Reaction Score
Who do you think will win it all?
I have Chicago-New York in the east and
Phoenix -Minnesota in the west.
The finals are Minnesota-Chicago.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I honestly think Minny has a hard time getting past LA. With Parker back and their rotation fixed, they were one of the hottest teams down the stretch. I'm not sure if Augustus and Whalen are healthy, but if they aren't, I think they lose in the 1st round.

I'd love to see NY or Chicago win it. Now that I've moved to LA, I plan to go see the game when Minny comes to town...

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
As a Mercury fan, I have to say the Mercury.:D

Seriously, while I would love that result, too, I see the winner coming from the East. Between Chicago and NY, I'll root for NY, where I had season tix for the first 7+ years of the league. Both feature former Rutgers players, which is kind of cool. While we have a respectable number of players in the W, it lags UConn by quite a bit.:rolleyes:

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I honestly think Minny has a hard time getting past LA. With Parker back and their rotation fixed, they were one of the hottest teams down the stretch. I'm not sure if Augustus and Whalen are healthy, but if they aren't, I think they lose in the 1st round.

I'd love to see NY or Chicago win it. Now that I've moved to LA, I plan to go see the game when Minny comes to town...

I read in the Star Tribune that Whalen looks close to 100% but that Seimone is still rusty (not surprising). Given that it's a 3-game series, and Augustus is not in peak form, I'd say it's 50/50 whether the Lynx can get past L.A. I just don't see them having the kind of consistency they need lately, and L.A. is playing pretty well.

GO LYNX

Reaction Score
As a Mercury fan, I have to say the Mercury.:D

Seriously, while I would love that result, too, I see the winner coming from the East. Between Chicago and NY, I'll root for NY, where I had season tix for the first 7+ years of the league. Both feature former Rutgers players, which is kind of cool. While we have a respectable number of players in the W, it lags UConn by quite a bit.:rolleyes:

I think Rutgers has more players in the W than "The Pipeline to the WNBA" (tm)
In fact, I think there are several schools with more.

Reaction Score
This season, the East has been stronger than the west. I think it could be a close battle between Chicago and New York for the final, but the west could be anybody( I do think that the mercury beat Tulsa).

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I know Tulsa wont win the title.... but Im hoping they get a win in their last ever game in Tulsa.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Phoenix looked incredible last night. They are really clicking right now.

BG was absolutely a beast in last night's game. It was one of the most dominant performances I have ever seen in women's basketball. She was fighting harder for position than I have ever seen, virtually bulling over people, taking taking it hard to the basket and shutting down the lane for Tulsa while picking up 11 blocks.

EDD is a very gifted offensive player and deserved MVP, but I bet you money that Phoenix would take BG again if given the opportunity. Nobody can change the game on both ends of the court like Griner. She is finally realizing how good she can be and it is a beautiful thing to witness. The work she is doing with Mark West is paying major dividends.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I know Tulsa wont win the title.... but Im hoping they get a win in their last ever game in Tulsa.

I'm thinking of driving to Tulsa for this game to see BG, Odyssey and the team that I will be welcoming to Dallas next season.

Reaction Score
EDD is a very gifted offensive player and deserved MVP, but I bet you money that Phoenix would take BG again if given the opportunity. Nobody can change the game on both ends of the court like Griner. She is finally realizing how good she can be and it is a beautiful thing to witness. The work she is doing with Mark West is paying major dividends.
Agree - any team would have to take BG over EDD. Would be fun to see them head-to-head in the final, but I'm rooting for NY in the East.

Reaction Score
Looks like Chicago-Indiana series will have a game 3. Who do you think takes the series?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Looks like Chicago-Indiana series will have a game 3. Who do you think takes the series?
I think Chicago, but any team with Catchings has a chance. EDD has been pretty quiet in the first two games.

Reaction Score
MN with Seimone A. & Lindsay W. back looked super for most of the first LA vs MN game! I think they tired because lack of training but they have a good shot to knock off LA in 3! MN looked unstoppable for the 2nd and 3rd periods! I hate LA (both MBB & WBB) too many huge egos, Parker, Beard, Toliver! There's not enough BBs to go around! My pick: MN

Sky vs Fever is a WAR! Great competitors for both squads! Quigley, EDD, Breland, Vandersloot,deSouza, for Chicago! But Cappy P. looks shaky, she's way off her game! Catchings, Zellous, Johnson, Larkins, January, Kizer for Indiana! They're going to a game 3, which may go 5 overtimes till all pass out! Who scores at the buzzer wins! My pick: Sky at home

NY vs Washington, is really weird, NY has the "studs" you would think should take the younger Mystics, but WM have NY
's number, 5-0 this season! Thibault KNOWS Tina Charles and this may wind up in a major upset! Mystics even with Bria Hartley on the bench most of the time, have played really great BB! I had thought a MN vs NY Finals.........
My pick: NY has TOO much! Plus Stef Dolson was hurt late in game 1 and it didn't look good and WM saying she'll be fine for next game, if she's not fine, it hurts Mystics bad!

PHX did look super, but they were playing the weakest of the 8 teams so that could have played into the type of play! PHX has Dupree, BG, Bonner, Bass,Currie, Mitchell, though so they'll still be a load to beat!

It's 11:51am before the Sunday games when I write this.
MN vs PHX and NY vs Chicago in Division Finals!

I still can't believe how lousy, incompetent, worthless, the refs have been! What a shame!!!! You have great players and coaches, and they have to put up with Middle School quality refs! I don't understand how the players and coaches don't go to the league and say get these idiots out of here and get us some decent refs! Both the players and coaches are getting more and more pissed off when a ref makes a call that is ridiculous!
When a player lowers her shoulder and crashes into the defense that's a charge! There are moving screens on EVERY PLAY! And it's called selectively! The body cannot move when setting the screen and 99.9% of players are moving shoulders, hips, taking steps, etc. to make it an illegal screen!
At least both teams are getting screwed by the refs! Equal opportunity incompetence!

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Tina is Queen of the 3rd quarter(17) in an 18 point win. Back to NY on Tues.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
LA is absolutely mugging Minny on defense. Officiating is very one sided in this game IMO

Reaction Score
Wow. Definitely didn't expect this many games 3's (I had a feeling Chicago-Indiana might be)

Reaction Score
I almost lost my lunch when "the greatest WBB player of all time", Candace (watch me dunk)Parker, laying on the court, kicking the air and screaming her lungs out after drawing a foul! Can we get her some more TV time please, she's starved for attention!
Let's see when was the last time Maya Moore, Tamika Catchings, EDD, DT, etal pulled that crap..................................
If there's a God LA will lose in MN on Tuesday night and CP3 can go home and tell her baby how great she is all off-season!

I was really glad to see Stef Dolson was ok and played the whole game today!

As I said above, the refs suck, every one of them, both games today, worthless!

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Attendance for the Minn/LA game was 3112! Maybe that's what Voepel should rant about instead of getting her panties twisted over some innocuous remark by Adam Silver. It certainly does appear that the league isn't where the NBA "hoped it would be".

Reaction Score
Attendance for the Minn/LA game was 3112! Maybe that's what Voepel should rant about instead of getting her panties twisted over some innocuous remark by Adam Silver. It certainly does appear that the league isn't where the NBA "hoped it would be".

Sounds sexist ! Underwear not panties twisted.

Reaction Score
The LA vs MN game was NOT played in their usual arena! They had to switch the game across town to the Long Beach State University arena because the EMMY's were televised at the Sparks usual arena on the same night! LB St. arena must seat 5,000 to 6,000 people!

Reaction Score
I've been writing this in other threads. Looooove women's basketball,but the coaching and refereeing has been weird this season. It pains me to say it, but I don't see a long term future for WNBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom