Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Cultural (not prison and gang) get my vote too: Maori

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Having no tattoos, no piercings and hair the color of actual hair would certainly make a statement among the help at the Starbucks I go to. Not sure you could get hired, though.
At one time in Starbucks history I remember a young lady that had to cover the tattoo on her wrist. How quickly that has changed. However from my vantage I am seeing more and more youguns' that have no tats. So it seems to me that part of our culture, as cultures always do, is changing.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Don't know about tattoos. But I know that a lot of people drill a hole in their noses so that they can smell better.
Seems like a more rigorous bathing routine would be the better choice. ;)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Personal choice - I have 20 piercings, but I understand that there will be a time in my life when I'm over them and they can come out. Other than a small scar, no one will be any the wiser. Tattoos, on the other hand, are (mostly) forever. That's scary for a lot of people.
New mental image for Argo...

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
Twenty-seven years ago my granddaughter passed. We had her with us for three short months. She never came home from Riley's Children's Hospital. Just s few months later I had her image and hand prints tattooed on my chest. I'm reminded of her ever day. Got a judgment about that? You know how much I care.

Reaction Score
Im wondering if its generational. Maybe you "old" heads just dont get it. Lol. Tats are cool for whoever wants them. From bums to PHDs

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
NOT ALL, but most tats, purple hair, and rings in the nose, are that people want to be noticed!

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
NOT ALL, but most tats, purple hair, and rings in the nose, are that people want to be noticed!

Honestly, I get piercings because I like them — to Hell with everyone else. I like the look and I like the adrenaline rush of getting pierced. A few I’ve gotten in conjunction with specific events in my life or with special people, but I’ve never gotten one so someone else will look at it.

However, for the sake of full disclosure, I got my nose pierced early in my first semester of college and, to spite my father, I changed it to a ring when I went home for Christmas break. When I got back to school, I put my little stud back in. He hated the ring and I loved that he hated it.

Kids these days, man. :rolleyes:

JordyG

Reaction Score
Don't know about tattoos. But I know that a lot of people drill a hole in their noses so that they can smell better.
I knew guys back in the 70's that did it unintentionally by snorting too much cocaine. Seriously.

Reaction Score
Interesting subject . But I would worry about how an article on tattoos just suddenly appeared in your feed. What a coincidence! ;)
It showed up because of the conservation--i.e the conservation of energy! However this conversation with you is one sided!

Reaction Score
Honestly, I get piercings because I like them — to Hell with everyone else. I like the look and I like the adrenaline rush of getting pierced. A few I’ve gotten in conjunction with specific events in my life or with special people, but I’ve never gotten one so someone else will look at it.

However, for the sake of full disclosure, I got my nose pierced early in my first semester of college and, to spite my father, I changed it to a ring when I went home for Christmas break. When I got back to school, I put my little stud back in. He hated the ring and I loved that he hated it.

Kids these days, man. :rolleyes:
I got one installed the day I got married. As a kid my father's bull had a huge ring so I thought---a ring doesn't have to inhibit anything, it didn't. I still get to see a Women's game now an then.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
No tats, no piercings, crew bailed out so I have the Telly Savallas look. But I have a very good man chu.

Our youngest son is in the Navy. He has tats, most of which are Navy related. Sailors are noted for their tattos as are musicians. No big deal for us.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
It showed up because of the conservation--i.e the conservation of energy! However this conversation with you is one sided!
:confused:

Reaction Score
First thing they said in boot camp was that the FBI liked to use tats as identifying marks.

Reaction Score
When I graduated from the University of Cincinnati, I got a little tattoo on my ankle - the Chinese symbol for rebirth. I just “knew” that I, a small town Ohio boy, was going to work in entertainment in New York or Los Angeles and was going to start a new life. I ended up getting a job in entertainment in Los Angeles and have been here ever since and I still love my tattoo. Now if I had gotten stuck in small town Ohio, not that there’s anything wrong with that but that’s not what I wanted, then maybe I’d hate my tattoo now. But the tattoo, for me, was a symbol to keep pursuing my dreams, no matter how out of the ordinary they were for people where I’m from. People from Ohio are always telling me how unbelievable it is that I go to movie premieres and interview celebrities all the time because that’s just not an option for people in small towns, but that was what I wanted to do since I was a little boy. The tattoo is symbolic of my journey and fighting my way into an occupation that many thought was just a pipe dream.

Congratulations on doing what you wanted to do and overcoming the odds to do so.

Reaction Score
Oh yeah, this is obviously a point of expression and not a cry for attention. Or help.

I saw a young couple in the terminal and on a flight from Salt Lake City to Seattle a few years ago that almost looked like this guy. No bumps in their foreheads, but probably 30 or more piercings each in their lips, ears, eyebrows, nose and tongue.

Made me wonder how often they lock up with each other's rings and pins or hook them on other objects and tear their skin.

JordyG

Reaction Score
I saw a young couple in the terminal and on a flight from Salt Lake City to Seattle a few years ago that almost looked like this guy. No bumps in their foreheads, but probably 30 or more piercings each in their lips, ears, eyebrows, nose and tongue.

Made me wonder how often they lock up with each other's rings and pins or hook them on other objects and tear their skin.
I also know that this sort of tattoo/piercing over indulgency is going to cause them to be both the laughing stock and embarrassment to their grandchildren. Thankfully piercings can heal up, but those bumps will cause pockets, and of course the only way to remove a tattoo is with a scar.

Reaction Score
I also know that this sort of tattoo/piercing over indulgency is going to cause them to be both the laughing stock and embarrassment to their grandchildren. Thankfully piercings can heal up, but those bumps will cause pockets, and of course the only way to remove a tattoo is with a scar.
Or maybe the grandchildren will love their unusual grandparents and their uniqueness..
There is nothing you know about the emotions of others when it comed to their families. Nothing.

Reaction Score
This is a subject that pops up with pretty much annual frequency on our forum, just to offer proof, I suppose, of how frustrating it can be to endure the wait for a new season to begin. While I have a blanket dislike for tattoos, what other folks do to "adorn" their bodies is generally a matter of indifference to me. Still, I must cop to a double-standard on the issue: Whoever came up with the idea that these monstrosities constitute a good idea for girls ought, in my very biased opinion, to have to face a firing squad! Vanity license plates, which, I imagine, arise from a similar yearning to be noticed, make much more sense. They're a cinch to remove, once the bearer comes to regret (as we all eventually do) some of the decisions of youth. But tattoos? When these ladies approach my age their "body art" will suggest that the images, alas, were a product of The Salvador Dali Tattoo Studio. But that's just me...let the new season begin!!

JordyG

Reaction Score
Or maybe the grandchildren will love their unusual grandparents and their uniqueness..
There is nothing you know about the emotions of others when it comed to their families. Nothing.
Since when have parents not been an embarrassment to their kids? Which generation saw their grandparents as cool? Please, name the generation.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Since when have parents not been an embarrassment to their kids? Which generation saw their grandparents as cool? Please, name the generation.
Abraham who begot Issac who begot Jacob.

Reaction Score
Well mine. My grandpa took me fishing, hunting and camping. He even gave me my first dip of skoal lol. Laughed as I gagged. I never tried that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom