XL & Gampel Sellout tracker... | The Boneyard

XL & Gampel Sellout tracker...

Reaction Score
As of last night....
Screenshot_20231114_112617_Instagram.jpg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I suspect we'll sell out by the book close to every game. Whether season ticket holders in the lower bowl decide to show up and put their ass in a seat is a different question.
We should offer a reduced price sell back option if people can't be there. I'd love to offer the empties to kids. The only issue would be whether the other Season ticket holders would mind having what are likely to be more enthusiastic students and their section.

Reaction Score
We should offer a reduced price sell back option if people can't be there. I'd love to offer the empties to kids. The only issue would be whether the other Season ticket holders would mind having what are likely to be more enthusiastic students and their section.
As someone who is lucky enough to have season tickets down low for both arenas I would be good with it

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Great idea but the school would NEVER let the customer win like that.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Great idea but the school would NEVER let the customer win like that.
Maybe you could be done so everybody wins? Season ticket holders "sells back" their ticket at $.50 on the dollar of whatever the school can make by reselling it.
  • Season ticket holders gets a break on games they can't attend
  • University gets to sell the same set of tickets twice
  • Games look better on TV since the lower bowl is more likely to be filled
  • Students get access to more tickets.
  • The school discourages dumping of season tickets on the aftermarket.
  • Sell back plan makes the Season ticket holders clan more attractive for purchasers who won't make every game.

Reaction Score
There were plenty of empties in the student section last night without any added seats. That being said, that's a good idea. I wonder if there is something like that in place already for returning tickets. The reason I say this is because last year I was able to get 2 seats, 1st row off the floor for OSU right behind the basket the week before the game when there were only a handful of tickets left. Yesterday, there were 1.5 rows around center Court right behind the scorers table for sale on the uconn website for the game. There is no way these aren't season tickets as they were litteraly the first and second row around half court behind the scorers table. Not sure how they became available a day before the game.

Reaction Score
I attend all the games at both venues for many years. One thing I have noticed recently at XL is that there are alot of young kids attending, I think more than I can recall in recent memory. It's great to see a new generation of fans for the program.

Reaction Score
I attend all the games at both venues for many years. One thing I have noticed recently at XL is that there are alot of young kids attending, I think more than I can recall in recent memory. It's great to see a new generation of fans for the program.
I obviously went to Gampel as much as possible as a student but never bothered making what was considered a trek to XL. Now I’ve been to a few Gampel games in the last couple years and have XL season tickets this year. I absolutely see a huge difference in crowds between the two venues, with tons more young families at XL relative to Gampel

Reaction Score
How are Marquette and Creighton not sold out yet?
Because at least on the UConn website you can’t buy them individually yet. You have to buy a package of those two games plus seton hall and SJU which honestly on its own is a great deal but those of us who have season tickets to one or the other venue obviously aren’t gonna get it. Another thing that sucks about UConn splitting home games between two venues.

Reaction Score
Scooped three to St. John’s in 205 for $115 apiece yesterday, when I’ll be back in CT for Christmas. Not great value, but that’s the price of UConn being “UConn” again. I’m excited to just be in the building - my first home game since December 2021 (have been to the Gtown game here in DC each of the last two years and will of course be there again Feb. ‘24).

Reaction Score
Question- When I first moved here (mid 70s) and a little later when going to grad school at UConn ( early 80's) game would be labeled as a sellout, but the opponent hadn't sold their allotment. You could go to the box office on GameDay and buy tickets the opponent didn't sell and had to give back. Is this still a thing? I know what I'm talking about was pre-internet. Being a season ticket holder, I don't know the tricks anymore. Just curious.

Reaction Score
I obviously went to Gampel as much as possible as a student but never bothered making what was considered a trek to XL. Now I’ve been to a few Gampel games in the last couple years and have XL season tickets this year. I absolutely see a huge difference in crowds between the two venues, with tons more young families at XL relative to Gampel
Yea XL is the better venue for kids who can't stay in their seats the entire game. XL has a lot more space to move around or just take a break from your seat. I love Gampel but won't be taking my kids (4 and 1) there until they are older.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom