When does the semester start? | The Boneyard

When does the semester start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Monday August 29...or Tuesday September 6?

When the captain's scrimmages start, I wonder how many of our kids will still be on the sidelines.
Lots of time before Jump Ball #1...hope they are being cautious with them.

Katie? Crystal? Napheesa? I hope Kia takes a break given all her play during the summer.
Did anyone else have a physical issue over the summer?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Monday August 29...or Tuesday September 6?

When the captain's scrimmages start, I wonder how many of our kids will still be on the sidelines.
Lots of time before Jump Ball #1...hope they are being cautious with them.

Katie? Crystal? Napheesa? I hope Kia takes a break given all her play during the summer.
Did anyone else have a physical issue over the summer?
Unfortunately yes. Camara-Shoulder surgery.
UConn forward Batouly Camara undergoes successful surgery for shoulder injury
and Kyla-finger and Foot.
"Kyla Irwin, also a member of the freshman class, showed up at the golf tournament with a cast protecting a broken finger and a walking boot on her left foot."
UConn women have seen the injuries pile up in the offseason.

Reactions: HGN

HGN

Reaction Score
Unfortunately yes. Camara-Shoulder surgery.
UConn forward Batouly Camara undergoes successful surgery for shoulder injury
and Kyla-finger and Foot.
"Kyla Irwin, also a member of the freshman class, showed up at the golf tournament with a cast protecting a broken finger and a walking boot on her left foot."
UConn women have seen the injuries pile up in the offseason.
Looks like they all will be ready to go with the first practice in October...............Of course its a moot point with Camara since she will have to sit out this season as a transfer.
But for Irwin, Crystal, Naphessa and Katie Lou , they will be ready to go.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Looks like they all will be ready to go with the first practice in October.....Of course its a moot point with Camara since she will have to sit out this season as a transfer.
But for Irwin, Crystal, Naphessa and Katie Lou , they will be ready to go.
I hope so. That October (first practice) thing is a really outdated Simi-technical milestone. The team will begin "practice"/workout the very first morning everyone is back on campus and I would not be surprised if the team came back earlier than the rest of UCONN students. If both Kyla & Camara aren't ready until October then you don't have anyone pushing Natalie in those practices. That would be my big concern with injuries at this point.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I hope that Blake gets a special invitation to practice! ;)

I loved his reports in past years.

Reaction Score
If both Kyla & Camara aren't ready until October then you don't have anyone pushing Natalie in those practices. That would be my big concern with injuries at this point.
Maybe bring AZ into the middle against her?

Reaction Score
We definitely need an "thanks" in addition to a "like" button. We all know what HGN really intended above when "liking" CocoHusky's first post, but it comes off looking weird. I find myself sometimes thinking I want to acknowledge the poster without "liking" the message. Just ignore this. I'm basketball-starved.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I hope so. That October (first practice) thing is a really outdated Simi-technical milestone. The team will begin "practice"/workout the very first morning everyone is back on campus and I would not be surprised if the team came back earlier than the rest of UCONN students. If both Kyla & Camara aren't ready until October then you don't have anyone pushing Natalie in those practices. That would be my big concern with injuries at this point.

Huh......Coco, you're forgetting about Azura Stevens?!? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Huh.Coco, you're forgetting about Azura Stevens?!? :rolleyes:
Also known as AZ (above). My bad for mentioning her by her handle before she does so herself formally (I was already spanked for that when she announced for UConn!).

Reaction Score
We definitely need an "thanks" in addition to a "like" button. We all know what HGN really intended above when "liking" CocoHusky's first post, but it comes off looking weird. I find myself sometimes thinking I want to acknowledge the poster without "liking" the message. Just ignore this. I'm basketball-starved.

I've been systematically watching all of last season's games with the intention of being done when the new season starts. I'm especially watching the players who will return this year, not focusing on the big 3 dearly departed. Sometimes watching the stars do great things, I neglect to pay attention to the talented returnees. I also wonder if my opinions at the end of last year will hold up to those I form watching the games again. If you haven't tried this, Bags, give it a whirl.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Huh.Coco, you're forgetting about Azura Stevens?!? :rolleyes:
I meant pushing literally and figuratively. Azura is great but if she is pushing Natalie around then Azura is either stronger than she looks or Natalie is weaker than I thought.

Last edited:

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
MH: I know we needed the new practice facility to 'keep up' but one side effect of that is 'normal people' don't have access
to it....they did when the practices were at Gampel. Dignitaries such as DaddyC/JS who in the past have graced the olde building are
no longer able to wander in without permission from on high....we know who that is. Should that invitation arrive, I will be there....as I will be at Augusta
next April when THAT spectator ticket arrives.

Carnac

Reaction Score
I meant pushing literally and figuratively. Azura is great but if she is pushing Natalie around then Azura is either stronger than she looks or Natalie is weaker than I thought.

Contents noted. Bottom line: somebody needs to put a body on Butler everyday at practice, be it AZ, or somebody else. Iron sharpens iron. When things get rough for Butler in the paint (and it will) during a game, It should be second nature to her.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Contents noted. Bottom line: somebody needs to put a body on Butler everyday at practice, be it AZ, or somebody else. Iron sharpens iron. When things get rough for Butler in the paint (and it will) during a game, It should be second nature to her.

I think Natalie will be a major pleasant surprise this season. When her hand wasn't hurt, she showed that she could shoot from 10' on in. She just needs minutes, and a good break as to her health. And of course, she needs that UConn coaching to which you allude.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
MH: I know we needed the new practice facility to 'keep up' but one side effect of that is 'normal people' don't have access
to it....they did when the practices were at Gampel. Dignitaries such as DaddyC/JS who in the past have graced the olde building are
no longer able to wander in without permission from on high....we know who that is. Should that invitation arrive, I will be there....as I will be at Augusta
next April when THAT spectator ticket arrives.
I thought you had a pass to every building on campus. :)

I can understand why they would want to keep DaddyC and JS out, but you are a nice guy. :D

Carnac

Reaction Score
I think Natalie will be a major pleasant surprise this season. When her hand wasn't hurt, she showed that she could shoot from 10' on in. She just needs minutes, and a good break as to her health. And of course, she needs that UConn coaching to which you allude.

Agreed. Butler is the only 6'5" post player we have. Her time is NOW!!!

Reaction Score
Maybe bring AZ into the middle against her?
I would expect that too! It would be a good workout for both Natalie and Azura--rust is rust and this is a good way to get to the shiny stuff--even if AZ is more mobile that Natalie--.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Butler is the only 6'5" post player we have. Her time is NOW!!!
If not NOW--WHEN?? High apple pie in the sky--Hopes, ooops there goes another rubber tree plant. Natalie can do it. I've been wondering did N.B. do the Steff Dolson trick and downsize over the summer???

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
If not NOW--WHEN?? High apple pie in the sky--Hopes, ooops there goes another rubber tree plant. Natalie can do it. I've been wondering did N.B. do the Steff Dolson trick and downsize over the summer???

N.B.?? What the hell is N.B.

If you mean Butler, why is N.B. preferable to Butler, Natalie or just plain Nat (if you're looking for economy)?

This love for initials is just a huge pet peeve of mine, and I'm sure of others. It's getting out of control.

Reaction Score
N.B.?? What the hell is N.B.

If you mean Butler, why is N.B. preferable to Butler, Natalie or just plain Nat (if you're looking for economy)?

This love for initials is just a huge pet peeve of mine, and I'm sure of others. It's getting out of control.

NB could stand for Noodle Brain! But apparently you knew it stood for Butler. So why the fuss??? Few will bow to your peeve--no matter which way you pet it.

If AZ can be used for Azura Stephens --why do find you must complain about NB for Natalie Butler. (Used in the same posting) If you PREFER to use Nat or Butler--have at it--but have the courtesy and human decency to not complain about the use of abbreviations that are widely used by everyone--I must confess many abbreviations have a tendency to mean different things to different organizations--and I'm confused by them. Only one ever ran me to do as you are doing--P.O.W (Player of the Week) which in my brain conjures up friends who died as POW's-- I now feel foolish for making such hissy fit.

Typically when using initial the writer should first spell out then show the initials--i.e. Natalie Butler N.B.; only in good communications will you find that--rarely in the Courant.

Use your pet peeve and stroke this.DT, SB, SC, TW, GW, KLS, SB, NC, DD, SA, RM, just to mention a few. Enjoy.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score

Use your pet peeve and stroke this.DT, SB, SC, TW, GW, KLS, SB, NC, DD, SA, RM, just to mention a few. Enjoy.

Gobbledygook ... if you prefer that to clear communication, than certainly that's your choice.

Lots of posters agree with you; you aren't the only one provoking my 'hissy fit,' so I'm sorry you're taking my beef personally. I've bitched about the use of initials in the past. 'D' gets a pass because her associates call her that, but with KLS, for example, she has explicitly said she prefers to called Lou. That is particularly annoying because use of 'KLS' shows lack of respect for the young woman..

Reaction Score
Gobbledygook ... if you prefer that to clear communication, than certainly that's your choice.

Lots of posters agree with you; you aren't the only one provoking my 'hissy fit,' so I'm sorry you're taking my beef personally. I've bitched about the use of initials in the past. 'D' gets a pass because her associates call her that, but with KLS, for example, she has explicitly said she prefers to called Lou. That is particularly annoying because use of 'KLS' shows lack of respect for the young woman..
I suppose I did take it personally--because you didn't make a generic comment, as you could have, you made a specific comment based on my use of NB. Were you personal in you comment --certainly. So why in the world would you think I' d think you were going for a global non specific moment.

Ive lived with initials/acronyms my whole life--that's the world we live in--if you work in one line of work and move to another you must learn a whole new list of acronyms. .

I wrote a very nasty reply and wiped it out choosing to offer you an understanding comment--with a bit of a bite to it.

I could care less what other really think about KLS or how she prefers her name--I don't talk to her, when I do I'll call her Lou--I try to not be nasty or degrade people on the boneyard--
because after I do it I feel worse than the person dissed. But I do make exceptions--and you are not one.
I have a real issue with word police or punctuation police or Latin police, or being taught English --I was learned inglish at 10 year auld does anyone think I can be trained now? Get real. I learn what I need to survive and enjoy life--beyond that--it's just a waste of your time and mine.

--

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

I suppose I did take it personally--because you didn't make a generic comment, as you could have, you made a specific comment based on my use of NB. Were you personal in you comment --certainly. So why in the world would you think I' d think you were going for a global non specific moment.

Ive lived with initials/acronyms my whole life--that's the world we live in--if you work in one line of work and move to another you must learn a whole new list of acronyms. .

I wrote a very nasty reply and wiped it out choosing to offer you an understanding comment--with a bit of a bite to it.

I could care less what other really think about KLS or how she prefers her name--I don't talk to her, when I do I'll call her Lou--I try to not be nasty or degrade people on the boneyard--
because after I do it I feel worse than the person dissed. But I do make exceptions--and you are not one.
I have a real issue with word police or punctuation police or Latin police, or being taught English --I was learned inglish at 10 year auld does anyone think I can be trained now? Get real. I learn what I need to survive and enjoy life--beyond that--it's just a waste of your time and mine.

--
And it's not even September. Oh when oh where is November.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom