Wowza - Ayanna! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Wowza - Ayanna!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Ayanna clearly has great hops. But realistically, if you are 6 feet tall you only need a 30 inch vertical to dunk. Not 40, or the fantasy player number of 48 that David Thompson had.

Reaction Score
I really, really hate to compare a woman to a man when it is about athletic ability buuuuuut, darn she reminds of David Thompson with that jumping ability. And Dr. J when I saw him at UMass.
I went to UMASS and saw Dr J too! At games, (so fun!) and in my dorm- he went out with a lady who lived on my floor. Great memories

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I saw Dr J in the Uconn Field house. As a student he was all they say. Uconn had some pretty good Yankee Conf players , Dr J was in another league and I didn't like it at all.
Yes!! I'm NOT the only one that thinks Ayanna reminds me of the good Doctor. :D This is something you just don't see everyday. A female basketball player grabbing the rim WITH BOTH HANDS!!! Hopefully she has already learned how to block shots WITHOUT fly swatting. If she has, she's going to block a lot of shots during her four year stop at UConn on her way to the WNBA. I've only been a UConn fan since 2008. Do any of you "old timers" remember any UConn female player that had the "hops" that Ayanna has? I know Gabby Williams had hops, but not like this. :eek:

Reaction Score
Yes!! I'm NOT the only one that thinks Ayanna reminds me of the good Doctor. :D This is something you just don't see everyday. A female basketball player grabbing the rim WITH BOTH HANDS!!! Hopefully she has already learned how to block shots WITHOUT fly swatting. If she has, she's going to block a lot of shots during her four year stop at UConn on her way to the WNBA. I've only been a UConn fan since 2008. Do any of you "old timers" remember any UConn female player that had the "hops" that Ayanna has? I know Gabby Williams had hops, but not like this. :eek:
Screenshot_20220208-202007_Instagram.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
How many players with fantastic hop never realized their full potential? It's more than just jumping high. What I LOVE about Ayanna though is she's a rebounding force. If all we got is her rebounding and a few bunnies I would be very happy. I do think she's more than that though. She is going to improve a lot under Geno and the team and she's a very likeable kid we all can root for.

I worry about the hype with all these kids. it's really too much.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
How many players with fantastic hop never realized their full potential? It's more than just jumping high. What I LOVE about Ayanna though is she's a rebounding force. If all we got is her rebounding and a few bunnies I would be very happy. I do think she's more than that though. She is going to improve a lot under Geno and the team and she's a very likeable kid we all can root for.

I think she can contribute, at a minimum, along the lines of Kiah Stokes. My guess is that she will be more of an offensive force.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
But would they recognize a reference to My Three Sons, also featuring Fred mcMurray?
I did! I did! I did!

But did anyone recognize my reference to Seven of Nine? [ a few did ]

Reaction Score
Should be fun to watch her come from the weak side when Morrow goes to the hoop. 3 years of good popcorn games

Carnac

Reaction Score

Don't worry. Media hype is here to stay and there's nothing you/we can do about it. These kids grew up on social media and it's hype. They can handle it. As we all know, the media hypes everything from soup to nuts. The super stars today are more resilient than we may think. They'll be fine.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
NCAA (heavily Influenced by Geno UConn Bias) stops OT and institutes New Tie Breaker rules

Slam Dunk and 3pt contests. ;)

Carnac

Reaction Score
For those who previously commented about UConn getting shorter next year, .......Have not seen any of our 6'5"ers getting off the ground this high.
And you won't!! None of them have the athletic ability Ayanna does. :cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom