WNBA Playoffs | Page 2 | The Boneyard

WNBA Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I almost lost my lunch when "the greatest WBB player of all time", Candace (watch me dunk)Parker, laying on the court, kicking the air and screaming her lungs out after drawing a foul! Can we get her some more TV time please, she's starved for attention!
Let's see when was the last time Maya Moore, Tamika Catchings, EDD, DT, etal pulled that crap.........
If there's a God LA will lose in MN on Tuesday night and CP3 can go home and tell her baby how great she is all off-season!

I was really glad to see Stef Dolson was ok and played the whole game today!

As I said above, the refs suck, every one of them, both games today, worthless!

Heaven forbid we have a player who shows some passion. Maybe the game would be more entertaining if it were played by robots.

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
The LA vs MN game was NOT played in their usual arena! They had to switch the game across town to the Long Beach State University arena because the EMMY's were televised at the Sparks usual arena on the same night! LB St. arena must seat 5,000 to 6,000 people!

Technically, the Emmys were at the Microsoft Theatre and the Staples Center is across the street. The various media trucks used the Staples Center parking areas, thus causing the move.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Technically, the Emmys were at the Microsoft Theatre and the Staples Center is across the street. The various media trucks used the Staples Center parking areas, thus causing the move.

So we all agree that the game was moved because of the Emmys. Glad that has been resolved. :)

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I think Chicago, but any team with Catchings has a chance. EDD has been pretty quiet in the first two games.

EDD does not match up well with Indiana...so far. Catch has played some great defense on her but I also thought Lynetta Kizer did a really good job when she was assigned to guard EDD.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Heaven forbid we have a player who shows some passion. Maybe the game would be more entertaining if it were played by robots.
We had a player a while back in a championship game who drew a foul and while on her backside pumped her fist a mumber of times - she actually sits on our the bench now, and was one of the fiercest competitors I ever saw in a husky uniform - holds the career and single season field goal percentage records for small people (non-centers) at Uconn at an amazing .579/.624 (Shea Ralph.) Only Tamika Williams 4 times and Kara Wolters 3 times had a better single season, and only Tamika, Kara, Tina, Stef, and Jessica Moore (!) had better career percentages.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
NBA TV cuts away from a sideline interview with EDD to cut to the studio to get analysis, which is just a regurgitation of the same things they say during every game. I would rather have heard EDD's analysis.

Oy vey!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
We had a player a while back in a championship game who drew a foul and while on her backside pumped her fist a mumber of times - she actually sits on our the bench now, and was one of the fiercest competitors I ever saw in a husky uniform - holds the career and single season field goal percentage records for small people (non-centers) at Uconn at an amazing .579/.624 (Shea Ralph.) Only Tamika Williams 4 times and Kara Wolters 3 times had a better single season, and only Tamika, Kara, Tina, Stef, and Jessica Moore (!) had better career percentages.

I've seen DT celebrate a time or two. Athletes get excited about big plays and show their enthusiasm. I don't want to see it on every play but at times it is good to see. But if you don't like a player even a smile can be enough to irritate you.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
yassss FEVER... good job Catch and the Crew, on to the Eastern Conference Finals

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
We have seen that many times.

One of my favorite players ever. EDD has an incredible offensive game but Catch came up with the rebounds and hustle plays in the closing minutes.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Both teams shot 57% from the floor which is remarkable for a playoff game in which defenses typically tighten up.

Reaction Score

easttexastrash- - - I love PASSION as much as anyone but CP3 is all for show, she knows where every TV camera is in the arena! She has always, back to her TN days been a LOOK AT ME, I'M GREAT type player! Maya Moore plays with as much PASSION as CP3, maybe more, but you don't see the histrionics and the BS! You don't even see it from her teammate, Nneka, who shows PASSION without the theatrical facial & body actions! It's sickening to me that as great a player as CP3 is she is so egotistical that she demands the "air time"!
Did you watch the Sky vs Fever game tonight? There was so much PASSION on the court you could cut it with a knife and NONE OF IT was overdone or overboard! Catchings has MORE PASSION in her little finger of her off hand than CP3 will have in her whole freaking body! The Fever won tonight because of their PASSION! They refused too lose and their defense and offense was suffocating Chicago, and they destroyed them down the stretch!
So don't tell me about CP3's fake PASSION! I wouldn't want CP3 sitting in my arena, let alone wearing my teams uniform! There are a hell of other players in the league that bring genuine PASSION to the game to fill my roster 10 times over!

Reaction Score
Erlana Larkins of the Indiana Fever reminds me of our Jamelle Elliott! She's undersized for her F/C position but through positioning, and especially her HEART, she excels against bigger, and so-called more talented opponents! She has made herself into one of the best in the league at her position! She started her career with several teams never hitting it off then decided she had to work harder and found success in Indiana!
Another one that transformed herself, is Allie Quigley, in Chicago, who has won the 6th player award the last 2 years!
Tanisha Wright with Seattle and now NY and Mistie Bass with a bunch of teams, are two others that have carved out nice careers, through hard work and finding their niche that they do, and do well!

easttexastrash- - - Here are 4 more players with more genuine PASSION than your Goddess, CP3!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
easttexastrash- - - I love PASSION as much as anyone but CP3 is all for show, she knows where every TV camera is in the arena! She has always, back to her TN days been a LOOK AT ME, I'M GREAT type player! Maya Moore plays with as much PASSION as CP3, maybe more, but you don't see the histrionics and the BS! You don't even see it from her teammate, Nneka, who shows PASSION without the theatrical facial & body actions! It's sickening to me that as great a player as CP3 is she is so egotistical that she demands the "air time"!
Did you watch the Sky vs Fever game tonight? There was so much PASSION on the court you could cut it with a knife and NONE OF IT was overdone or overboard! Catchings has MORE PASSION in her little finger of her off hand than CP3 will have in her whole freaking body! The Fever won tonight because of their PASSION! They refused too lose and their defense and offense was suffocating Chicago, and they destroyed them down the stretch!
So don't tell me about CP3's fake PASSION! I wouldn't want CP3 sitting in my arena, let alone wearing my teams uniform! There are a hell of other players in the league that bring genuine PASSION to the game to fill my roster 10 times over!
Why does it bother you, its not going anywhere... I'd just move on instead of the continuous harping on the same things year after year after year. If she's on TV turn to the Lifetime Network instead. I dont get it... who gives a hoot what Maya or Nneka does!

and whoever else is reading this... here's one of those "she could never play for me" people

Reaction Score
I've been watching Women's basketball for over 20 years now and I would estimate that I've seen hundreds of players that were more about "all for show." You can have your opinions but they seem to be a little over the top in my opinion. Heck, I defend Taurasi from this very same talk. Questioning passion and motives when you have the level of skill, talent and success as players like Parker or Taurasi is beyond my comprehension for a logical argument. Parker was known to also be the player to put in twice as much time in the gym while at Tennessee and has earned a great deal of respect over the years from the top athletes in her sport and coaches. Geno put Maya and Candace as the clear standouts at the most recent USA training camp. Can't we just celebrate both of them for being great for the sport we love.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Sounds sexist ! Underwear not panties twisted.
Women wear panties, men where underwear (hopefully). Just like women wear bras and men wear bros. :cool:

WTEjL.jpg

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Why does it bother you, its not going anywhere... I'd just move on instead of the continuous harping on the same things year after year after year. If she's on TV turn to the Lifetime Network instead. I dont get it... who gives a hoot what Maya or Nneka does!

and whoever else is reading this... here's one of those "she could never play for me" people
DaddyChoc much of the dislike of CP3 goes back to this dunk.

Despite being a former Lady Vol and marrying a Dukie she is a dime and one of the top 3 players in the world.

Last edited:

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
DaddyChoc much of the dislike of CP3 goes back to this dunk.

Despite being a former Lady Vol and marrying a Dukie she is a dime and one of the top 3 players in the world.

I was at that game but missed the dunk... cause I was on the concourse chatting with a Lady Vols fan who drove up for the game.
This was the last Vols/Huskies game... I enjoyed Hunter's effort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc