Why don't UCONN fans travel to RU? | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Why don't UCONN fans travel to RU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's just like you say. My grandmother travels to all the away RU games (Went to USF/Arkansas/Tulane this year) but she refuses to go up to UCONN anymore, because last time she was there she got cursed out by a bunch of students, and had a beer thrown at her. Again, this is my grandmother, she wasn't exactly instigating anything! I'm sure she just ran into a bunch of jerks, and not all UCONN fans are like that (0f course) but it really does show that it only take a few morons to ruin the reputation of a large group.

If any of you UCONN fans are coming down tomorrow, hope that you only run into us plesant fans, and not the idiot ones!

Let your grandmother know if she wants to go to the next game at the Rent to let me know, she can sit with my wife and myself, we are grandparents also. I am sure I can free up one of my tickets for her. It wont be in the visitors sections, but section 203 is a rather friendly place to sit for visitors.

Reaction Score
Let your grandmother know if she wants to go to the next game at the Rent to let me know, she can sit with my wife and myself, we are grandparents also. I am sure I can free up one of my tickets for her. It wont be in the visitors sections, but section 203 is a rather friendly place to sit for visitors.

Thanks so much for that offer, I'll pass it along to her tomorrow! :D

Reaction Score
Did you ever notice how the Jersey guys always add NY when talking about their state. It's like they are ashamed. I get it. New Jersey is a national punchline. It's got to be hard for them. It must be tough to go through life being ashamed of where you live. I feel for them.

Don't you live in Jersey?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
In 2006, my wife and I had to ride the bus from the RAC to the stadium and back again. We were the only UConn fans on the bus in both directions. We weren't heckled, noone really spoke with us. During the game I talked to one Rutgers fans who was impressed with the young running back from New Jersey (that would be Donald Brown). No issues.

The only times I've been heckled or part of a group that was heckled were:
USF football 2010
2 Cuse basketball games in the 90's

Reaction Score
Saladfingers, you're a cool dude. It seems as if your pride knows no bounds... story of my life.
Hope you return to this board more often, although we really only have 3 days before both fanbases forget about each other.

S***, I'm out of character.
"JERSEY SUCKS"

Reaction Score
I'll bite. I missed 2004 because of Thanksgiving, 2006 because it was a Sunday and 2010 because it was a Friday.

I went in 2008 and wasn't heckled: we were 5-1, you were 1-5 (with your one win coming against an FCS school -- obviously), and you sneaked out with a 12-10 win after we missed three FGs and a terrible offensive pass interference call pushed us back 25 yards for the final kick. We spent the entire third quarter inside our own 25, thanks to a few muffs/mistakes by Robbie and Jasper (RIP) in returning kicks and punts, and a third quarter safety was the final margin.

Getting back to my point, no, I definitely wasn't heckled -- in fact, Rutgers Stadium was one of the happiest places on Earth at the time. Your fans literally couldn't believe that you walked out of there with a win and held an All American RB to only 107 yards. Anyway, other than the score, I thoroughly enjoyed the trip to Piscataway. My wife and I made reservations to stay in Manhattan for the night and then we took NJ Transit to New Brunswick and a cab to the RAC/stadium. Then, because it was nice out, we walked the 2-2.5 miles back to the train station through the campus(es) and town, and took NJ Transit back to New York.

I always love playing Rutgers, for the same reason I'd love to play BC again (hint: it's not because I like you).

As for tomorrow, it is my nephew's confirmation, and he is far more important than Snooki. Otherwise, I'd be there.

wow, a whole post of excuses and whining. Lame. By the way, we were not surprised to beat you. We are only surprised that when we play, and we mostly win, we don't win by more. I think that's the surprise you saw.

Reaction Score
wow, a whole post of excuses and whining. Lame. By the way, we were not surprised to beat you. We are only surprised that when we play, and we mostly win, we don't win by more. I think that's the surprise you saw.
Uh, Rutgers is 5-5 against UConn since 2001. What have you been sniffing?

U

UConn9604

5-5 with two blowouts (2007, 2012). Guess who won the two blowouts.

Worst program in NCAA history. I hope you sleep well at night.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Uh, Rutgers is 5-5 against UConn since 2001. What have you been sniffing?

My guess is the near toxic fumes just south of Newark.

Reaction Score
Public Service Announcment for UConn Fans - please don't forget to get your tetnus shots before leaving for the rat's nest by the Raritan!

images

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Don't you live in Jersey?

SHHHHH!

(....besides I really live close to New York ... or Philly or...sigh...yes, yes I do.)

Reaction Score
5-5 with two blowouts (2007, 2012). Guess who won the two blowouts.

Worst program in NCAA history. I hope you sleep well at night.

Only an ignorant fan of their own team would call another school the worst program in history, when their own team has lost more games then they've won...wheras RU has an all-time winning record. Now if you were SU saying that, I couldn't argue. But you're not. You are merely UCONN, truly one of the top 5 losingest programs in history.

UCONN all-time record 482–504–38 (.489) Now that is downright embarraing.

RU has had more winning seasons than losing sesons. UCONN has not.

How do I sleep at night? I sleep well knowing we have an all-time record of 21-10 against you, and have won 5 of the last 7, soon to be 6 of the last 8.

That's how I sleep. How do you sleep knowing you are onw of only a handful of teams that has made losing an art, looking up to a.500 lifetime record?

Reaction Score
Only an ignorant fan of their own team would call another school the worst program in history, when their own team has lost more games then they've won...wheras RU has an all-time winning record. Now if you were SU saying that, I couldn't argue. But you're not. You are merely UCONN, truly one of the top 5 losingest programs in history.

How do I sleep at night? I sleep well knowing we have an all-time record of 21-10 against you, and have won 5 of the last 7, soon to be 6 of the last 8.

That's how I sleep. How do you sleep knowing you are onw of only a handful of teams that has made losing an art, looking up to a.500 lifetime record?

still better than NW...way to hang your hat on another meaningless accomplishment by Rutgers.

Must not say much having 2 less conference championships than that downright embarrassing UConn squad! :p

Check out our winning % since upgrading and focusing on football...then find rutgers below us.

http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin/records/calc-wp.pl?start=1869&end=2011&rpct=0&min=5&se=on&by=Win Pct

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Bold call going there given your men's basketball team...but I digress.

U

UConn9604

You must know that I didn't just make that up, right? I mean, you have to have read these words before...

The record is pathetic. Rutgers's program has gone from college football's first—the Scarlet Knights beat Princeton 6-4 on Nov. 6, 1869, in the sport's inaugural game—to arguably its worst. Consider:
  • Rutgers has suffered 19 losses by 40 points or more in the last seven seasons. Those defeats include the expected pummelings by Miami and Notre Dame, but one came against Temple and four against West Virginia, including an 80-7 defeat in 2001.
  • The Scarlet Knights have won nine Big East games in the past decade, none since 1999. Their last winning season was 1992.
  • Rutgers was 1-11 last year, losing its first two home games to Division I-AA Villanova and I-A newcomer Buffalo by a combined 41 points. "I was with some friends, and the score rolled across the screen and they said, 'You lost to Buffalo,' " says Deron Cherry, Rutgers '81, a six-time NFL Pro Bowl defensive back with the Chiefs who now owns a car dealership and a Budweiser distributorship in Kansas City. "I said, 'You've got to be kidding.' " The Scarlet Knights would go on to finish last in the nation in both total and scoring offense. In two seasons as coach Greg Schiano has three wins, at the expense of Buffalo, Navy and Army.
"Why Can't Rutgers Ever Win?" by Michael Farber, Sports Illustrated, Aug. 25, 2003: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1029535/index.htm

You are admittedly far less embarrassing now than you were then, but you can't make up for 130 years of futility overnight, can you?

Spellcheck, pal.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Your fans are loudmouth New Yorkers who don't know when to stop drinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Your fans are loudmouth New Yorkers who don't know when to stop drinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their fans are in no way, shape or form New Yorkers. they are quite loud and opbnoxious and often view themselves as New Yorkers but all you need to do to know how New Yorkers feel about Jersey is here:

or here:

Reaction Score
Their fans are in no way, shape or form New Yorkers. they are quite loud and opbnoxious and often view themselves as New Yorkers but all you need to do to know how New Yorkers feel about Jersey is here:

or here:

And yet they move to NJ is droves anyway. Funny how that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom