XRM-that Ollie’s contract situation “was an impact because it’s not a sure thing that he will be bac | Page 2 | The Boneyard

XRM-that Ollie’s contract situation “was an impact because it’s not a sure thing that he will be bac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Uh oh. More facts. Such truthiness is sure to be further upsetting to Squidward. But still, I'm sure we must consider that XRM's doubts--like all the national and local attention on the stupidity of Ollie's contract--likely originated from him reading posts on this board.

And besides, if Ollie was good enough at his job, he should have been able to overcome those doubts.

And if he can't, it's Calhoun's fault.

And if the contract is the issue, it's probably Herbst and the Board of Trustees who required it.

And if they didn't, and it was Manuel's decision, we should be happy with it because it is better to have a strong AD than a correct decision on our head coach.

And if it was the wrong decision, it is Calhoun's fault.

But whatever we do, let's not talk about it.

See, easy.

It kills you that I am smarter than you and the best you can do is some sort of irrational sarcastic ramblings in response. Listen champ, I never said the contract situation isn't impacting recruiting. But, frankly, this one kid's comments don't provide much clarity over HOW MUCH it is impacting recruiting other than having SOME impact. We don't know if we really had a chance with him anyways nor do we know how much it impacted his decision. You wouldn't know truthiness if it bit you in the . Ollie will either have his extension by mid-season and he will have no more excuses about losing recruits or Manuel will announce that a search will be done at the end of the season. If the uncertainty extends beyond mid-season even *I* will be calling Manuel to or get off the pot. So, spanky, take your inane ramblings elsewhere.

And, by the way, if clarity isn't obtained by mid-season, I won't just be bitching and whining about it on a message board. I will be making calls to Herbst and the liason to the board to find out why. Being uniformed and clueless may be fine for you but that isn't the way I roll. Assumptions are for chumps.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It kills you that I am smarter than you
Yep, you nailed it right there.

Although...I do find it curious that one who is so aware that he is clearly smarter than me would have so much anger in responding. Can't you take a little pity on poor lil' simpletons like me who still find silly things like facts relevant to a discussion?

And please, by all means, let us know when it is appropriate to expect Manuel (and/or those who are surreptitiously directing him) to do the job for which he was hired. I don't want to act too quickly.

Reaction Score
It kills you that I am smarter than you and the best you can do is some sort of irrational sarcastic ramblings in response. Listen champ, I never said the contract situation isn't impacting recruiting. But, frankly, this one kid's comments don't provide much clarity over HOW MUCH it is impacting recruiting other than having SOME impact. We don't know if we really had a chance with him anyways nor do we know how much it impacted his decision. You wouldn't know truthiness if it bit you in the . Ollie will either have his extension by mid-season and he will have no more excuses about losing recruits or Manuel will announce that a search will be done at the end of the season. If the uncertainty extends beyond mid-season even *I* will be calling Manuel to or get off the pot. So, spanky, take your inane ramblings elsewhere.

And, by the way, if clarity isn't obtained by mid-season, I won't just be bitching and whining about it on a message board. I will be making calls to Herbst and the liason to the board to find out why. Being uniformed and clueless may be fine for you but that isn't the way I roll. Assumptions are for chumps.

Lock this dude up before he hurts somebody.

Reaction Score
Saying “It’s bound to have a little bit of impact (on recruiting)", and it is something he will eventually overcome is not the same thing as saying "its a minor annoyance".
What do you think it means, then? Oh yeah, it means if someone turns him down it wasn't becasue he didn't do a great job, nor because someone else did a better job or someplace else was more appealing for any of 100 reasons, it was because of Ollie's contract...what a doof!

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Daniels essentially says its a minor annoyance, but you guys want to use it as an excuse. The myth of Ollie as the great recruiter has yet to be proven, so its nice to have a reason to fall back on when the myth proves itself to be untrue. Historically, UConn rarely had a top recruiting class under Calhoun. They often landed less heralded guys and Calhoun coached them up, especially in the front court. Facey and Samuels are classic Calhoun recruits, I think. Ok but not exactly can't miss type players. We'll see what Ollie does with those same kind of players.

Like a wolf or a Giffey perhaps?

Reaction Score
Please pardon the interruption by a long-time lurker, but what this site really needs is an "I Know Everything Forum". The way it would work is that, when someone enters that forum, they are the only one there, of course! No need for other opinions when you already know everything! You could state the Truth as you know it, and then comment on what a remarkably superior intelligence you have, and then praise yourself for such a cogent comment. And then maybe us "great unwashed" could at least exchange our mistaken, ridiculous opinions with each other in a somewhat civil fashion! Sheeesh and some people wonder why some of us usually choose to just lurk.......happy holidays, peace on earth, I'm back to keeping my mouth shut! Maybe in this season of miracles we should be praying for thr reappearance of Makers Muppet to bring us back together?????? :)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Please pardon the interruption by a long-time lurker, but what this site really needs is an "I Know Everything Forum". The way it would work is that, when someone enters that forum, they are the only one there, of course! No need for other opinions when you already know everything! You could state the Truth as you know it, and then comment on what a remarkably superior intelligence you have, and then praise yourself for such a cogent comment. And then maybe us "great unwashed" could at least exchange our mistaken, ridiculous opinions with each other in a somewhat civil fashion! Sheeesh and some people wonder why some of us usually choose to just lurk.......happy holidays, peace on earth, I'm back to keeping my mouth shut! Maybe in this season of miracles we should be praying for thr reappearance of Makers Muppet to bring us back together?????? :)

With this type of post you're only a lurker. Come on! Join the insanity.

I have a hint for you. If you can't take things head on drink or do drugs like the rest of us. That makes most of us palatable to each other even when we're hammering one another. :)

Reaction Score
Lock this dude up before he hurts somebody.
Not everyone hears voices in their heads like you do. Oh wait, obviously I live in your head like I do in clothy's and 8893's. Check thay, you ARE clothy! Shouldn't you be on a umess board worshipping calimari?

Reaction Score
With this type of post you're only a lurker. Come on! Join the insanity.

I have a hint for you. If you can't take things head on drink or do drugs like the rest of us. That makes most of us palatable to each other even when we're hammering one another. :)
Thanks, I chime in once in awhile! Being on the left coast, I'm often "late to the party" and often already see my basic opinion stated. Posting just to say "me too" seems like a waste, so I usually keep my mouth shut and I find I often learn more by listening! But I have been an AVID lurker on the Boneyard for years and years, through lots of incarnations. I still find it an invaluable resource on a wide variety of topics, when you sort through all the hot air and bluster! Oh and BTW, I have to take drugs just to lurk!!!!

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Thanks, I chime in once in awhile! Being on the left coast, I'm often "late to the party" and often already see my basic opinion stated. Posting just to say "me too" seems like a waste, so I usually keep my mouth shut and I find I often learn more by listening! But I have been an AVID lurker on the Boneyard for years and years, through lots of incarnations. I still find it an invaluable resource on a wide variety of topics, when you sort through all the hot air and bluster! Oh and BTW, I have to take drugs just to lurk!!!!
Yep even lurkers need to make their way to Washington State!

Sometimes I read lots of posts and write nothing. Other times I deliberate and then write some in depth post. Sometimes I think about things and write something a little bit controversial which will stimulate ideas or help us understand one another better. And some times I just like to have fun and just shoot from the lip.

If your goal is only to learn, than observing is certainly going to give you the most knowledge. I don't agree with your contention that when ideas are already expressed and you feel you are just repeating someone else, your contribution would be redundant. It isn't. People have different styles. Each poster has preferences of styles they prefer. So if you express an idea that someone else already posted, your style may resonate with someone that the first poster didn't.

Furthermore when you put your thoughts into writing you give yourself the opportunity to know if you really understand things.

And at some point in time the exercise might become fun. For those of us who have posted a long time new blood is always welcome. It fits under the expression the more the merrier.

Reaction Score
Thanks once more Fleud! I will try to speak up more often! But I must admit, with all the vitriol here lately, that "new blood is welcome" is a bit scary!! I will take the opportunity to tell you that I always enjoy your posts here, you tend to be rational and see both sides of issues and that isn't too common around here! Happy holidays!

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Thanks once more Fleud! I will try to speak up more often! But I must admit, with all the vitriol here lately, that "new blood is welcome" is a bit scary!! I will take the opportunity to tell you that I always enjoy your posts here, you tend to be rational and see both sides of issues and that isn't too common around here! Happy holidays!
Thanks. Same to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog