Why People Get Tattoos | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Why People Get Tattoos

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Abraham who begot Issac who begot Jacob.
Well mine. My grandpa took me fishing, hunting and camping. He even gave me my first dip of skoal lol. Laughed as I gagged. I never tried that again.
I asked for the generation not individual exceptions that prove the rule. Also some grandparents have the enjoyment of spoiling their grandchildren since they hadn't that luxury with their children. Besides, how often did you take Abraham or your grand parents when you went barhopping or partying? Just how cool did Jacob think Abraham was, really? Obligation and coolness are far different things.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Or maybe the grandchildren will love their unusual grandparents and their uniqueness..
There is nothing you know about the emotions of others when it comed to their families. Nothing.
Since when have parents not been an embarrassment to their kids? Which generation saw their grandparents as cool? Please, name the generation.
I asked for the generation not individual exceptions that prove the rule.
Well MDoggie didn't mention cool. You did. And MDoggie was speaking individuals, you brought up generational, which also didn't have anything to do with what MDoggie was talking about.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Since when have parents not been an embarrassment to their kids? Which generation saw their grandparents as cool? Please, name the generation.
The Silent Generation? Full disclosure the prior generation was pretty impressive by most standards.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Well MDoggie didn't mention cool. You did. And MDoggie was speaking individuals, you brought up generational, which also didn't have anything to do with what MDoggie was talking about.
...and my original statement had nothing to do with love. I distinctly said, "I also know that this sort of tattoo/piercing over indulgency is going to cause them to be both the laughing stock and embarrassment to their grandchildren", By grandchildren I meant in general since tattoos have become a generational thing. My parents frequently embarrassed me in front of my friends, but I never stopped loving them. No, when parents embarrass their children it is almost always related to them saying or doing something "uncool" in the eyes of their children. Now when he spoke of "grandchildren" I had to assume he wasn't speaking personally but generally, answering my blanket statement, hence my second statement. Which I stand by.

JordyG

Reaction Score
The Silent Generation? Full disclosure the prior generation was pretty impressive by most standards.
Because the silent generation didn't voice their feelings and where beset by hardship didn't make them immune to embarrassment.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Because the silent generation didn't voice their feelings and where beset by hardship didn't make them immune to embarrassment.
Your original question:
I'd argue that the children of the Greatest Generation, the Silent Generation, were not embarrassed by their parents, many of who were, by any reasonable definition, heros. I'd also say that Boomers saw their Grandparents as "cool." I know that I appreciated what my grandparents sacrificed and all they achieved. I've accomplished quite a bit in my life but I am acutely aware that their sacrifices made those accomplishments possible.

Those are my answers both in macro and micro. Feel free to disagree.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Your original question:
I'd argue that the children of the Greatest Generation, the Silent Generation, were not embarrassed by their parents, many of who were, by any reasonable definition, heros. I'd also say that Boomers saw their Grandparents as "cool." I know that I appreciated what my grandparents sacrificed and all they achieved. I've accomplished quite a bit in my life but I am acutely aware that their sacrifices made those accomplishments possible.

Those are my answers both in macro and micro. Feel free to disagree.
Of course I disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits