• No

Votes: 50 42.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Straightforward question: Do you think UCONN will have a 6th undefeated season next year?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We will have the top player, shooter, and PG in the nation. Plus the best defensive center.

If Morgan and Gabby are healthy, this could be Wrath of God, Part 2.

If we get A'ja and all the players and coaches are back and healthy, we may be even money to win our 10th.

Reaction Score
I am concerned that we will be short handed in the Post/Center position unless Geno gets a JUCO... Stokes is the center? Tuck is a backup? We will have to move Stewie over...

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I am concerned that we will be short handed in the Post/Center position unless Geno gets a JUCO... Stokes is the center? Tuck is a backup? We will have to move Stewie over...

You'll have ample guard depth and a front court of KML, Stewart, Tuck and Stokes. Even if you lose a forward/post to injury or foul trouble, KML can slide to the 4 defensively and UCONN can play a 4 out, 1 in offense.

Reaction Score
We will have the top player, shooter, and PG in the nation. Plus the best defensive center.

If Morgan and Gabby are healthy, this could be Wrath of God, Part 2.

If we get A'ja and all the players and coaches are back and healthy, we may be even money to win our 10th.
Two is a lot of "ifs".

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Two is a lot of "ifs".
Agreed. Without Wilson, we'll still be very good next year. Her absence becomes more critical after Stewie leaves. If A'ja comes, next year's team will be fabulous. Without Tuck and Williams, we'll be missing depth, which could become a problem.

The range from best case scenario to worst case is large in one sense and small in another. If we have a healthy A'ja, Gabby, and Morgan, the team is in the conversation for the best team ever. If none of them plays at all, we are still excellent, but thin, and could lose a couple of games.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I predict we win every game that we win. Wilson will surprise everyone by choosing East Carolina, making them the Delaware of 2015 and carrying them into the NC game unblemished against a UConn team that has won every game that it has won. Should be a doozy. Kreskin is my grandfather.

Reaction Score
I say we go undefeated but it's a close call.

Worrying about injuries is more justified next year than it was this year, but odds are that Tuck will be fine and give us a little depth at 4/5.

If everyone is healthy we will have the consensus best player, plus the best pg and the best 3.

I expect we'll be about 12 points better than ND. If we beat ND in S Bend and stay healthy I don't think we'll be challenged again until NC game vs either ND or UNC.

Reaction Score
The schedule has not been set yet. If our front court is Stewie, KML and Kiah, without Morgan, I would say no. With Morgan, and depending on the schedule, I would say yes.

Reaction Score
They will definitely be undefeated in the weak AAC and probably the entire season. His "problem" next year will be what to do with 11 or 12 very good scholarship players.

Reaction Score
I predict we win every game that we win. Wilson will surprise everyone by choosing East Carolina, making them the Delaware of 2015 and carrying them into the NC game unblemished against a UConn team that has won every game that it has won. Should be a doozy. Kreskin is my grandfather.
But ECU is in the AAC now.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
The schedule has not been set yet. If our front court is Stewie, KML and Kiah, without Morgan, I would say no. With Morgan, and depending on the schedule, I would say yes.

I am usually labeled as the great pessimist of the "Yard"
but for the life of me, I can't understand the lack of optimism on this thread.
Stewie, KLM and Kiah as constituted are not able to achieve perfection?
I know the schedule is still to be announced but who's even remotely better?
And the Heat or the Lynx are disallowed.
I'm just as positive as can be:
Mo, the best point in the land
A host of talented frosh to start the process of replacing Bria…watch out for the RN.
What me worry?

Reaction Score
We will have a tough schedule, as always, and the hard games will be at the beginning of the year, during the OOC. During that period, Morgan Tuck will be extremely rusty, having missed nearly a full season and the summer--think how hard it was for Banks to come back fully. So I think we will be thin up front, and our depth at guard will be a bunch of freshmen and Chong (assuming that Banks becomes a starter again). By the end of the year we will look invincible, but we might need to be a lucky during the early part of the season to be able to go undefeated.

Reaction Score
As far as the schedule goes, we know we have ND on the road. We know we won't be playing TN (maybe yr after but can't conceive of anything happening that quick). The only other team with more than a remote shot of beating us is UNC. If we got the Heels on the road I might change my views on OP question slightly. Other than that I don't see the schedule being a significant factor. I may sound like TonyC but that's how I see it. 3 of the top 5 players in wcbb!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
For me a big question is whether the surgery works for Morgan. Wilson I wrote off about 3 months ago, but even if I am wrong, I don't see her being a major factor in her freshman year if she is in a UConn uniform. Geno and CD would have to take a year convincing her that she is not Stewie. My biggest question is will Saniya get on with it and use her talent to become a major player. If not, Ms. Nurse will run over her with a couple of other freshman on her heels.

Reaction Score
It is really, really hard to go undefeated. Some of our best teams have failed to accomplish it.

You can't have an off-game against a top-5 team. Our conference schedule will be a joke, there will still be 5-8 tough games, including, obviously, the Final Four. Fortunately, our main competitors, the programs who have actually won something (ND, Stanford, Baylor) are losing a lot. I don't see pretenders like UNC actually accomplishing anything on the national stage, and Tennessee is probably still a year or two away.

But we'll have to dodge a lot of bullets to avoid losing a single time.

Reaction Score
It is really, really hard to go undefeated. Some of our best teams have failed to accomplish it.

You can't have an off-game against a top-5 team. Our conference schedule will be a joke, there will still be 5-8 tough games, including, obviously, the Final Four. Fortunately, our main competitors, the programs who have actually won something (ND, Stanford, Baylor) are losing a lot. I don't see pretenders like UNC actually accomplishing anything on the national stage, and Tennessee is probably still a year or two away.

But we'll have to dodge a lot of bullets to avoid losing a single time.
Yeah this is my philosophy as well. I know this is far-fetched to some, but we were down in the 2nd half to BYU. That's Brigham Young University. If that had been a team with an actual pulse, maybe a top 20 team of some kind, we may not be here celebrating dual championships. Going undefeated is really really hard. Geno has said so himself, and I'll take his word for it. Just because they've done it a bunch of times, and we're spoiled, doesn't mean we should expect it or even consider it "in the bag." Eventually they will lose, and whoever beats them will party like it's 1999.

Reaction Score
IMHO we go undefeated. We play Penn State, ND, Stanford, South Carolina, Maryland, Duke..... All confidently winnable with the healthy Huskies we end the year with, and with two or three newbies contributing positive minutes. 85 in a row by April 9, 2015

AllAmerRedHeads

Barnstorming America author
Reaction Score
i am usually hesitate to say yes, but i feel as good as i can considering how hard it is for any team to accomplish this feat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom