Women playing a role in CR? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Women playing a role in CR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
louisville has been in the national championship game two of the last four years
How many times have thy been within 20 points of UCONN in a game. How were they before they were in a conference with Uconn? These are my main points. UCONN has and will continue to destroy their conference competition and the competition will get better by offering the opportunity to play UCONN twice a year. See big east for historical support. The only thing that can slow uconns roll is genos retirement

Reaction Score
Like he said, who else has been great besides ND? UL had a nice little run but they are nowhere close to Uconn as a program. They benefited enormously by being in the same conference as Uconn.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I appreciate anything that puts UConn in a positive light. But if I were making a pie chart of "Factors that will influence UConn's future conference"... At best I would give it 5-10%.
Here's how I look at it. UConn puts half of humanity in a positive light through the collegiate athletics world. Way more than 5-10%.

Reaction Score
How many times have thy been within 20 points of UCONN in a game. How were they before they were in a conference with Uconn? These are my main points. UCONN has and will continue to destroy their conference competition and the competition will get better by offering the opportunity to play UCONN twice a year. See big east for historical support. The only thing that can slow uconns roll is genos retirement

It's definitely true the conference will get better by playing UConn. ND, Rutgers, Louisville all made F4s in the last 5 or 6 years, Ville and ND did it a couple times. 25 years before that, Rutgers made one once.

Reaction Score
Like he said, who else has been great besides ND? UL had a nice little run but they are nowhere close to Uconn as a program. They benefited enormously by being in the same conference as Uconn.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

The conference went from nowhere to having more F4 teams than any other conference.

Rutgers, Ville, ND, UConn. No other conference has had 4 different teams in the last 6 years. Prior to that, there was no such success.

Reaction Score
The UConn Women's Basketball program will help us just as much in Conference Realignment as wrestling does for Iowa State, lacrosse does for John's Hopkins, and baseball does for Cal State Fullerton.:rolleyes:

I'd be happy to change places with Iowa State.

Reaction Score
If no one cared about women's sports, ESPN would not be showing as much hoops & softball as they do. As one lucky to have an athletically inclined daughter I know this all too well.

Beyond that, it's going to take a few years to see if CR has a negative effect on Geno's program. Why the Title IX card hasn't been played with The Powers That Be on UConn's behalf is baffling. I guess it's going to take Stanford, Baylor, Tennessee, Notre Dame leaving UConn in the dust to prove it has done real harm.

Totally agree with this. This may be the best leverage UConn has. This needs to be exploited in Washington DC. Pressure, pressure and more pressure on the major conferences. They have too much at stake to lose, especially when the price to avoid this is establishing one more place setting at the big boy (and big girl) table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom