Why do they have replay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I hate replay for three reasons:

1. Games are longer
2. Refs are timid
3. They don't even get the calls right

That TD replay just confirmed in the Penn State game is laughable. The ball isn't even in contact with his hands and his next step is out of bounds.

Ban replay. Play the games.
Anyone who lived before replay knows that the refs completely suck and replay has made a huge difference for the better.

You can complain about a bad replay call here and there. But before replay it was a total mess with the refs making mistake after mistake.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
In the balance I prefer replay. I think there should be a max 1 minute time limit put on the replay call though. 30-40 seconds to see various camera angles, 20 - 30 seconds to make the call. What drives me nuts are the replays that are so freaking obvious that the call should be easily made in 30 seconds which seem to drag on forever.

Reaction Score
? The "old" rules in the NHL were this? Too many teams played for a tie, as the single point is valuable. It led to boring conservative 3rd periods and OT.

Not shocking the soccerheads will like boring and low-scoring. :)

I don't watch hockey, but if you get 3 points for a win and 1 for a tie, how could hockey teams be stupid enough to play for ties where going 1-2 is as good as tieing three teams, but getting to 2-1 is twice as good?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
People argue replay makes baseball too long. It's probably shorter than watching the manager scream for as long as he feels like it.

Why DOES replay take so long? By the 3rd angle it's usually either clear one way or no evidence. For us at home and the commentators we get it done in 15 seconds how does it take several minutes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom