WHICH NON UCONN MATCHUPS ARE YOU MOST INTERESTED IN SEEING? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

WHICH NON UCONN MATCHUPS ARE YOU MOST INTERESTED IN SEEING?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Looking forward to RU at TN. RU is soooo due!!!

With 6'2" SR Lee returning from injury, 6'2" (plays bigger) SR Oliver along with 6'3" FR Butts (ESPN #75), 6'3" FR Hollivay (ESPN #9) make for a tough front line.

Senior leadership at guard with Wheeler along with the excellent but erratic soph duo of Laney and Cantey.

TN would have the advantage at guard but RU has the frontcourt advantage. Should be a fun game to watch.

Hollivay is more 6'5ish than 6'3, and you forgot Christa Evans 6'3 Soph. who had one of her best games last year against Tennessee.

But I agree with you, our biggest question marks are at the guard positions. CVS stated at the end of last year that our starting PG would be Shakena Richardson. So it will be interesting to see what CVS does with rotation since we have so much depth this year, it's going to hard to find enough minutes for everyone. But that's what's so exciting.

Overrall I think we have the advantage over Tennessee. We are so due! Tired of them having our number.

But in the meantime, here's too us beating them out for (HG#9) Tyler Scaife. Who's apparently visiting RU this weekend along with Ieshia Small(HG#19) based on their twitter interactions.
:p

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Duke vs Maryland (the one in Cameron)

Duke vs Cal ..... The Stanford Coach ran her mouth last year about how the freshman PG for the Bears might be better than Chelsea Gray...

Maryland -- Delaware

Aside from all the Rutgers games.

I really want to see...

Delaware/Maryland
Texas A&M/Tennessee
UConn/Baylor

And some Gerogia Tech games, I'm interested in seeing them and seeing how they move on without Goodlet.

Ga Tech hosts Tennessee very early in the season... within the first few games I believe.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

I really want to see...

Delaware/Maryland
Texas A&M/Tennessee
UConn/Baylor

And some Gerogia Tech games, I'm interested in seeing them and seeing how they move on without Goodlet.

Goodlet had a nice game tonight against the Sun. 9 points, 4 rebounds in only 8 minutes.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Duke vs Maryland (the one in Cameron)

Duke vs Cal ..... The Stanford Coach ran her mouth last year about how the freshman PG for the Bears might be better than Chelsea Gray...

Maryland -- Delaware

Ga Tech hosts Tennessee very early in the season... within the first few games I believe.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot that Ga Tech and Tennessee played. Should be a good game.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
My serious answer to the question is as follows:

The general consensus is that Baylor is #1 until someone proves otherwise, and the only team who has much of a chance to do so is UConn. Duke, meanwhile, is the clear #3, and then there's a logjam of teams that make up #4-#11 that are far less differentiated.

So my questions for the season are:

• How do Baylor and UConn fare against common opponents?
  • What is closer: the distance between Duke and UConn, or the distance between Duke and #4?
  • Of the logjam behind Duke, do we truly have parity, or will some of those teams stand out over the course of the season?
Clearly, any game that sheds light onto any of those questions is going to be of interest to me.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

The general consensus is that Baylor is #1 until someone proves otherwise, and the only team who has much of a chance to do so is UConn. Duke, meanwhile, is the clear #3, and then there's a logjam of teams that make up #4-#11 that are far less differentiated.

So my questions for the season are:

• How do Baylor and UConn fare against common opponents?
  • What is closer: the distance between Duke and UConn, or the distance between Duke and #4?
  • Of the logjam behind Duke, do we truly have parity, or will some of those teams stand out over the course of the season?
Clearly, any game that sheds light onto any of those questions is going to be of interest to me.

Duke is closer to 4 than 2. UCONN is pretty much on equal ground with Baylor and those two are about as clear cut at 1 and 2 as we've ever seen. Lots of parity after 1 and 2.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

I haven't seen the poll yet (it's not online) but I understand Athlon's preseason poll ranks Duke #2 and UConn #3. Of course these polls don't matter but this does make you wonder what some are thinking.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I haven't seen the poll yet (it's not online) but I understand Athlon's preseason poll ranks Duke #2 and UConn #3. Of course these polls don't matter but this does make you wonder what some are thinking.
If that is true, Athlon just lost what credibility they may have had. I mean, come on, now.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
If that is true, Athlon just lost what credibility they may have had. I mean, come on, now.

My source is the St John's website which posted a story this week on the upcoming season. The story included this:

"The official start of the 2012-13 college basketball season is weeks away, yet the Joe Tartamella Era of women’s basketball at St. John’s is off to a momentous start and making an early mark in the media circuit as the Red Storm were ranked in the top 23 in two of the major basketball preview magazines, released in mid-September.

The Red Storm was ranked 12th by Lindy’s Sports and No. 23 by Athlon Sports, it is the fourth-straight year St. John’s was featured in these prestigious preseason publications.

Both magazines picked Baylor as the unanimous No. 1 but alternate the No. 2 and No. 3 ranking with Connecticut and Duke, both opponents for the Red Storm in 2012-13."

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I'm intrigued by this concept of games not involving Uconn and wish to know more. Does this phenomenon have a website?
Ah, The dry wit is alive and well I see.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I failed to disclose to yall that i was on the Athlon committee in charge of the rankings :p

Reaction Score

I really want to see...

Delaware/Maryland
Texas A&M/Tennessee
UConn/Baylor

You are the first one i saw with UConn/Baylor matchup and also Delaware match up..What interest me Elle Della Don she will go number 2 or three in draft, but she is a mystery..I saw her play in high school at the UHartford in a tourament and she is smooth,but never seems to play any quality teams and iam not sure if she wants to play in WNBA she then would have to leave her home.I wanted to get your take on her.She has all the moves and at that height and her ball handling skills are great but there is something there that i don"t know if she can take the grind everyday with higher caliber ball players

I know i spelled her name wrong

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
You are the first one i saw with UConn/Baylor matchup and also Delaware match up..What interest me Elle Della Don she will go number 2 or three in draft, but she is a mystery..I saw her play in high school at the UHartford in a tourament and she is smooth,but never seems to play any quality teams and iam not sure if she wants to play in WNBA she then would have to leave her home.I wanted to get your take on her.She has all the moves and at that height and her ball handling skills are great but there is something there that i don"t know if she can take the grind everyday with higher caliber ball players

I know i spelled her name wrong

EDD is hands down my favorite player in the country besides all the Rutgers players, of course. I don't think I've seen a better offensive player at her height. She's just so smooth, and her offensive game is flawless. Her defensive game needs some work, but she makes up for her foot speed with her height, and ability to block shots.

She has stated that she will play in the WNBA, and she will go wherever she's drafted. However, she said she doesn't know if she could play overseas.

And she did play on the College National team last summer against some good quality teams, and she lead that team in scoring, and the coach said she was the best player on the team. That team included Nneka Ogwumike & Skylar Diggins.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
EDD is hands down my favorite player in the country besides all the Rutgers players, of course. I don't think I've seen a better offensive player at her height. She's just so smooth, and her offensive game is flawless. Her defensive game needs some work, but she makes up for her foot speed with her height, and ability to block shots.

She has stated that she will play in the WNBA, and she will go wherever she's drafted. However, she said she doesn't know if she could play overseas.

And she did play on the College National team last summer against some good quality teams, and she lead that team in scoring, and the coach said she was the best player on the team. That team included Nneka Ogwumike & Skylar Diggins.

She is very good, but I cannot put her ahead of Nneka. Nneka has gained increased respect from me after the FF game and her performances in the WNBA. I cannot imagine EDD hitting the WNBA with such ferocity and will to perform as Nneka has. Nneka is a flat-out baller.

Nneka has such great self-motivation to perform and improve. She is constant energy and does not get out worked by anyone. I have a feeling that she is going to improve her three point shooting and when she does, watch out.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
She is very good, but I cannot put her ahead of Nneka. Nneka has gained increased respect from me after the FF game and her performances in the WNBA. I cannot imagine EDD hitting the WNBA with such ferocity and will to perform as Nneka has. Nneka is a flat-out baller.

Nneka has such great self-motivation to perform and improve. She is constant energy and does not get out worked by anyone. I have a feeling that she is going to improve her three point shooting and when she does, watch out.

Comparing Nneka and EDD is like comparing apples and oranges. Sorry, but I prefer oranges. :p

I think EDD will hit the WNBA running, just like Nneka did. The different most likely will be that Nneka had players like Parker, and Beard to take pressure off of her. EDD and Griner most likely will be the go to players on their teams.

Reaction Score
I knew it, I was being sarcastic :) I am 100% German. My other favorite word like that is Fremdschämen, which is feeling shame at someone else's actions.
Two points:

Few people realize there is more German blood flowing in the veins of Americans than that of any other single nationality.

Schadenfreude has been considered English by Merriam-Webster for some 50 years now. Haven't checked, but it's most likely the Oxford English Dictionary does not. You must understand, however, that the Brits are still in denial of the status of such words as 'nougat' and 'nova' (the stellar explosion).

Reaction Score

I hope she can play in the WNBA,if you look at the league as a whole every year it seems to get better and better and i hope she can hack it and i really don't care if she goes overseas.What iam waiting for is to see if she can play against some of the best players in the world, playing with good players sometimes makes you look
even better,but i do believe like you that she is a great talent i just wish she played in a better conference

SHE IS VERY VERY SMOOTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog