Who can beat them? | The Boneyard

Who can beat them?

Reaction Score
Seriously, how many teams in the country can beat this UConn team? Obviously anything can happen in the tournament. But they look like a lock for the BE title, BE tournament title and Final Four.

Here are the teams that can compete with uconn:
Purdue
Tennessee
Kansas.

Teams that make me nervous:
Marquette
Arizona.

Overrated:
Houston
Duke
Illinois.

Reaction Score
I’m not nearly as confident as you. Yes, I agree they look like the best team in all of college basketball but there is always the chance that we have an off game and someone else plays a good game. Just look back at the Seton Hall loss that nobody anticipated. Enjoy the win and get ready for the next one,

Reaction Score
If we don't shoot ourselves in the foot with unforced errors like missing free throws and dumb fouls, very few are as good. Leaning on last year's experience, few will be as battle tested. You have guys who can take a game over and 2 of the smartest college basketball players in the nation.

I worry about a team that has both fast guards and a big who can play outside, that would see to be our weakness if we stuck to man defense. Maybe a team that is just bombs away from 3?

It's a strong team with very few weaknesses in a year where the top 25 doesn't feel very top heavy. I would love to get another shot at Kansas as they barely beat us at home vs an multiplayer injured squad.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Many teams on a great day when UConn is even a little bit off. ]
It's going to be hard for other teams to have a great day against us. I'm more worried about a good day for them/no shots falling for us scenario.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Stephen Colbert Thinking GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Seriously, how many teams in the country can beat this UConn team? Obviously anything can happen in the tournament. But they look like a lock for the BE title, BE tournament title and Final Four.

Purdue
Tennessee
Kansas.

Marquette
Arizona.

Overrated:
Houston
Duke
Illinois.
I agree with your list. I have no clue how good or bad Houston is. We’ll find out soon how we matchup with Marquette. We’ll beat Kansas on a neutral court. Tennessee looks like a good team. We would probably handle Purdue. I’m not too worried about anyone, if we remain healthy. I guess Tennessee would worry me the most.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
I don’t agree. We have 5 different guys who can score 20+. So if a couple of them start cold, the other 3 players will pick up the slack. We saw that recently happen against Xavier. Unselfish play ensures that we constantly get good shots for our hotter shooters.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
A team who gets hot and hits contested three point shots. They have to hit 12 to 15 threes as a team and shoot in the mid 40’s. This is college basketball. That is what worries me most. If this was a multi game series format like then I might be saying who could beat us.

Reaction Score

Purdue
Tennessee
Kansas.

Marquette
Arizona.

Overrated:
Houston
Duke
Illinois.
I bet a team like Seton hall can beat us.... seriously though if you run into a teddy allen shooting performance sometimes it doesnt matter. I am starting to think this is our best team ever but no sure things in march

Reaction Score
Ok I will try to do the anti mojo jinx. We’re not even good those teams will beat us by 25. DOOMED

Reaction Score
I had a thread on our possible vulnerabilities in which I thought maybe it was Samson but geez he looked good today! Think about this: Today Spencer, Clingan and Newton didnt score a lot and we romped with other guys. Of course Newton had 9 assists.
So, if we’re healthy I’d rather be on us than anybody else in the country. Tougher part of schedule coming, but we’ll see soon.

Reaction Score
If we don't shoot ourselves in the foot with unforced errors like missing free throws and dumb fouls, very few are as good. Leaning on last year's experience, few will be as battle tested. You have guys who can take a game over and 2 of the smartest college basketball players in the nation.

I worry about a team that has both fast guards and a big who can play outside, that would see to be our weakness if we stuck to man defense. Maybe a team that is just bombs away from 3?

It's a strong team with very few weaknesses in a year where the top 25 doesn't feel very top heavy. I would love to get another shot at Kansas as they barely beat us at home vs a multiplayer injured squad.
So who are those teams?

Reaction Score
I normally would agree with that setiment. But I’ve been at this for 30 years, and from the staff that brought it together, to the the athleticism of our guys. The culture, the fans being up and ready to go. The fact the the best coaching staff in the nation has the most ceraberal, athletic players. Someone is going to have to rip it from our cold, dead hands. I may be outside myself, but facts are facts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom