WNBA thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

WNBA thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Huh. Sloot is 6 assists away from tying Taurasi for #4. By the time D returns from injury, she's gonna be WAY in the rear view mirror.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Storm still screwing around. Aces beat Fever in back to back games by 36 and 23. Seattle up 10 mid Q4.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Not that the outcome was ever in doubt. Storm win by 15. Stewie w/ 28, Loyd 18, Bird 12 pts/8 assists.

What's going on w/ Ezi? After a good start to the season, she's all but disappeared. Scoreless in 14 minutes today, but she did have 8 rebounds. At first Magbegor and Dupree were alternating starting, but since she's come back it's been Russell.

edit--she's scored 6 points in the last 5 games; I don't care what y'all say, she's nowhere near the player Howard was at this point in her career

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Bust is over the top. And her team keeps changing.

But a high draft choice seems not to have been as successful perhaps as expected.

My question to you: is she playing 22 mpg because the coach doesn’t know how to use her or because of her own physical limitations? I ask this in all innocence. I haven’t seen her play this year.
I haven't seen her play yet this season...I've only seen box scores so far. She turned into a dominant player the end of her rookie season and for whatever reason couldn't find the same rhythm last year. Might have been due to coaching changes. She hasn't lit up the league but she's been far from a bust as the other poster suggested. You could make a case that she's been arguably the 3rd or 4th best player from the 2019 draft through 2+ years. Collier/Arike have been the clear standouts, but I'd group her with Turner/Young/Mabrey in the next batch, all of whom have carved out solid roles since joining the league. The busts of that draft have been Kalani Brown and KLS. Others like Durr is also unfortunately looking like a bad pick in hindsight due to covid/injuries. She's lost 32 pounds and is still struggling with symptoms...looks like it's going to be an uphill battle for her to be an effective player again. Wish her the best.

Reaction Score
I haven't seen her play yet this season...I've only seen box scores so far. She turned into a dominant player the end of her rookie season and for whatever reason couldn't find the same rhythm last year. Might have been due to coaching changes. She hasn't lit up the league but she's been far from a bust as the other poster suggested. You could make a case that she's been arguably the 3rd or 4th best player from the 2019 draft through 2+ years. Collier/Arike have been the clear standouts, but I'd group her with Turner/Young/Mabrey in the next batch, all of whom have carved out solid roles since joining the league. The busts of that draft have been Kalani Brown and KLS. Others like Durr is also unfortunately looking like a bad pick in hindsight due to covid/injuries. She's lost 32 pounds and is still struggling with symptoms...looks like it's going to be an uphill battle for her to be an effective player again. Wish her the best.
I forgot all about Durr. That is still such a tragic situation.

Turner was selected 11th in the draft, and I believe Brown, Smith, and Anigwe were all bigs drafted before her. I dont think any of those players have been more impactful for their teams than Turner. McCowan had her moments.

One disappointment this year from the 2020 draft class has been Cox. I'm not sure that she has even scored a basket all season.

Reaction Score
I forgot all about Durr. That is still such a tragic situation.

Turner was selected 11th in the draft, and I believe Brown, Smith, and Anigwe were all bigs drafted before her. I dont think any of those players have been more impactful for their teams than Turner. McCowan had her moments.

One disappointment this year from the 2020 draft class has been Cox. I'm not sure that she has even scored a basket all season.

I don't think Cox has played to score a basket. Last I knew, she was out with a knee injury.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I don't think Cox has played to score a basket. Last I knew, she was out with a knee injury.
No, she is playing a few minutes. 7+ against Seattle in Mop up time

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
Cox has not seemed to be healthy during her WNBA career yet. In that way, she reminds me of Jayne Appel from Stanford (though it's still very early).

Reaction Score
Cox has not seemed to be healthy during her WNBA career yet. In that way, she reminds me of Jayne Appel from Stanford (though it's still very early).

Remeber Cox has diabetes as well so it takes her much longer to heal than it would someone else. I really would like to see her get back to her former self. She was VERY good when healthy.

Reaction Score
Remeber Cox has diabetes as well so it takes her much longer to heal than it would someone else. I really would like to see her get back to her former self. She was VERY good when healthy.
I completely forgot about this. Her highest scoring numbers came in her sophomore year, but she was the best player for Baylor on their 2019 tourney run. Her last two years she played the game like no other Center was playing it. A high level facilitator, an elite and versatile defender, and a capable scoring from all 3 levels. She was one of my favorite players.

I think she has a lot of upside because she makes her teams better on offense and defense. Once she figures it out, she will be very good. Maybe itll be like college, and in year 3 it all comes together.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Prior to the 2019 draft, I recall being reamed for stating that I wouldn't give much draft stock to Cox given her injury history. I still look forward to being wrong, but well over a season in, my abiding suspicion has not yet been proven wrong.

And yeah, Appel was never the same after she broke her foot in the national semifinals her senior year. :(

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Bummer. Nneka seemed to be more herself so far this season after a subpar year in 2020.

W

wolfe613

Sparks need to rebuild and hopefully get lucky with Clark or Bueckers in 2 years

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I have followed Sabrinas games, she is so inconsistent so far.
Maybe teams have started figuring out how to defend her. I think this is 2 poor games in a row.

Shook/Stokes vs. Wilson/Cambage/Hamby is an absolute no contest. Howard can't return soon enough for the Lib.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Although Ionescu does have 9 reb/9 assists. Sami doing her thing again, 14 pts on 6-10 shooting.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Oh wow. Chicago plays Mercury again tonight 10pm CBSSN

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oh wow. Chicago plays Mercury again tonight 10pm CBSSN
Tune in to see what improbable way the Sky will figure out to give away another game they have all but locked up.

Reaction Score
Howard would be a nice fit for the Sparks, they are headed to the lottery with Nneka out.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Maybe teams have started figuring out how to defend her. I think this is 2 poor games in a row.

Shook/Stokes vs. Wilson/Cambage/Hamby is an absolute no contest. Howard can't return soon enough for the Lib.
although Kiah fought physically (13 rebounds 4off, ) and had 30+ minutes while shook was non existent (5 minutes)

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
although Kiah fought physically (13 rebounds 4off, ) and had 30+ minutes while shook was non existent (5 minutes)
Yeah, but 4 points in those minutes? That just doesn't cut it. Wilson had 30 and Cambage and Hamby were both in double figures. I think A'ja matched her 13 reb. as well.

I know, you can't expect Stokes to match Wilson. The fact they only have 2 bigs in their rotation currently is insane, and neither is really a WNBA starting caliber player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom