WNBA thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

WNBA thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Unable to watch the game...What was the ref’s call?
Double Tech.

Mabrey and Arike combined for 42 of Dallas's 78 FGA. That's not a winning formula. Sabally and Gray will get their shots but Dallas will still get most of its scoring from perimeter players.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
31 for C. Williams. Onyenwere had 29. Laney had 20, but 4-12 shooting and just not a good game in my eye. Whitcomb had 19, credited w/ 4 steals but I think she totally got short changed there, probably more like 6.

Laney's shooting was off but she also had 11 assists (many of them to a wide open Onyenwere); she forced it a bit at points but Atlanta, to their credit, completely took Ionescu out of the game and the Liberty don't really have any backup PG option after letting Clarendon go (they've played Jazmin Jones at the point--but she has not look comfortable there). Liberty had their chances but didn't execute, and Courtney Williams was an absolute beast all game.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

:eek: Wow, didn't see that coming. Kloppenburg did a good job as interim coach last season and he's still on staff, why wasn't he promoted? Optics? Quinn has barely any coaching experience and is younger than at least 2 players on the team. Just seems like a WTH kind of decision to me.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Indiana could be this year's New York. Got crushed by Las Vegas today.

Chicago had a big lead early against LA, couldn't hold it. Now in OT. Sloot going off, 24 pts/7 reb/7 assists in regulation. She did miss a potential game win scoop shot though.

Connecticut was up big on Minnesota early, then the Lynx came back. Hard to believe they are winless so far. They might be like the Sun last season, much better team than their record indicates.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
LA won. End of OT was awful. 2 or 3 reviews, endless number of timeouts, about 20 combined TOs including each having an offensive foul, over about the last minute or two of game time. Okay, I'm exaggerating a tiny bit, but it was an absolutely horrid stretch of basketball. I think both teams were trying to throw the game, but of course only 1 can be successful at that.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
LA won. End of OT was awful. 2 or 3 reviews, endless number of timeouts, about 20 combined TOs including each having an offensive foul, over about the last minute or two of game time. Okay, I'm exaggerating a tiny bit, but it was an absolutely horrid stretch of basketball. I think both teams were trying to throw the game, but of course only 1 can be successful at that.
Good thing all these games are on services I cant get. :rolleyes:

AZgirl

Pac-12 women's sports all day long
Reaction Score
Those platforms are more accessible to the population though, otherwise they are just on a local network and through League Pass. More exposure is a good thing. It's not a big deal to just open a different app to watch a game. :) I think the W has gotten pretty good coverage so far.
Agreed. Also, the NBA does the same thing. TNT, ESPN/ABC, NBA TV, local channels/FSRN, etc. I much prefer Amazon Prime to CBS Sports Network (which I have no access to).

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

I wonder what step of the process shooting 3-15, turning the ball over 5 times, and getting blown by on the critical defensive possession is.

I think I need a diagram.

Mulder

In Search of One Objective Poster
Reaction Score
Jessica Shepard, according to the box score, played 1 minute in The Lynx overtime win against the Sun.
Anyone know whether or not she suffered an injury?

Hope not.

Mulder

In Search of One Objective Poster
Reaction Score
Dallas is playing without Sabally and Gray. I think that team can make a playoff push once they return. I still think Arike can be a little more selective with the shots she’s taking.
Coach Johnson need to inform Arike, having the green light doesn't mean shoot every time the ball touches your hand.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Jessica Shepard, according to the box score, played 1 minute in The Lynx overtime win against the Sun.
Anyone know whether or not she suffered an injury?

Hope not.
She seemed to be moving okay when she was in, which was in the first half. I don’t get it.

Reaction Score
:eek: Wow, didn't see that coming. Kloppenburg did a good job as interim coach last season and he's still on staff, why wasn't he promoted? Optics? Quinn has barely any coaching experience and is younger than at least 2 players on the team. Just seems like a WTH kind of decision to me.
I hope it works out this time, it didn't last time Jenny was a nice person bad head coach. As a championship team it's another bad look for the league, they should have tryed to get someone with head coaching experience.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
Still early in WNBA season, but so many teams have been missing key pieces:

1. I want to see Chicago WITH Parker, Dolson, and Quigley. They have struggled, to but it mildly, without them.
2. I want to see Dallas WITH Gray and Sabally. Based on a VERY small sample size (one game and the 3x3 tournament), it looks like Gray is poised to have a fantastic season.
3. I want to see more New York WITH Howard (which is another 4 weeks away)
4. I want to see Atlanta, who has won 4 straight, WITH Cheyenne Parker
5. I want to see DC with EDD and Charles playing together

Some other random thoughts:
--Since DT's injury, Griner has decided to finally play like a potential MVP that she always has been.
--Stewart is best player in the league, but Seattle is going to win by a ton of blowouts; plus Jewel Lloyd is having her best season too. Which is why...Jonquel Jones is my early pick for MVP.
--A TON of players competing for most improved, including Mabrey, Jacking Young, Brionna Jones, Nia Coffey
--Onyenwere is going to be the Rookie of the Year and has been super impressive, showing she can playing the wing at the pro level
--Sylvia Fowles and Tina Charles; still very good at basketball

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Amazon Prime is now another carrier of some WNBA games, have the Liberty vs. the Dream today.

It's nice to be able to watch games, but it's bizarre how many different platforms they are using. Facebook, Twitter, now Amazon, CBSSN, hardly any games on the ESPN networks. Have a feeling the league is gonna have a hard time gaining a signifcant amount of new viewers w/ the hodge podge coverage.
If the game is listed on Amazon Prime can you still access it live on League Pass?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
and Kia said she never makes half court shots. Getting back on track from that disaster last year. Megan also looked pretty good.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Sloot sorta kinda thought about defending her on that game winner, but nobody else even slightly impeded her as she dribbled the ball up the floor.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Cambage and Coach MIller made nice before the start of the Aces-Sun game today.

Seattle was up 12, then totally screwed around in Q2. Lead got down to 3. Up 5 at the half. Really lackluster performance against the worst team in the league. D was awful, Fever were getting one layup after another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom