Whitmer | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Whitmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Play calling has the majority of the blame........The OLine was awful and he was constantly throwing with people in his face or on him but Whitmer needs to take some too, has to read better, quit trying to thread the needle and also staring down his target. BUt he also makes some athletic plays which would be sacks or fumbles with the ex-QB.......they need him to be better as he is by far their best option.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
but after one game how are you sure Tennessee is any good?
I never avoid giving credit when due, but i won't pretend a sub-par team is good when they?! aren't.

Yeah, good point, Millinium. After one game, I can't have any idea if Tennessee is any good, but after two games, you can be absolutely certain that NCState is sub-par. Solid scientific reasoning, buddy...:confused:

Reaction Score
10-16 68 yards, 17 yards rushing, 1 fumble. 0 picks

Not overwhelming numbers, but he protected the ball, and converted some key first downs. Looking back at things now, it was unrealistic to think that whitmer would tear it up in his first D1 games. He needs time to gain experience. If whitmer didn't throw 3 picks last week uconn beats NC state.

Negatives: Work in progress. He's made some dumb throws, his lack of height can be challenging, and it seems that he struggles with the speed of the game sometimes. Question? Can he really throw the deep ball? It seems like when he throws deep, there's so much air under that ball, it kind of hangs in the air and dies. Reminds me of chad pennington a little.

Positives: He's definately more accurate than J mac. He's completed 58 percent of his throws. He's a competitor he's not scared out there. He's going to get better at reading coverages and if he makes good decisions he'll be realitively good at the position. He'll throw for 200 yards a game and complete over 60 percent of his passes.

Reaction Score
I now I've repeated myself in many threads, but I'd like to see what the kid could do if allowed to develop a rhythm. Give three, four consecutive series, where we are not handing the ball off every first down or he is getting yanked in favor of the wildcat immediately after completing a pass on third and long for first down. I actually feel bad for the kid with the way he is being yo-yod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom