WNBA thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

WNBA thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Happiness is seeing Tif go by Mabrey several times tonight.
Double Happiness is to see Mabrey foul out and have to put on a mask on so we dont have to see her yapping from the bench.
Cant wait to see Tif go by KLS all game, just for your reaction.

I've noticed that all of the Wings games are so high scoring, and it is entertaining. But once in a while a viewer wants to see a stop lol. I get that they are down Sabally, Gray, and their 2nd pick (cant spell), but they have to learn some defense.

Ps, Mabrey had a pretty efficient game lol

Reaction Score
Sue Bird could be that child's grandma!
D1CE3036-F8CA-4CC2-9C17-1BCC5868C6B3.jpeg

Reaction Score
McCowan has averaged double figures every season in the league so far...not sure how that qualifies as a bust.
Bust is over the top. And her team keeps changing.

But a high draft choice seems not to have been as successful perhaps as expected.

My question to you: is she playing 22 mpg because the coach doesn’t know how to use her or because of her own physical limitations? I ask this in all innocence. I haven’t seen her play this year.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Wonder who Storm brings in for that roster spot?
Kitija Laksa, who was one of the last players put on waivers?
Haley Gorecki had a pretty good tryout for the Storm, which was noticed --- by Sandy Brondello of the Mercury, who signed her to a hardship contract (apparently for DT).

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
McCowan has averaged double figures every season in the league so far...not sure how that qualifies as a bust.
The counting stats on a bad team don't impress me. Especially when she was supposed to be a defensive anchor for them and their defense has been really bad.

However, upon review of the on/off stats, they are better with her on the court than not.

So I will amend "bust" to "mild disappointment".

However, I still don't think a paint-bound center like McCowan or K. Brown is what you want in today's league. And I don't expect McCowan to ever be a starter on a contender.

Reaction Score
The counting stats on a bad team don't impress me. Especially when she was supposed to be a defensive anchor for them and their defense has been really bad.

However, upon review of the on/off stats, they are better with her on the court than not.

So I will amend "bust" to "mild disappointment".

However, I still don't think a paint-bound center like McCowan or K. Brown is what you want in today's league. And I don't expect McCowan to ever be a starter on a contender.
I somewhat agree, she looked lost vs Charles a few games ago, she still looks a little raw, she needed to move her feet more, and add some range to her game, if she has to be guarded a few feet from the basket like BG and Liz, it’ll do wonders her and the team.

Reaction Score
Mabrey is a gamer and she plays with the sorta “nasty” I find entertaining. Dallas will have a thought decision on who should start between her and Jefferson once Gray returns.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Mabrey is a gamer and she plays with the sorta “nasty” I find entertaining. Dallas will have a thought decision on who should start between her and Jefferson once Gray returns.

Right now, Mabrey is averaging 20.5 ppg (6th highest in league), shooting 56% overall and 50% from three, and has not missed a FT all year.

Dallas is scoring a lot of points. They've got to rebound and defend better to keep the games from getting away from them: the Dream game featured 9 lead changes and 8 ties. Dream outrebounded Wings by 13 or 14 boards. Gray's rerturn will help. Sabally's even more so.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Charles tearing it up again, 18 at the half on 7-13 shooting. Getting some unexpected help from Wiese, who is 4-4 behind the arc. Mystics up 3 at the half against he Sun.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Charles tearing it up again, 18 at the half on 7-13 shooting. Getting some unexpected help from Wiese, who is 4-4 behind the arc. Mystics up 3 at the half against he Sun.
CT just going on a blitzkrieg in 3Q (18-3)

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I jinxed the Mystics. Huge edge for the Sun in Q3 so far.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
How many games is Parker going to miss for Chicago? Played in their season debut, hasn't played since.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
After falling behind by 12, Mystics end Q3 on a 13-0 run. Who will have the last run?

Meanwhile the hapless Sparks have a comfortable lead against the Sky.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Sun won 86-81.

LA thumping Chicago.

Reaction Score
After falling behind by 12, Mystics end Q3 on a 13-0 run. Who will have the last run?

Meanwhile the hapless Sparks have a comfortable lead against the Sky.

The Sky are hurting....

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Collier back for Minnesota, it's not helping so far. Seattle up 17-4 midway thru Q1.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Lynx came roaring back, tight game now mid Q2.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Storm pulling away again. Up 12 approaching halftime. Bench is the big difference, 18-7 advantage. Dupree and Prince have a combined 16 on 8-8 shooting.

edit--up 20 now; was a 4 point margin not all that long ago

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
How many games is Parker going to miss for Chicago? Played in their season debut, hasn't played since.

Too many. The timing of her going down at the same time Dolson left to play 3x3 is brutal. The Sky are winning about as much as you would expect for a team starting a Ruthy Hebard/Astou Ndour-Fall frontcourt.

Add in Sloot being off her game with without Quigley alongside her in the backcourt (which also means Watts has to play too much) and it's just bad all around.

Chicago got one of the worst calls I've ever had the displeasure of witnessing tonight. Should have been an and-1 for Copper. Instead, they call it a flagrant foul on Copper and Wade gets t'd up for arguing it. A 6-point swing on one call that basically ended the game in LA's favor.

And it's the same ref that ejected Astou Ndour after he walked into her hand:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Seattle was killing Minnesota. Lynx outscored them 22-5 in Q4 to make it look respectable, 10 point margin.

Las Vegas killing Indiana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32