Word is Les Miles | The Boneyard

Word is Les Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Word at the car wash this am is Edsall and Miles are the two names.. Edsall is not as unlikely as most think but word out there is this program wants to make a splash hire! We can only hope!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Was this from the Wake Forest guy?

If yes, what kind of moonshine was he drinking?

Reaction Score
Miles would be a splash.

Remember he was fired for being an unconventional game coach who failed to develop QB's and had an offense that couldn't score points.
Your second paragraph makes him more like a belly flop. I think he is a great coach, but not a good fit here. If you struggle to score points with 5 star recruits, this may not be the place for you.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Your second paragraph makes him more like a belly flop. I think he is a great coach, but not a good fit here. If you struggle to score points with 5 star recruits, this may not be the place for you.

That was kinda my point. He was also fired because he wouldn't fire his OC who was a long time friend. Sound familiar?

Great dude. All the reports say he wants to get back in to coaching. He'd be great as a TV guy doing pregame stuff. I don't think he wants to do studio or in game analysis.

Reaction Score
That was kinda my point. He was also fired because he wouldn't fire his OC who was a long time friend. Sound familiar?

Great dude. All the reports say he wants to get back in to coaching. He'd be great as a TV guy doing pregame stuff. I don't think he wants to do studio or in game analysis.
He can aim for FIU when that job opens up!

Reaction Score
Miles would not take a UConn offer. It doesn't put him on the track that he will want his next job to put him on. And he's won big time and will get a chance to take a P-5 job shortly.

Edsall would take a UConn offer in a heartbeat. If anyone was left in the administration from when he bailed on us the first time, I would say not a snowball's chance in Hades. With the administration turnover maybe the odds are greater than 0%, but I doubt that boosters gave Benedict checks to hire Edsall. I'd be very surprised.

And it's time to drop the car wash crap.

Reaction Score
Here we go with the (insert big time P5 coach name here) isn't a good fit here again. :rolleyes: It's like some of you actually think we have some sort of football history and guys like Miles, Kiffin etc aren't good enough. News flash: none of these candidates would even sniff a phone call from Benedict. We are nobodies.

Reaction Score
Here we go with the (insert big time P5 coach name here) isn't a good fit here again. :rolleyes: It's like some of you actually think we have some sort of football history and guys like Miles, Kiffin etc aren't good enough. News flash: none of these candidates would even sniff a phone call from Benedict. We are nobodies.

What is the point of this post? Just being difficult for the sake of being difficult? Constructing fake arguments of others so you can disagree?

No one thinks Miles would come here besides maybe the carwash guy. I also don't think he would be a good fit considering he couldn't run an offense with 5* guys but its not like he would have any interest so the point is moot.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
No one thinks Miles would come here besides maybe the carwash guy. I also don't think he would be a good fit considering he couldn't run an offense with 5* guys but its not like he would have any interest so the point is moot.
He was also playing against defenses filled with 5* guys.......In our conference, if a coach can attract 4*s (and Miles might even attract a 5*), his team can go from last to first pretty quickly. It's a lot easier than competing in the SEC where entire rosters are 4 and 5*s. A few level recruits can make a major impact and at least get us back into bowl games.

Reaction Score
He was also playing against defenses filled with 5* guys..In our conference, if a coach can attract 4*s (and Miles might even attract a 5*), his team can go from last to first pretty quickly. It's a lot easier than competing in the SEC where entire rosters are 4 and 5*s. A few level recruits can make a major impact and at least get us back into bowl games.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hey @Athlete94 I loved tales from the car wash, but... shaadup already. :mad:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Take Miles if he wants the job. This isn't about getting him a P5 offer.

I doubt Randy can recreate the "magic", Randy Vol. 1 had a BCS bid to sell. He doesn't now as a BCS bid costs 11/12 wins. Something he's never done. I'don't be reluctant to go there.

Morehead won't take it. PSU has a shot at the playoff next season and he can likely write his P5 ticket either way.

I'm not risking my job on a one year Fordham coach if I'm DB.

Orlando is the most likely get with ties to the program. At UT he is first to go if Herman doesn't turn it around year one. At that point his chances at a HC jib are slim. He would take it if offered.

I still think we should look at NFL assistants. NFL helps differentiate in our recruiting pool.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I doubt Randy can recreate the "magic", Randy Vol. 1 had a BCS bid to sell. He doesn't now as a BCS bid costs 11/12 wins. Something he's never done. I'don't be reluctant to go there.

Morehead won't take it. PSU has a shot at the playoff next season and he can likely write his P5 ticket either way.

I'm not risking my job on a one year Fordham coach if I'm DB.

Orlando is the most likely get with ties to the program. At UT he is first to go if Herman doesn't turn it around year one. At that point his chances at a HC jib are slim. He would take it if offered.

I still think we should look at NFL assistants. NFL helps differentiate in our recruiting pool.

Almost nobody would be less of a splash and more of a disappointment than Randy Edsall. Orlando doesn't have the HC experience. He's going to be at UT. Herman will win. Orlando will be a hot name.

I agree on the NFL assistant angle. Nobody is thinking that way and they should be.

Reaction Score
.....I'm not risking my job on a one year Fordham coach if I'm DB.

I'm glad you'll "take Miles". I'm not sure where you think UConn football is at, but Les Miles to UConn would be enormous (if he would even consider it). That hire makes recruits take notice and we'd have a coach that has a national championship ring.

Don't understand the shade on Moorehead either. He's the OC of Penn State, the BIG10 champs. He has head coaching experience by turning a 1 win FCS team in Fordham into a nationally ranked FCS program that beat Temple and Army. IF he would consider taking on the head coaching job at the laughingstock that currently is UConn football - we should be grateful.

Reaction Score
Would love to have Miles! Big LSU fans in our house and he would be the guy to run the program. DB wants a guy to run the program and Les can do that and also get the kids to play. SEC experience and has recruited in some great areas of the country. Knowledge and experience is what we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom