Whitmer will be awesome next year! | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Whitmer will be awesome next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No, Whitmer does not deserve to play because he stuck it out or that he's a great kid or blah blah. Whitmer deserves to play because he's currently the best quarterback on the roster. Period. I can't make it any clearer than that. Anyone who believes that he isn't the best quarterback on the roster is just kidding themselves...
The point is there is not enough of a sample size on Boyle to make that claim.

And if Diaco had played Boyle more earlier, who is to say he couldn't make up the difference?

Whitmer doesn't give us the best chance to win, based on his performance.

Reaction Score
I have seen neither win a game in 2 plus years so who cares at this point? Foxx won SB game, Whitmer will play out the string, protecting Boyle like it's been all season. Hope Whit finally wins a game, and throws 300 yards each time in his final year.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The point is there is not enough of a sample size on Boyle to make that claim.

And if Diaco had played Boyle more earlier, who is to say he couldn't make up the difference?

If 150 throws isn't enough sample size from Boyle for you to say that Whitmer is better, then that means that you are either stubborn or dumb. And I don't care which...

Reaction Score
Chandler Whitmer is a poor college qb, who can sometimes play mediocre to decent. However, he has shown a ton of heart this year, and is as tough as nails.

Here are my thoughts on Tim Boyle: He has been terrible in the limited action he has seen dating back to last season. He consistently sails passes over intended targets and appears to have trouble reading defenses. With that said, I think he needs to see a significant chunk of game action this season. A half, or a whole game. It has to be determined if he can be a starter for this team. So far, the answer is no as he has looked greatly overmatched. But so did CC initially, and then he had a nice end of the season.

I say let Boyle start against the most atrocious team in the nation, SMU. If he can't succeed against them, it might be time to look at other options next year.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score

Nor does Boyle - put in Shireffs - I dont care about NCAA regulations. Have him put on Boyles number, no one will know its Shireffs, unless he throws complete passes to UConn players...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom