Who is your Husky Football Mt. Rushmore? What Say You? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who is your Husky Football Mt. Rushmore? What Say You?

Reaction Score
Seriously, are there enough AllAmerican types to warrant a Mount Rushmore? I don't know if there are enough for a single Lincoln Memorial.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Had a very specific (and basic) methodology for my list: Orlovsky, Torkelson and Sherman had long NFL careers, after those three iy is splitting hairs to determine which of our players is number four. With that in mind I went with our best college player/highest draft pick to complete the four.

Reaction Score
Seriously, are there enough AllAmerican types to warrant a Mount Rushmore? I don't know if there are enough for a single Lincoln Memorial.
There are two richards named Greg, one is a Syracuse fan and one is a PC fan. Which one are you?

Reaction Score
With the heat, humidity and rain that's been with us all of July, it's got me thinking ahead to the fall and Husky Football. What name comes up first when you think UCONN football. Better yet, who is your Mt Rushmore of Husky footballers. Might be recent (past 20 years) or deep into the recesses of Memorial Stadium - think Vince Clements and Nick Giaquinto. (some of my buddies from the Jungle can think back and come up with some candidates - just no Walt Nadzak or Rick Forzano references) Here's my four based on the impact that they made to the program.

• Dan Orlovsky
  • Randy Edsall
  • Will Beatty
  • Donald Brown

Tough to leave off Byron Jones, and his buddies Kendall and Sio.

Name your four to beat some of this heat. No wrong answers.
Orlovsky
Brown
Mitchell
Lutrus

Reaction Score
There are two richards named Greg, one is a Syracuse fan and one is a PC fan. Which one are you?
1689544790445.gif

Reaction Score
In that case an answer would be; Hey, more All-Americans than the cuse in the last twenty years. I'm thinking we may have as many or more draft picks during that time too. Thats saying something considering... I had always thought that it takes work to be a richard, but for Gregs, it seems to come quite easily, almost naturally if you will.. We may very well have another AA in OG Haynes, Btw.

Reaction Score
Mount Rushmore (the Brand)

Dan Orlovsky - The OG D1A franchise
Donald Brown - The Most dominant player of D1 era
Darius Butler - Most Talented - 2 way, NFL, etc
Anthony Sherman - The Captain - NFL All Pro, Best Nickname Award

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
If the Rushmore is founding fathers vice all-time bests: Brown, Orlovsky, Fincher. Terry Cauley was sort of the Kevin Freeman of football - first one to make me think me we could be good... Honorable mention for Zach Hurd, maybe because I lived in Waterford as a kid.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
John Contoulis wow. Had him for a Phys Ed teacher at Fitch in Groton many years ago. Ex Giant. He was a big human being, big red hair, big mustache...
Freshman football coach too. I think he had a cup of coffee as a pro wrestler (the mad greek)...

Reaction Score
Mount Rushmore (the Brand)

Dan Orlovsky - The OG D1A franchise
Donald Brown - The Most dominant player of D1 era
Darius Butler - Most Talented - 2 way, NFL, etc
Anthony Sherman - The Captain - NFL All Pro, Best Nickname Award
This is my vote

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Living in FLA
JC? Nice to hear he's still kicking. Fun guy but you didn't want to get him mad. He could give a Charley horse that would last a month. We used to skip classes and hang out in his gym classes.

Reaction Score
JC? Nice to hear he's still kicking. Fun guy but you didn't want to get him mad. He could give a Charley horse that would last a month. We used to skip classes and hang out in his gym classes.
LOL, no you would not. He allowed things get to a certain point but once that was crossed...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom