WHICH NON UCONN MATCHUPS ARE YOU MOST INTERESTED IN SEEING? | The Boneyard

WHICH NON UCONN MATCHUPS ARE YOU MOST INTERESTED IN SEEING?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Duke - Maryland
Delaware - Maryland
Baylor - Tennessee
UK - Tennessee
UK - Louisville

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I'm intrigued by this concept of games not involving Uconn and wish to know more. Does this phenomenon have a website?

Yes - I can't remember the exact URL at the moment, but I believe it's the sister site to one that Lobo put together for young children: ...www. boysplaybasketballtoo.com

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Baylor vs ND. Expect Baylor to win, but want to see what this ND team looks like against tough competition.
Duke vs Maryland. Should be class of the ACC
Stanford vs California Class of the Pac 12.
Penn State vs Texas A&M. Just to see how good some of the competition is.

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
??????

-Enjoy your posts TDF! The silent video clips are worth 1000 words – a favorite part of the ‘Yard now
- FWIW, I’m at least one UConn fan who honestly has no interest in watching other teams, except I definitely tune in to ESPN’s website full-replays when an upcoming UConn rival is upset, to see how it was done. My interest feels directly proportionate to the degree an opponent is a threat to UConn in the regular season or tournaments.
-So I’d watch any replay if Baylor were somehow upset prior to coming to Hartford (which I doubt will happen; hope UConn gets a shot at being the first). I’m similarly interested in ND or Stanford, who I enjoy thinking as UConn’s real rivals now, because they have had the most recent success against UConn, albeit intermittent. Conversely, I finally lost interest watching UTenn losses in their entirety last year, as their defeats piled up and they faded as any apparent threat to UConn in the NCAA’s (I don’t see that changing soon). My interest will grow should BE rivals like Rutgers ever rise again as serious FF contenders, just as ND did. If your Duke could somehow upset UConn in the coming years (I am admittedly far too bias to imagine how)– you can be certain my interest in Duke would skyrocket.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Stanford @ Tenn Will Stanford ever win another game at TBA in Knoxville?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Baylor - Notre Dame
Stanford - Baylor
Are games I'm interested in.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Baylor - Notre Dame
Stanford - Baylor
Are games I'm interested in.

Baylor by 25+ in both. Stanford without Nneka will find it hard to score and ND lost too much to stay within 30.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I will probably watch TN more than i did last season, just out of morbid curiosity...

If only there was a word to accurately describe the pleasure I derive at the misfortunes of others...

(to be clear, not at Pat's illness. Just the decline of the program in general.)

tennfanatic00

Southern Gentleman
Reaction Score
I believe the word you are searching for is "schadenfreude".

I will probably watch TN more than i did last season, just out of morbid curiosity...

If only there was a word to accurately describe the pleasure I derive at the misfortunes of others...

(to be clear, not at Pat's illness. Just the decline of the program in general.)

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I knew it, I was being sarcastic :) I am 100% German. My other favorite word like that is Fremdschämen, which is feeling shame at someone else's actions.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I knew it, I was being sarcastic :) I am 100% German. My other favorite word like that is Fremdschämen, which is feeling shame at someone else's actions.
That's a great word that really should make it into our national lexicon. We don't have a word for it in English, and it's something one often experiences. Sadly, I'm often embarrassed for others who should be embarrassed or ashamed of themselves and clearly aren't.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Baylor vs Kentucky

UNC vs Tennessee (wish there was a way both teams could lose) :rolleyes:

ND vs Tenn

Stanford vs Cal

Reaction Score
Since 2006, Duke-Maryland has been the best match-up in the ACC. Lots of classic games.

Kentucky-Tennessee has been interesting.

Stanford-Cal seems like it could be good this year.

Purdue-Penn State seems to have been pretty evenly matched.

Delaware-James Madison has been a very good mid-major showdown.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I'll admit that the Stanford Cal games - 2 in one week - will go a long way to deciding the PAC12. While a split is certainly possible, I'll actually believe a Cal victory when they do it. I didn't think Cal looked all that impressive vs. Arizona last year (I was there) and Az was pretty dreadful.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I agree that Duke MD should be interesting.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Aside from all the Rutgers games.

I really want to see...

Delaware/Maryland
Texas A&M/Tennessee
UConn/Baylor

And some Gerogia Tech games, I'm interested in seeing them and seeing how they move on without Goodlet.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Looking forward to RU at TN. RU is soooo due!!!

With 6'2" SR Lee returning from injury, 6'2" (plays bigger) SR Oliver along with 6'3" FR Butts (ESPN #75), 6'3" FR Hollivay (ESPN #9) make for a tough front line.

Senior leadership at guard with Wheeler along with the excellent but erratic soph duo of Laney and Cantey.

TN would have the advantage at guard but RU has the frontcourt advantage. Should be a fun game to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom