Why don't UCONN fans travel to RU? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Why don't UCONN fans travel to RU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You should have at least properly introduced your self Mr Fingers.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
You should have at least properly introduced your self Mr Fingers.

YES..............
You my friend, have a worldly, cultural understanding worthy of debate.
So odd, so bizarre, so creepy. Weird as ISH. Saladfingers? WTF? Not even sure I understand what the overall messages are in these videos.

Have the same name of the USF boards & not surprisingly, no one picked up on the British reference.

Reaction Score
And New Jersey/New York do not even consider you worthy of the game.
I hope Connecticut understands that they don't count. You don't count. You don't count. You don't count.
Culturally, the Tri-State area does not exist. Sorry.................................
You're still rambling on? Nevermind the Barbie dolls. Commit yourself to an insane asylum.

Uconngal

Visit us at the Thirst and Ten Ambulance
Reaction Score
I was merely sharing my personal experience as to why I have no desire to make the trip to Rutgers again. I can also share that once I was in the stadium in '08 and in my seats I was fortunate enough to sit next to 2 elderly Rutgers fans who were wonderful. My point in posting before was to answer the question that was initially posed. Given the RU responses I would say that I likely would have encountered the same reception if I were to attend this year. I love my team and it bothers me when I can't see them play live. As a mother of several college age children myself I was appalled at the comments that were hurled at me during my visit and believe me I am not one to back down from a few jabs. I can only hope that our fans are respected more this time so that I can feel comfortable making the trip again in 2 years.

Reaction Score
I moved from South Jersey, which is a bit better than the thole that is New Brunswick and above, in December. I am never going back. The amount of stupid in NJ is incredible. The amount of ego is enormous. The amount of hair gel is appalling. And the amount of Rutgers fans remains 25.

Reaction Score
In 2009 I think it was, when rutty visited the Rent, my wife and I were in the fence lane of traffic inching into the grey lot and getting booed and cussed at by all the UCONN fans walking down the fence line. It took me a minute to figure out why. I work for a NJ company and was in my company car with NJ plates. Last year for the rutty game, I made sure I had my UCONN flags on my car windows. Some of our fans are not any better or worse than others.

Reaction Score
Connecticut: The void state.
Connecticut: North Delaware.
Connecticut: ..................................
Connecticut: Where personality goes to die.
Connecticut: Where I get off to pee on the Chinese bus to Boston.

Granted CT does not have as many fist-pumping clubs, tanning parlors, homes with faux marble columns and highway rest areas - but that doesn't mean it has an absence of personality. It just means it doesn't have a lot of cr*p. So in essence, CT is the member of the tri-state that doesn't have a lot of cr*p.

Reaction Score
I went a few years ago to Rutgers for the Uconn rutgers game and was very disappointed in Rutger's tailgating scene. Everyone is in separate parking lots so it didnt even seem like there was a big area with a bunch of people tailgating like at uconn.

Reaction Score
I went a few years ago to Rutgers for the Uconn rutgers game and was very disappointed in Rutger's tailgating scene. Everyone is in separate parking lots so it didnt even seem like there was a big area with a bunch of people tailgating like at uconn.

I don't know where you were but you missed out. Rutgers has the best tailgating scene in the Big East. Tons of grass lots surrounding the stadium with people tailgating.

Reaction Score
I don't know where you were but you missed out. Rutgers has the best tailgating scene in the Big East. Tons of grass lots surrounding the stadium with people tailgating.

Whoa! Sweet!

Reaction Score
Rutgers has the best tailgating scene in the Big East.

it's a decent scene. WV (i realize they are gone now) and UConn are a bit above Rutgers. I enjoyed myself each time I had been there though. Definitly not the best though.

Reaction Score
Been to every bowl game, Michigan, Maryland, WVU, BCU, ND and USF. I find reasons not to go to New Jersey, because, well, it's New Jersey. Might have been the two trips I made to the RAC and they serenaded our men's team with "Overrated" when, umm, we beat them. It's like Philly without the cheese steaks.

Reaction Score
I never see a good amount of you guys at RU. Why? It is so close for you guys and I know we always bring good numbers up to the Rent.
Funny, I was just thinking the same thing. Next year you might want to consider that "less would truly be more". lol

Reaction Score
YES..............
So odd, so bizarre, so creepy. Weird as ISH. Saladfingers? WTF? Not even sure I understand what the overall messages are in these videos.

Have the same name of the USF boards & not surprisingly, no one picked up on the British reference.

so you troll on the USF board as well? very cool...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
And New Jersey/New York do not even consider you worthy of the game.
I hope Connecticut understands that they don't count. You don't count. You don't count. You don't count.
Culturally, the Tri-State area does not exist. Sorry.................................

Did you ever notice how the Jersey guys always add NY when talking about their state. It's like they are ashamed. I get it. New Jersey is a national punchline. It's got to be hard for them. It must be tough to go through life being ashamed of where you live. I feel for them.

Reaction Score
YES..............

There are plenty more of your videos. Say hello to Hubert Cumberdale for me.

U

UConn9604

I never see a good amount of you guys at RU. Why? It is so close for you guys and I know we always bring good numbers up to the Rent.

I'll bite. I missed 2004 because of Thanksgiving, 2006 because it was a Sunday and 2010 because it was a Friday.

I went in 2008 and wasn't heckled: we were 5-1, you were 1-5 (with your one win coming against an FCS school -- obviously), and you sneaked out with a 12-10 win after we missed three FGs and a terrible offensive pass interference call pushed us back 25 yards for the final kick. We spent the entire third quarter inside our own 25, thanks to a few muffs/mistakes by Robbie and Jasper (RIP) in returning kicks and punts, and a third quarter safety was the final margin.

Getting back to my point, no, I definitely wasn't heckled -- in fact, Rutgers Stadium was one of the happiest places on Earth at the time. Your fans literally couldn't believe that you walked out of there with a win and held an All American RB to only 107 yards. Anyway, other than the score, I thoroughly enjoyed the trip to Piscataway. My wife and I made reservations to stay in Manhattan for the night and then we took NJ Transit to New Brunswick and a cab to the RAC/stadium. Then, because it was nice out, we walked the 2-2.5 miles back to the train station through the campus(es) and town, and took NJ Transit back to New York.

I always love playing Rutgers, for the same reason I'd love to play BC again (hint: it's not because I like you).

As for tomorrow, it is my nephew's confirmation, and he is far more important than Snooki. Otherwise, I'd be there.

Reaction Score
Did you ever notice how the Jersey guys always add NY when talking about their state. It's like they are ashamed. I get it. New Jersey is a national punchline. It's got to be hard for them. It must be tough to go through life being ashamed of where you live. I feel for them.
I have relatives in NJ right outside of Philly. They always claim to be from Philly and not NJ. (Although he does work in Philly).

Reaction Score
In 2009 I think it was, when rutty visited the Rent, my wife and I were in the fence lane of traffic inching into the grey lot and getting booed and cussed at by all the UCONN fans walking down the fence line. It took me a minute to figure out why. I work for a NJ company and was in my company car with NJ plates. Last year for the rutty game, I made sure I had my UCONN flags on my car windows. Some of our fans are not any better or worse than others.

It's just like you say. My grandmother travels to all the away RU games (Went to USF/Arkansas/Tulane this year) but she refuses to go up to UCONN anymore, because last time she was there she got cursed out by a bunch of students, and had a beer thrown at her. Again, this is my grandmother, she wasn't exactly instigating anything! I'm sure she just ran into a bunch of jerks, and not all UCONN fans are like that (0f course) but it really does show that it only take a few morons to ruin the reputation of a large group.

If any of you UCONN fans are coming down tomorrow, hope that you only run into us plesant fans, and not the idiot ones!

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
The NYC media does not even see fit to include you in their self fulfilling, masturbatory type press. That's how little you mean in the grand scheme of things.
LOL. Who has their football, men's and women's basketball on SNY again?

Reaction Score
I'll never ever forget a Rutgers fan walking through redlot prior to the game in 09 who said very loudly to a group of tailgaters "tell me how Jasper's doing".

I understand every fanbase has its morons, but that turned the hate on. I will say this though: No better guy could have caught that touchdown pass than a friend of Jasper's even if it was a terrible loss to swallow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom