Who is your Husky Football Mt. Rushmore? What Say You? | The Boneyard

Who is your Husky Football Mt. Rushmore? What Say You?

Reaction Score
With the heat, humidity and rain that's been with us all of July, it's got me thinking ahead to the fall and Husky Football. What name comes up first when you think UCONN football. Better yet, who is your Mt Rushmore of Husky footballers. Might be recent (past 20 years) or deep into the recesses of Memorial Stadium - think Vince Clements and Nick Giaquinto. (some of my buddies from the Jungle can think back and come up with some candidates - just no Walt Nadzak or Rick Forzano references) Here's my four based on the impact that they made to the program.

• Dan Orlovsky
  • Randy Edsall
  • Will Beatty
  • Donald Brown

Tough to leave off Byron Jones, and his buddies Kendall and Sio.

Name your four to beat some of this heat. No wrong answers.

Reaction Score
Orlovsky and Brown are easy top 2. The other 2 could go in all different directions. If Jackson Mitchell gets votes then Christian Haynes should be considered.

Who is the top defensive player in UConn FBS history? Butler, Jones, Lutrus, Blidi, Branch, Lansanah or others. No coach yet. Reserved for Mora

Last edited:

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Orlovsky and D. Brown should be there for sure. I'd hope one day Mora can go up there but it's premature for that. Thank you Edsall for your first stint with the program but the second one was so bad that I don't know how you can argue that he should be included.

Reaction Score
That is hard to say:

Shane Stafford
John Dorsey
Dan O.
Skip Holtz (Leading us to the first ever playoffs)
(Dave Benedict should be there, JO Christianson Jim Mora Brent Youmark (if we get a B12 invite) Eric Torkleson even Jazz Howard)

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
What a tough decision.
I think Orlovsky has to be on it. Donald Brown is up there. It's hard to keep Jasper Howard off of it... the #6 means so much to our football history. Those 3 would probably be difficult to keep off the mountain.

For the 4th spot, you could go a bunch of different ways. Darius Butler, Jordan Todman, Byron Jones, Andre Dixon, etc. Or you could go old school with Nick Giaquinto, etc.

Blidi Wreh-Wilson and Dwayne Gratz get honorable mention too, along with more than a few linebackers over the years as well...

Reaction Score
This is tough first thing in the morning :)

Mount Rushmore Huskies

Dan Orlovsky
Donald Brown
Anthony Sherman
Darius Butler

Crazy Horse Memorial Monument (same concept)

Randy Edsall

Reaction Score

YK4818kR_400x400.jpeg

1549745290_Paul Pasqualoni.jpg

Reaction Score

gd2jpg-9a28c1a620fcf66a.jpg

1200x0.jpg

J/K

Orlovsky, Lutrus, Brown, Beatty (Sherman HM)

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
If we celebrate NBA lottery picks for hoops, then it might be appropriate to celebrate Super Bowl and All-Pro achievements for football. In that vein, I propose Giaquinto, Beatty, Sherman, and Jones.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
With the heat, humidity and rain that's been with us all of July, it's got me thinking ahead to the fall and Husky Football. What name comes up first when you think UCONN football. Better yet, who is your Mt Rushmore of Husky footballers. Might be recent (past 20 years) or deep into the recesses of Memorial Stadium - think Vince Clements and Nick Giaquinto. (some of my buddies from the Jungle can think back and come up with some candidates - just no Walt Nadzak or Rick Forzano references) Here's my four based on the impact that they made to the program.

• Dan Orlovsky
  • Randy Edsall
  • Will Beatty
  • Donald Brown

Tough to leave off Byron Jones, and his buddies Kendall and Sio.

Name your four to beat some of this heat. No wrong answers.
In this order-

Dan O.
Donald Brown
Darius Butler
Blue and White Kid

Alternate: Tyler Lorenzen- Loved watching that kid play. Confounded a lot of D's with his running ability and decision making. IIRC hand injury diminished his passing ability, or I believe he would have had even more success.

Reaction Score
Our football Mt Rushmore is very much under construction. Projecting ahead ten years hopefully Mora is #1 and everyone else a distant second.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom