Who can beat them? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Who can beat them?

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
In the tournament I would be most worried about a team with several great perimeter shooters. Those teams can beat anyone if they all catch fire in a given game.

Reaction Score
Kansas was the only team that actually dominated UCONN head to head for long periods, especially if Tristan didn't have an all world game.

Tristan’s night was offset by Cam’s awful night. Combined they were 12/30 and 7/16 which combined is one decent night.

And we had no Castle; Solo started that game. I wouldn’t take a ton from that game.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Any team who is a top 10 offensive team can beat us if we are not shooting well. If we get our defensive metrics closer or into the top ten then maybe that list contracts a bit.

Reaction Score
Any team who is a top 10 offensive team can beat us if we are not shooting well. If we get our defensive metrics closer or into the top ten then maybe that list contracts a bit.
Who cares about our metrics. It’s been well demonstrated (even via metrics) that our metrics without Clingan is what’s dragged us down. We are top ten when he’s available.

Reaction Score
Kansas. Seton Hall.

In other words, anyone if we don't play well.
I’m assuming(big assumption) that the OP was insinuating that there aren’t many teams who can beat us when we play well.

Otherwise the conversation is dumb. Of course we can play a stinker

Reaction Score
Just saw Marquette, it will be a battle, Kolek is good. Purdue also yesterday with Smith. It all rests on our D not our shooting so much. We shut them down we have a lot of other ways to score besides 3’s. Castle inside, assists to the bigs etc. We have a helluva team.

Reaction Score
Who can beat us? "Ourselves" if the team starts to think like the title of this thread states. The mindset needs to be that we can lose to anyone on any given day. There is a huge target on our backs. For some reason I have watched a lot of Houston, Tenn, & Marquette. Houston's D is soooo tough. Tenn is overrated in my mind, and you never know which Marquette team will show up, though they seem to look like they are hitting their stride. That game in Milwaukee will be a good one, but even if we lose, we will get a high 1 seed no doubt with a BE Title to enjoy.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Seton Hall and Marquette in the NBE will give this team fits,
Plenty of teams if everything clicks outside the NBE
This UConn team is not unbeatable but has been playing really good ball
The NBE is not the strongest this season

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I don’t agree. We have 5 different guys who can score 20+. So if a couple of them start cold, the other 3 players will pick up the slack. We saw that recently happen against Xavier. Unselfish play ensures that we constantly get good shots for our hotter shooters.
Please explain the Seton Hall game

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
We had three injuries versus Kansas. IJS

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Sometimes there are just bad matchups and seton hall is just a terrible matchup for us. The worst in the country based on how our season has gone so far.

Reaction Score
The only title contender we’ve beaten is UNC and they’re overrated. Let’s see how we do against Marquette before we start with this

Reaction Score
This is sour grapes but I seem to remember them driving to the rim at will and making every ridiculous shot they put up. I also remember us getting screwed by the refs even if we didn’t play great.

Reaction Score
This is sour grapes but I seem to remember them driving to the rim at will and making every ridiculous shot they put up. I also remember us getting screwed by the refs even if we didn’t play great.
and uhhhh a 7'3 problem occured mid game

Reaction Score
Seriously, how many teams in the country can beat this UConn team? Obviously anything can happen in the tournament. But they look like a lock for the BE title, BE tournament title and Final Four.

Here are the teams that can compete with uconn:
Purdue
Tennessee
Kansas.

Teams that make me nervous:
Marquette
Arizona.

Overrated:
Houston
Duke
Illinois.
A lot of those teams can beat us on the right day. But, I really worry about Purdue. I think of Emeka fouling out three Duke players in 2004, and wondering if Edey would do that to us.

Reaction Score
I rewatched that game. UConn was up until DC got his second foul, SH took the lead by a little and then when DC got hurt a close game became a blowout. If DC didn’t get hurt I bet it’s a UConn win or a loss by a couple of points.

Reaction Score
Those the gods would destroy, they first make proud.
Let‘s ease up with this stuff..

Reaction Score
Seriously, how many teams in the country can beat this UConn team? Obviously anything can happen in the tournament. But they look like a lock for the BE title, BE tournament title and Final Four.

Here are the teams that can compete with uconn:
Purdue
Tennessee
Kansas.

Teams that make me nervous:
Marquette
Arizona.

Overrated:
Houston
Duke
Illinois.
Anything is possible but posing the question with a little more context lets just say playing their best who beats this team? I want to say Purdue and maybe Arizona on their A game. If this team locks in like they did last march i think we see a re run of last years tournament where we run through everyone including Purdue if they face off. Loney and Smith are going to have to deal with Castle, Newton, Spencer, Diarra and Ball every minute theyre on the court. Good luck with that. I think Zona has the better chance and maybe Auburn from what ive heard but i havent seen enough of them.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I'm afraid of Clingan getting into foul trouble and the result is Karaban getting into foul trouble.

Clingan has been getting into foul trouble lately. If he picks up two cheapies against Marquette we could really struggle to keep them from scoring. Our defense was not very good during that stretch Donovan missed. Also, in the Big East Tournament last year we couldn't stop anything Marquette was doing, to the point where we had to go zone for the rest of the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom