Why too many people are going to Husky games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Why too many people are going to Husky games

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
I love this as a motto....I'm either going to get it as a tatoo on my neck or maybe just write it on the memo pad on the fridge....:)
What are you and Rocky so smug about? You're both hiding under the same interstate overpass also.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Ok, got it.

I'll do it in two steps.

First

The fans come primarily to see the players, but they are also coming to see the coaches. Coaches don't count as much as players, let's say half as much.

So the average team has 13 players plus 4 coaches or 2 player equivalents. The at means the 2600 fans need to be divided by 15 , or 173 per player equivalent.
UConn has 10 scholarship players and 2 coaches, so that is 10, plus 2, or 14 player equivalents. Multiply by the factor of three, and you can allow in 7280 fans (plus the 100 for the other yeam.

But wait there's more.

The fans also come to see the cheer leaders. and the Dance squad. Some won't admit this. And some aren't interested. UConn has ten cheerleaders and 10 Dance team members ( I have no idea , I'm making this up)

But some other schools have fewer, or no cheer leaders. Many do not have a dance team. The average squad for other schools is six, total. Like coaches, they aren't worth as much as a player, but they are worth more than coaches. Each one is worth 1.618 times as much as a coach (that's the Golden ratio, you can look it up) which mean they are worth as much as 0.809 players.

Other schools this have 13 + 2 + 6 x 0.809 = 19.854 player equivalents.

So the attendance is 130 per player equivalent.

So UConn has 10 + 2 + 16.18= 28.18 player equivalents so can allow in 11071. (Plus the 100 for the opposing team.)
You completely forgot The Band.

Oops, sorry, already noted. I guess the question would be then do you count the band as The Band or do you count them as individuals?

Last edited:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Ok, got it.

I'll do it in two steps.

First

The fans come primarily to see the players, but they are also coming to see the coaches. Coaches don't count as much as players, let's say half as much.

So the average team has 13 players plus 4 coaches or 2 player equivalents. The at means the 2600 fans need to be divided by 15 , or 173 per player equivalent.
UConn has 10 scholarship players and 2 coaches, so that is 10, plus 2, or 14 player equivalents. Multiply by the factor of three, and you can allow in 7280 fans (plus the 100 for the other yeam.

But wait there's more.

The fans also come to see the cheer leaders. and the Dance squad. Some won't admit this. And some aren't interested. UConn has ten cheerleaders and 10 Dance team members ( I have no idea , I'm making this up)

But some other schools have fewer, or no cheer leaders. Many do not have a dance team. The average squad for other schools is six, total. Like coaches, they aren't worth as much as a player, but they are worth more than coaches. Each one is worth 1.618 times as much as a coach (that's the Golden ratio, you can look it up) which mean they are worth as much as 0.809 players.

Other schools this have 13 + 2 + 6 x 0.809 = 19.854 player equivalents.

So the attendance is 130 per player equivalent.

So UConn has 10 + 2 + 16.18= 28.18 player equivalents so can allow in 11071. (Plus the 100 for the opposing team.)
Your logic is absolutely flaw-less/ed, BUT ... you forgot to add in the number of attendees that are only at the game for a chance to meet other boneyarders in dark corners to do nefarious deeds - and their keepers in the white suits!

Last edited:

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
Your logic is absolutely flaw-less/ed, BUT ... you forgot to add in the number of attendees that are only at the game for a chance to meet other boneyarders in dark corners to do nefarious deeds - and their keepers in the white suits!
Those guys in dark corners are the keepers. That should give you some idea of the boneyarders.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
pura4003a18817d6acd.gif

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score

If I update the numbers, I'll remember to add 2 at the end.

(Hmmm, I wonder how many I have to subtract?)

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
HB was at a certain race event in Pamplona today and meant to file a report that began, "Because today's game was so goring ....," but unfortunately he got tossed too high to continue typing and is currently hanging from a balustrade.

In other news, it was confirmed today that Gillian Goring will finally begin playing for the Huskies some time in January. Late season pick up.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Oh, boy! If Gillian is finally coming, can Ivana be too far behind?!?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom