Who are UConn’s top 5 recruits | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who are UConn’s top 5 recruits

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Earl Kelley was the highest scoring high school player in the country when he committed to UCONN. Good for UCONN, maybe not so good for Earl.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I'd explain Caron's ranking but last week in another thread when I tried to do that I had one poster who wanted to cut my head off for the explanation since he was adamant that Caron was the 47th ranked recruit in the 2000 class. So I won't do it again. :)

well I missed it

I know there were some issues with his past that had scared others away. Obviously, Caron chose the right man to be his father

I thought he was like 19/20, but I'm not positive.

Chin says he was 5, I don't remember him being that high but like I said, I'm not sure

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Did some quick checking

Services I found had Butler 12, 20 and 47 in his class

Interesting sidebar, Taliek Brown was number 10 in Butler's class

Did anyone mention him?

Reaction Score
well I missed it

I know there were some issues with his past that had scared others away. Obviously, Caron chose the right man to be his father

I thought he was like 19/20, but I'm not positive.

Chin says he was 5, I don't remember him being that high but like I said, I'm not sure
Here's the post.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
I will double down on recalling that Corny Thompson was considered the second best high school player in his class. Then the 7’ Aleksinias transferred back into the state (from Kentucky I believe).

I always wondered what Calhoun could have done with a front court of Thompson, Aleksinias and McKay.

Reaction Score
Wasn't 'Yell a top five recruit. I thought he was #3 in his class.
I recall the local newspaper (Norwich Bulletin) had a piece on him in the USA Today insert, and they had him listed as #8. It was the first time I had ever heard read a piece on recruiting, (I was about 13, so what I read stuck). But, I have no idea where that #8 came from back then.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I was curious about this so I did a quick search on 247 and the top 10 recruits they have listed all time is...

Rudy Gay
Stephon Castle
Charlie Villanueva
Andrew Bynum
Kemba Walker
Daniel Hamilton
Alex Oriahki
Jalen Adams
Daniel Hamilton
DeAndre Daniels
Stanley Robinson

I am not quite sure what the criteria was for this list though.

Reaction Score
Caron went to prep school and some recruiting services didn't rank prep players against HS players.

Every service who included him on their rankings had him top 5.

Seems weird to believe anyone wouldn't understand it.
Yup. And because of that the consensus rankings were off and sometimes you'd see him ranked in like the 30s on the consensus rankings. But anyone who had him ranked had him in the top 10 anyway.

Reaction Score
One of our most important recruits was Donyell Marshall. Wasnt he about 9th ranked in the country? That opened the floodgates to other high recruits. Still remember his first in game 3.

Reaction Score
I was curious about this so I did a quick search on 247 and the top 10 recruits they have listed all time is...

Rudy Gay
Stephon Castle
Charlie Villanueva
Andrew Bynum
Kemba Walker
Daniel Hamilton
Alex Oriahki
Jalen Adams
Daniel Hamilton
DeAndre Daniels
Stanley Robinson

I am not quite sure what the criteria was for this list though.
I think the criteria is how good they were at basketball.

I’m sorry, I couldn’t help myself.

Reaction Score
Historically who are the top 5 men’s basketball recruits?
When I saw this, I interpreted it to mean, who was the top 5 players in UConn history .... I have no interest in what the evaluators were saying, as far as who was the highest rated ... I think it's almost silly because everyone has an opinion and why not just ask the question is who or what agency was the best evaluator of high school talent ... why would anyone care???

Reaction Score
When I saw this, I interpreted it to mean, who was the top 5 players in UConn history .... I have no interest in what the evaluators were saying, as far as who was the highest rated ... I think it's almost silly because everyone has an opinion and why not just ask the question is who or what agency was the best evaluator of high school talent ... why would anyone care???
Look, you have a great point. It doesn’t matter at all - but, it’s the off season, and it’s frivolous fodder until November/. Apart from that, and recruiting, this board has no use until October?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom