I think PhillyCoach got it right! Geno will mold Jana to be part Stewie clone and part a unique new model player in the women's game. World beware!!! Next year, our front line is going to start down the road of greatness and domination, like has never been seen before. Go....Huskies

Reaction Score
Being other the team and absorbing knowledge and mojo didn’t seem to do Evina any harm

Reaction Score
Ayanna is watching, committing and getting stronger and stronger and stronger. I think that she has three great years coming. She has watched Aubrey perform and has experienced Maddy Segreist of Nova in her first year. She has a taste of the BET and the NCAA's. I predict that her quiet domination is coming

Reaction Score
Yeah. That opens the door for Caroline and Aubrey and it is why I still think Ice has a chance. She already has a mid range to the arc shot in addition to her downlow game.
Excited to see Ice next year. I think she's going to be a significant contributor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom