WOW! WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

WOW! WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
<<I am really looking forward to watching my replay this evening or tomorrow morning. Either this game or Justice League...hmm. >>

Really? Watching a fantasy or something fantastic. What are you thinking? :p
I just bought a copy of the new Star Wars in 4K. Before it's official release date. I am primed.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Happy for Megan Walker! Napheesa was on a mission!

Late in the game Meg slowed a fast break with the tendency so many players have ... gotta dribble before I pass, but a certain redshirt junior bailed her out with nice work at the hoop. Batouly looked very good and Megan said very clearly I belong.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Taped the game, just watched it through the 1 minute mark in the 3rd quarter, then ESPN switched to the Central Michigan vs LSU game. Now I have to watch either ESPN3 repeat or wait until it is posted on the BY. This was the first time in 5 years that ESPN had gone to another game out here in Vegas.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Huh. I did. not. see. that. coming. (Did anyone?)
The selection committee saw this coming. UCONN= best team in the tournament : St. Francis of PA= the worse team in the tournament.

Reaction Score
Taped the game, just watched it through the 1 minute mark in the 3rd quarter, then ESPN switched to the Central Michigan vs LSU game. Now I have to watch either ESPN3 repeat or wait until it is posted on the BY. This was the first time in 5 years that ESPN had gone to another game out here in Vegas.
I know. Historic game, so let's watch something else.

Reaction Score
???? Methinks you misunderstood.
Perhaps.

But you said Geno is probably not happy with this game wherein his team scored 140 points. Was that tongue in cheek?

He certainly could have taken steps to prevent the 140 points from being scored. That would have made him happier, if you are correct.

A softball team I coached once routed a rival team by about twenty runs. When I told a relative, he suggested that we had done a shameful thing as coaches and should have had our batters switch hit. I thought that was asinine. Nevertheless, perhaps Geno could have told his players to shoot with their opposite hands. That would have kept the score from getting so large and then Geno could have been happy, if what you say is correct.

I don't think Geno is unhappy with large margins of victory whenever they occur, given the many things he has said on the subject over the years and the fact that he keeps winning by large margins. Frankly, if he didn't get so much flack, I think he would have pulled no punches whatsoever.

Reaction Score
He was clear in the presser. There is a certain way UConn plays which isn't going to change and that team chose a strategy he had never seen before...Then he went on to say what else was he to do, Z played 15 min, Pheesa 17 min, etc.... Lexi played 10 min! She's the last one off the bench.

Reaction Score
A coach taking notes on this game will probably come up with a Villanova strategy. Nurse and Dangerfield shooting is still off. Z. missed a lot of bunnies; she won't be able to recover and score when the team plays taller and more skilled defensive opponents, e.g. Wilson. Camara missed quite a few point blanks. Gabby's midrange didn't shine or make much of an appearance. Free throw shooting a little questionable; could be an issue in closer games. Other than that, pretty good.

This is why we can't have nice things....Head bang

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Perhaps.

But you said Geno is probably not happy with this game wherein his team scored 140 points. Was that tongue in cheek?

He certainly could have taken steps to prevent the 140 points from being scored. That would have made him happier, if you are correct.

A softball team I coached once routed a rival team by about twenty runs. When I told a relative, he suggested that we had done a shameful thing as coaches and should have had our batters switch hit. I thought that was asinine. Nevertheless, perhaps Geno could have told his players to shoot with their opposite hands. That would have kept the score from getting so large and then Geno could have been happy, if what you say is correct.

I don't think Geno is unhappy with large margins of victory whenever they occur, given the many things he has said on the subject over the years and the fact that he keeps winning by large margins. Frankly, if he didn't get so much flack, I think he would have pulled no punches whatsoever.

I was responding to a poster who suggested Geno hadn’t slowed it down. He obviously didn’t understand that when one team constantly shoots before 10 seconds run off the clock, you can only slow down so much unless you decide to not shoot at all before the clock expires.

When I said Geno isn’t crazy about that type of game, I’m saying he knows that other than getting rid of whatever rust they might have had, the game did pretty much nothing to force them to play D. He understands that the score was abnormal and came out that way because the other coach felt like entertaining the home crowd with a style that is suicidal against UConn with the talent differential. He basically said I’m not going to bother messing with our style to try and oppose because I think it’s not worth it. After the first 5-6 minutes it wasn’t a basketball game and other than doing what they felt like on O, it was a talent show It was Globtrotters vs Washington Generals. I love this team,

The best thing about the game was Megan Walker. I hope GA feels more comfortable about making her part of the equation just to give a few of the starters more rest. Ditto Tamara who seems past her leg issues and could give Collier a bit more rest. Granted the opposition was non existent, but Megan has had a few decent games against good teams. Maybe her confidence is there.

I’m not against routs, but I also think I understand how routs happen. Softball isn’t basketball and the 94 first half points was not UConn’s problem but the other team didn’t bother using outfielders against a team of home run hitters.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
If you don't agree with the score of a game because one team is dominating another team, stop complaining and change the channel. There were 3 other WBB games available, MBB, Wrestling, etc. Hell, you could have changed channels in the 1st quarter and only "wasted" about a half hour of your day. Oh, but wait, then you probably wouldn't have anything to complain about. Head bang :rolleyes:

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
They did. Not coming close to 175-180 points.
Yup. They are often told in blow0uts not to fast break unless it's a breakaway on a steal. I can't help wondering if that's why Molly didn't go all the way on that fast break opportunity she had.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I saw much to like. Camara looks better and better. Megan looked comfortable. Many assists and few turnovers by the reserves.
Right. I don't think Molly traveled!

It was nice seeing Lexi splash that mid-range jumper.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
If you don't agree with the score of a game because one team is dominating another team, stop complaining and change the channel. There were 3 other WBB games available, MBB, Wrestling, etc. Hell, you could have changed channels in the 1st quarter and only "wasted" about a half hour of your day. Oh, but wait, then you probably wouldn't have anything to complain about. Head bang :rolleyes:

I think someone doesn’t understand the difference between observing and complaining.

Reaction Score
Right. I don't think Molly traveled!

It was nice seeing Lexi splash that mid-range jumper.
Yep. It was nice seeing the bench run some of the same plays the starters do from the reverse lay ups to the keep on trucking down the paint for an easy two while every one else is trying to figure out where the ball is. I think the bench takes pride in being together. That Bent, Lexi, Megan, Kyla, 'Touly combo! ICYMI, the team has a new photo up without AEH. I kinda don't like that idea of trying to hide history.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Yep. It was nice seeing the bench run some of the same plays the starters do from the reverse lay ups to the keep on trucking down the paint for an easy two while every one else is trying to figure out where the ball is. I think the bench takes pride in being together. That Bent, Lexi, Megan, Kyla, 'Touly combo! ICYMI, the team has a new photo up without AEH. I kinda don't like that idea of trying to hide history.
Just downloaded it yesterday. I think they did the same thing with Boykin. Can't remember about Sadie.

Seems like that was not common practice in the olden days (redoing the picture; by any team). Maybe it was a money thing.

Reaction Score
Just downloaded it yesterday. I think they did the same thing with Boykin. Can't remember about Sadie.

Seems like that was not common practice in the olden days (redoing the picture; by any team). Maybe it was a money thing.
I didn't think they'd redo the picture this time. It really was something recent, as in the last few weeks, which is what surprised me. In the case of Boykin/Sadie/Samraie, that was in December shortly after the team pic was taken.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I didn't think they'd redo the picture this time. It really was something recent, as in the last few weeks, which is what surprised me. In the case of Boykin/Sadie/Samraie, that was in December shortly after the team pic was taken.
I was reviewing some posts I had made to Facebook from their trip last summer. It was rather strange and bittersweet to see Andra.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom