Wichita State WBB Team Refuses to Practice/Coach Suspended | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Wichita State WBB Team Refuses to Practice/Coach Suspended

Reaction Score
I wonder if its too late for her to change her mind

hard to say but something tells me if she really liked everything else about the school that much she would have stuck it out while the coach was being investigated

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I think it all depends if she has attended classes yet .. . . or if she registered for classes at the new school.
Or likes Linda Hargrove

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Or likes Linda Hargrove
I remember her brief stint in the WNBA - which, FWIW, led me to glance at WNBA coaching records. The number of coaches that have career records over .500 is (relatively) slim and Hargrove was not one of them.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Yes to your comments and the prior listing. Except it is not a listing of how to run a team that is unique to UConn - most of those item would probably be echoed by most other coaches as well. Many of these themes were echoed in Pat's final book, as well, and many of them would be found in numerous business related tomes.

What is unique to UConn is the degree to which all those items are accomplished. Execution is precise on the basketball court and likewise in how the coaching staff handles the team. And the one "non-controllable" - at least to a certain extent - ultimate success - has come to UConn in abundance making some of the items indicated all that much easier to accomplish.
I don't think either the original listing or my follow-up suggested that this was either unique or particularly original, just that it is what allows a coaching staff to push hard without creating the kinds of issues that are becoming perhaps more prevalent in the current environment (or at least more frequently brought to light.) What makes UConn unique is a whole list of other attributes that as you say starts with success, but gets into the 'art of coaching' some of which can be published and copied but a lot of which is not so easily transferred.

Reaction Score
Good move! Abuse sometimes is in the mine of one player who then pushes others to see--difficult training as abuse.
Of course there is the other side of the coin-. Kids are more Pro active--.

Seems like it was a lot more than 1 player. And it's nice to know that so many fans that don't have to show up for practices are willing to imply the players are soft.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Seems like it was a lot more than 1 player. And it's nice to know that so many fans that don't have to show up for practices are willing to imply the players are soft.

- Adams-Birch underwent an internal review after the 2014-15 season, when four players transferred from the program.

- Under Adams-Birch, the Shockers made three straight NCAA tournament appearances from 2013 to 2015 -- the first in school history.

Her teams had success on the court, but this was the second major incident in two seasons. It seems as if the players were working hard and had success...and still had concerns about the coach.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Adams-Birch and Wichita State have parted ways. Even more odd is a former coach is taking over, not the assistants. I suspect breaches of the 2015 conditions that were imposed when 4 players left must have occurred. And due to someone not involved in the program coming in to take over suggests the whole program culture is under review. Unfortunate all the way around.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom