WOW! WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

WOW! WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
I didn't think they'd redo the picture this time. It really was something recent, as in the last few weeks, which is what surprised me. In the case of Boykin/Sadie/Samraie, that was in December shortly after the team pic was taken.

It is unusual, I don't remember that ever happening before. Maybe she requested it - or maybe she did/said something that made them want to remove it.

Reaction Score
I was responding to a poster who suggested Geno hadn’t slowed it down. He obviously didn’t understand that when one team constantly shoots before 10 seconds run off the clock, you can only slow down so much unless you decide to not shoot at all before the clock expires.

When I said Geno isn’t crazy about that type of game, I’m saying he knows that other than getting rid of whatever rust they might have had, the game did pretty much nothing to force them to play D. He understands that the score was abnormal and came out that way because the other coach felt like entertaining the home crowd with a style that is suicidal against UConn with the talent differential. He basically said I’m not going to bother messing with our style to try and oppose because I think it’s not worth it. After the first 5-6 minutes it wasn’t a basketball game and other than doing what they felt like on O, it was a talent show It was Globtrotters vs Washington Generals. I love this team,

The best thing about the game was Megan Walker. I hope GA feels more comfortable about making her part of the equation just to give a few of the starters more rest. Ditto Tamara who seems past her leg issues and could give Collier a bit more rest. Granted the opposition was non existent, but Megan has had a few decent games against good teams. Maybe her confidence is there.

I’m not against routs, but I also think I understand how routs happen. Softball isn’t basketball and the 94 first half points was not UConn’s problem but the other team didn’t bother using outfielders against a team of home run hitters.
Got you now. Sorry about the misreading. Love your analogy about the outfielders.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
A coach taking notes on this game will probably come up with a Villanova strategy. Nurse and Dangerfield shooting is still off. Z. missed a lot of bunnies; she won't be able to recover and score when the team plays taller and more skilled defensive opponents, e.g. Wilson. Camara missed quite a few point blanks. Gabby's midrange didn't shine or make much of an appearance. Free throw shooting a little questionable; could be an issue in closer games. Other than that, pretty good.

Oh where to begin novice!
Z shot 11 - 16: pretty good percentage. Only 2 players over 6' 6" UConn could meet on are Baylor and MSST.
Camara shot 4 - 8 - that's 50% - good percentage.
Oh, BTW - who's Wilson? If you mean Williams - she shot 6 for 7!
No need for Gabby's midrange today.
FT % - 74%: not great but not bad. BTW - UConn shoots 77% for the season.
St. Francis scored 52 points - UConn averages givinng up 51.9 points per game.
No team out there is like Villanova. Other teams have tried to slow it down and it hasn't worked this season.

Reaction Score
Lol ... like it or not but justifies UCF approach to playing Uconn. Limiting possessions your only chance. To many weapons!!! My gosh if Megan is going to contribute consistently ....
Agree with most of this but Megan has to be able to do this against really strong teams and players on a fairly consistent basis. Haven't seen much evidence of that this year and my hope is that she will be ready next year to do so.
Bronx23

Reaction Score
Late in the game Meg slowed a fast break with the tendency so many players have ... gotta dribble before I pass, but a certain redshirt junior bailed her out with nice work at the hoop. Batouly looked very good and Megan said very clearly I belong.
They were phenomenal!
But as to the subs, let's remember who we played and their level of talent and style of play all contributed mightily to the outcomes!
When either of them do it in the elite eight maybe against SC or in the final four then they belong!
Sorry to always be trying to inject reality for some!
Bronx23

Reaction Score
BTW, anybody else think St Francis' initials were unfortunate? Good thing the students weren't there to see the cheerleaders with "S" "F" "U"signs (just missing the "T")
One of the things I enjoy about the tourney are the competing bands and cheerleaders. They always have a good time.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Negative observing

Have you ever been to a movie or play starring your favorite actor that you basically liked but had some things that you didn’t and a friend wanted to go and asked you what you thought? It’s actually ok to say what you observed I get the feeling none of us turned the game off even though we knew the ending last week.

Last edited:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Yep. It was nice seeing the bench run some of the same plays the starters do from the reverse lay ups to the keep on trucking down the paint for an easy two while every one else is trying to figure out where the ball is. I think the bench takes pride in being together. That Bent, Lexi, Megan, Kyla, 'Touly combo! ICYMI, the team has a new photo up without AEH. I kinda don't like that idea of trying to hide history.
On uconnhuskygames.com for this season, they still list AEH (and I believe they spelled her name wrong...no need to fix it now, I guess).

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
Z shot 11 - 16: pretty good percentage. Only 2 players over 6' 6" UConn could meet on are Baylor and MSST.
No team out there is like Villanova. Other teams have tried to slow it down and it hasn't worked this season.
Hi Huskynut!
Your points are well taken. I'm kind of a worry wart with regard to Team Awesome; I should consider changing my handle to WorryWart with a warthog for an avatar! I root for UConn but I tend to be anxious the entire game -- no matter what the score. My concern with regard to Z is that she has a tendency to miss bunnies & she was doing so against a very weak opponent. Height isn't everything -- we have Gabby as an example -- I was worried that a strong defender, even if shorter, would not be as forgiving as the little flowers of St Francis. An example of a strong defender is A'ja Wilson. It was my impression that Batouly missed a couple of bunnies as well. Because of the score, I was surprised Gabby didn't use the opportunity to hone her midrange shot; she seems to have been discouraged after missing the first one. In fact, after the first quarter, this might have been an opportunity for Z to go wild and get 3 point shooting out of her system -- or finally lock in and make Team Awesome awesomer. Free throws -- I always worry about free throws. When Z misses a couple (she's crazy good as you know) I see clouds gathering and bad omens are on my mind; it's always a tie score in overtime in my head. As to the 52 points -- I was teasing. Some of us expect perfection, you know!

Reaction Score
UCF this year Miss. State last year.

Reaction Score
Hi Huskynut!
Your points are well taken. I'm kind of a worry wart with regard to Team Awesome; I should consider changing my handle to WorryWart with a warthog for an avatar! I root for UConn but I tend to be anxious the entire game -- no matter what the score. My concern with regard to Z is that she has a tendency to miss bunnies & she was doing so against a very weak opponent. Height isn't everything -- we have Gabby as an example -- I was worried that a strong defender, even if shorter, would not be as forgiving as the little flowers of St Francis. An example of a strong defender is A'ja Wilson. It was my impression that Batouly missed a couple of bunnies as well. Because of the score, I was surprised Gabby didn't use the opportunity to hone her midrange shot; she seems to have been discouraged after missing the first one. In fact, after the first quarter, this might have been an opportunity for Z to go wild and get 3 point shooting out of her system -- or finally lock in and make Team Awesome awesomer. Free throws -- I always worry about free throws. When Z misses a couple (she's crazy good as you know) I see clouds gathering and bad omens are on my mind; it's always a tie score in overtime in my head. As to the 52 points -- I was teasing. Some of us expect perfection, you know!
Aja Wilson has not had 1 All American game against Uconn in 4 years!

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Hi Huskynut!

When watching the replay, I noticed Z has a tendency to get a little too close to the rim/ backboard for bunnies. This doesn't allow her a decent angle to shot at. Whne she is a step or two away from the bucket, her accuracy increases. This also allows her to go up with two hands and not just one. Also on the replay, it looked like Z was hit (fouled) on a couple of close ones and it wasn't called but knocked her off just enough to miss. Z has played against Wilson - 4 fouls in 17 minutes. Wilson had 3 fouls in the game. That was 6 weeks ago. Its a different Z on the floor. I'm not worried at all about a UConn/ South Carolina rematch.

Gabby makes decisions based on the flow of the game. The foul line jumper was her only miss. No big deal as I see it.

Its all good if you're a UConn fan. This team is well coached and has improved from Day 1. As Geno says, its the Elite 8 game that's the toughest.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Hi Huskynut!
Shoot, I thought your whole post was tongue-in-cheek.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
When watching the replay, I noticed Z has a tendency to get a little too close to the rim/ backboard for bunnies. This doesn't allow her a decent angle to shot at. Whne she is a step or two away from the bucket, her accuracy increases. This also allows her to go up with two hands and not just one. Also on the replay, it looked like Z was hit (fouled) on a couple of close ones and it wasn't called but knocked her off just enough to miss. Z has played against Wilson - 4 fouls in 17 minutes. Wilson had 3 fouls in the game. That was 6 weeks ago. Its a different Z on the floor. I'm not worried at all about a UConn/ South Carolina rematch.

Gabby makes decisions based on the flow of the game. The foul line jumper was her only miss. No big deal as I see it.

Its all good if you're a UConn fan. This team is well coached and has improved from Day 1. As Geno says, its the Elite 8 game that's the toughest.
I thought the same thing. She's really good at bouncing right back up with a follow. I noticed she used her left hand on one bunny yesterday. I sure would have expected that a lot more all season. In fairness, Stewie didn't always use her left hand when she might have.

Reaction Score
We lost to UCF this year? I missed that one, I guess, cause we are 33-0, aren't we?
If you dont know what I meant by naming UCF! I never said anything about wins or losses did I! It was about tempo!

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
If you dont know what I meant by naming UCF! I never said anything about wins or losses did I! It was about tempo!
Thus my point, how did the tempo work out for UCF? I believe that they lost.
"A team only needs to win by 1 point." per Captain Obvious.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom